Search results

1. JSCC

UR12 - Universal Remote Control

As I have like at least 5 remote controls, would love to have them all "integrated" into one (neater). Questions will be: 1. Is it simple to set it up to work for MCD500/MS750/MVP871? 2. The add on the functions for Samsung's TV and Bluray DVD Model BDP1400)? Anyone with the...
  2. JSCC

My MCD500 Arrived !!! Wow !!!

My MCD500 finally arrived in my setup at 10 pm - just 3 hours ago! EVERYTHING you guys mentioned in the various thread are true!!!:thmbsp: It is one helluva player (my apologies for use of this descriptive word) !!! :thmbsp: Its like 85% or more of what the MCD/MDA1k combo is!!! The sound is...
  3. JSCC

Wishing All A Happy & Prosperous Chinese New Year

Its 10.30 pm now and in another 1.5 hours, its the year of the OX! :thmbsp: Like to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous "Niu" (Chinese pinyin for Ox/Bull) Year!!! Yum Seng (Bottoms Up everyone) !!!! :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: May good luck, health, wealth and fortune be with all of...
  4. JSCC

XR200 Announced

Understand McIntosh (Jim Ludoviconi) has announced the launch of the XR200 3-Way Loudspeakers. Orders are being accepted now and priced at US$8k (per piece/pair? - this needs verification). Initial specs are: Speakers: 7 tweeters, 12 Mids and 3 (8") Woofers! Frequency Response - 20Hz to 45KHz...
  5. JSCC

Wishing All A Happy & Prosperous 2009!

Hi All Ak'ers, Its 10.31 pm, 31st December over here and counting down to the end of 2008. Like to wish everyone A Happy & Prosperous 2009 ! :beerchug: Let us all pray for peace, prosperity, harmony and love for the world! :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: And of course, may all of our McIntosh...
  6. JSCC

Wishing Everyone A Merry X'mas & A Happy New Year 2009

To All McIntosh Fans in this forum (and all my friends - you know who you are) I like to wish everyone A Merry Christmas & A Very Happy & Prosperous New Year 2009!!! :beerchug: Cheers! :banana:
  7. JSCC

Blu-ray Problem

I would like to share a phenomenon I have encountered and hopefully, someone in this forum could help resolve. I have recent 2 Movie Blu-ray DVDs - "Kung Fu Panda" and "Wanted" that somehow will NOT play once the usual slide shows are over. No matter how much I have tried, the screen would...
  8. JSCC

Vintage ML2M & ML2C Loudspeakers

Over the weekend, while going to the local ISSE show (not really much to see except for the new Wilson MAXX 3 powered by the humongous Goldmund Telos amplifiers and the usual McIntosh XRT1k powered by one single pair of MC1.2k), saw on demo in a vintage hifi shop nearby these two pairs of...
  9. JSCC

Some New Changes To My Combo !

I must have been crazy to put this together, but somehow I did! The MCD/MDA1k and the older MVP841 will be moved to the study where I am thinking of building a third system .... just so when I dont have the lounge, I am still with music. For now, I stacked these gears on top of the XRT30's bass...
  10. JSCC

Ripping "Copy Control Technology CDs"?

While ripping/copying my CD collection into the wonderful MS750, came across a few "Copy Control Technology CD's". The CD in question - Cliff Richard : Dressed For The Occasion - With The London Philharmonic Orchestra, had this boldly displayed in the back label: "This disc contains Copy...
  11. JSCC

MS750 .... A First Encounter

Just to share. The MS750 arrived Thu afternoon and by evening, I am busily working to have my CD collection stored into this wonderful McGear. Out of the box, it looked solid and heavy. However, the VERY flimsy tray betrays its pedigree. Seriously, McIntosh ought to have the MCD301's tray...
  12. JSCC

One Ak'er Visit

Hi Met fellow Ak'er (STILLONE) while he was in transit over here last friday (18th July). We have a wonderful time sharing experiences over a cuppa and then dropped by to his favorite MBL speakers' distributor. I must say I am very impressed with the entire setup, especially the latest...
  13. JSCC

Tube Biasing - How Long/How Often ??

