Search results

1. 63pontiacgp

This Shit Jams

I think it's an "80" series. It doesn't say anything else in the listing. Mike
  2. 63pontiacgp

This Shit Jams

What can I say, I like Firefox. I'm old and stubborn. I don't like Edge. I also use Firefox on my Linux box out in my shop:) Edit: I also use Thunderbird! Mike
  3. 63pontiacgp

This Shit Jams

Love the description. No affiliation. Mike
  4. 63pontiacgp

Best budget cartridges of all time post yours

Another thing to consider is what us weirdos on AK consider to be a "budget" cartridge versus the common man on the street. Mike
  5. 63pontiacgp

Buying Used Vinyl and Giving Feedback

There's a few here on AK that I trust and will buy used records from, other than that no used records for me. Mike
  6. 63pontiacgp

Revitalizing AK

Been here a few years and will keep coming here. I have noticed that some members, even long time members aren't particularly nice to the "newbies". Snobbish and condescending remarks in my opinion have no place here. Mike
  7. 63pontiacgp

Best budget cartridges of all time post yours

Gotta vote for the AT3600L as well for best budget cartridge. I bought a few of them sometime back for I think it was less than 15.00 each. Not my daily driver cartridge but I have them mounted and ready to go on either my Technics or my Dual in case I need them. My MP-200 and 95SH are much...
  8. 63pontiacgp

Tube gurus-What's your favorite 12AU7?

I've always thought the Baldwin labeled ones I pulled from an organ many years ago sounded good. I think they are actually Sylvania's. Mike
  9. 63pontiacgp

What's your latest audio purchase?

I pick up these intercom units when I find them cheap. Good source of tubes, replacement speakers, and other odds and ends. I used the cabinet to pretty up my wife's Alexa unit in her craft room. Mike
  10. 63pontiacgp

Nope, spoke too soon. Bottom of it is completely rotted out. This chassis at least for me is not salvageable. Didn't spend much so no big deal. Mike
  11. 63pontiacgp

You might say that this late 40's Sonora radio is gonna need some work. Mike
  12. 63pontiacgp

Guess what? New radio for me. Airline 93BR-421B. Made for Wards by Belmont Radio in 1939. Cute little thing. It was painted ivory when sold new. I stripped it and was thinking about repainting it but decided I like the brown Bakelite better. Mike
  13. 63pontiacgp

Korean LP manufacturer ?

Cool. I bought some Korean pressings when I was stationed there in the early 80's. I remember that on John Cougar's Uh Huh the record didn't have "Jack and Diane". That song did not make it past the censorship that was in place at the time. Mike
  14. 63pontiacgp

Phono preamp question

I don't know anything about the phono preamp section of his receiver. I would expect that it would be quieter than other inputs. If I switch from phono to digital from my DAC and I want the volume to be about the same I have to turn it down. Without hearing his setup it's difficult. I'm not sure...
  15. 63pontiacgp

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Bonus points for me for finding this pair of Italian Empoli decanters at the thrift for 12 bucks. My wife is into glass. Mike
  16. 63pontiacgp

Found this General Electric FM only T-168A from about 1960 yesterday. Cleaned up pretty nice. My wife took it to use in her decorating. Mike
  17. 63pontiacgp

Phono preamp question

Using the phono input does he have it set for MC or MM? It should be MM. Mike
  18. 63pontiacgp

Well, you all know me well enough by now to know that I picked up another radio. Cute little 4 tube Jewel model 955 from 1949. Mike
  19. 63pontiacgp

Nagaoka Cartridges

On my Dual I also tried the ML stylus for the VM95 and didn't care for it. The Shibata stylus sounds better to me. Still happy with the MP-200 on my Technics. Like others have stated, there's no real way to "try before you buy". Mike
  20. 63pontiacgp

Recommendations for a table with auto stop/lift under ~$2,500

The new Technics SL-1500C has an auto lift feature. Mike
  21. 63pontiacgp

Show Us Your Little Turntables!

Early 70's Panasonic SG-200 "Funnygraph" Mike
  22. 63pontiacgp

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The Beatles: With The Beatles & Please Please Me, in mono. Mike
  23. 63pontiacgp

300B tube recommendations

I bought a couple pairs of Psvane's a few years ago. Still using the first pair. Mike
  24. 63pontiacgp

List of Absurd Prices for Items - Fun thread for obviously enthusiastic expectations

Kinda funny story here. A couple weeks ago I gave these speakers away for free after I had removed the tweeters. In the listing he says "sound good". Mike
  25. 63pontiacgp

Leaky Tube

Fada 740 from '47 is now playing nicely. Mike
Back
Top Bottom