As I gazed at my 3 MC2000's, a thought just crossed my mind. Biasing .... :scratch2: Yes, sometime back, I did received Ron C advise that the FIRST biasing of the tubes should be about after 50 hours of play. The question here is thereon? No more biasing needed? And What if I DONT do the...
  14. JSCC

MS750 vs SoolooS

Having seen and heard the MS750, was instantly "sold". Now waiting for its arrival. While moving around last Thursday, chanced upon a high-end similar performer named "sooloos" which has a 1TB capacity plus a long wired touch screen monitor (think its about 15 inch to 17 inch). However, it...
  15. JSCC

At Last, Get To Hear Them !!!

Finally, got the time to sit down and fire up the 3 sets of MC2000 powering my XRT30's. Have been listening to them for the past 4 hours, the first 2 putting thru "The French Open Tennis Men's Semi Finals TV commentary" ... while the last 2 hours been playing (Jaime Valle's "'Round...
  16. JSCC

My New Babies

Finally, they are here. As promised, pictures will be posted (with the help of Carl, of course. Thanks Carl).:thmbsp: Though I am itching to go test them in the "passive tri-amp" mode, unable to do so due to work commitment (new boss), tight vacation schedule (next week with family) followed...
  17. JSCC

Wishing All Ak'ers, A Happy & Prosperous Lunar New Year

Know I am a day early, but given the busy schedule over here in Perth plus the slow internet access speed, like to take this opportunity to wish one and all (especially my good friend Howie & all Chinese members ...) A Happy & Prosperous Year Of The Rat. :beerchug...
  18. JSCC

Wishing Everyone A Very Happy & Prosperous New Year !

Wishing everyone A Happy & Prosperous New Year !!! :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: May everyone's McWish be granted in full !!! :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: Cheers! :banana:
  19. JSCC

MCD1k Reading "Cranky"

Hi Ron C, Recently, experienced 3 prominent reading issues with my MCD1k. 1. Each time I put in a HDCD CD, the transport fail to read/register the disc. The readout is "0" ......... 2. For some other CD's it will play but with "digital error correction" sound being produced. 3. This...
  20. JSCC

Updated Pics Of Vintage System

Just to share some updated pics of my Vintage System. As usual, with Carl's help ....... Hope you guys lke it. Cheers! :banana:
  21. JSCC

Finally, Its Ready ......

Finally, my "Ultimate All McIntosh Dream System" is ready. :D I will post the pics tomorrow once the camera's charged up (with Carl's help again - hey Carl, many Thanks!). :thmbsp: From unpacking to setup, it was such a chore, a happy one though. The bass units are so heavy ...
  22. JSCC

Share My Vintage System

Finally, managed to get my vintage system in all its "wooden" glory. Also did a mod on the MC2205 to make it like the same vintage as the MX113 knobs. This is one system I treasure a lot as it involves a lot of time and effort to put together. Performance? Simply musical and enchanting-...
  23. JSCC

McIntosh MA6900 Limited Edition

Happen to see this piece advertised in the Japanese STEREO (July copy, Number 163) magazine with Charlie's face besides it.:D Yes, the integrated amp is a "Limited Edition" ....:thmbsp: As I dont know how to read Japanese, dont quite know what's the difference between this and the standard...
  24. JSCC

Klipschorn 60th Anniversary Edition

Hi, I am very interested to know more about this pair of speakers. However, cant seem to be able to find any reviews or comments anywhere. The only reading materials I got about them was from the Klipsch website which are basically the regular "marketing & advertisement" write ups. Would...
  25. JSCC

Finally - Vintage Gears Arrived!

Just to share my joy on the receipt of the entire Vintage system yesterday after a full 3 months of waiting!:D :D :D Well, 80% of it went well - the MQ101 had a blown fuse - as I was not informed that it had NOT been (actually cannot) be converted to 240v. Hope it would worked right once the...
Back
Top Bottom