Search results

1. 63pontiacgp

Leaky Tube

Kinda nice when a problem with a new radio I picked up is pretty easy to spot. Mike
  2. 63pontiacgp

Decent Inexpensive DAC

On my home stereo I use a Schiit Modius. For my shop I was looking for something a little more inexpensive. I found this on Amazon for 25.99. My Linux box recognized it immediately and it works just fine. Mike
  3. 63pontiacgp

We may be cool........

But we're not Frank Sinatra cool. What's in the bowl on the table? Cigarettes? Mike
  4. 63pontiacgp

Empire LTD 400

Empire LTD cartridge on a table I picked up. Decent cartridge or not? Worth picking up a stylus or not? Mike
  5. 63pontiacgp

78 Mono Cartridge

My Dad sent these home sometime in the 50's from basic training. What would be a decent 78 cartridge that won't break the bank or damage these records? They look to be one sided. Looking for something that can be mounted on a standard Technics headshell. I normally don't play 78's. Thanks Mike
  6. 63pontiacgp

Got bit by an 85 year old today

I work on a lot of AC/DC "hot" chassis tube radios. This is just a reminder because we all can get complacent. I was working on a 1939 Arvin 3 tube set and regretfully was not using my isolation transformer (I know better). To make it worse this is a metal cabinet radio, I have a few of these...
  7. 63pontiacgp

Somebody wasn't thinking

When they came up with this idea for a t-shirt. Mike
  8. 63pontiacgp

Bic America Speakers

Picked up a pair of Bic America DV62si speakers this morning for a ten spot. The actually sound pretty good even with a missing woofer dustcap and a dented in tweeter dome. I think they'll become my new shop speakers. Mike
  9. 63pontiacgp

Poor Quality Pressing Kind Of Blue

I picked up this from Amazon and will be returning it. It has a "TSSShhhhh" sound on the right channel on both my tables. Yes, everything is set up properly and other records are fine. Without breaking the bank what's a recommended version of this album? Mike
  10. 63pontiacgp

Dual 1246 Question

I should know the answer, I'm not a (gasp) "newbie". On my Dual tracking is set at 2, anti-skate at 2 so I'm assuming that stylus pressure should also be set at 2. The manual is not very clear on this. Stylus pressure adjustment is the thumb wheel on the side. Mike
  11. 63pontiacgp

Shibata VS Micro-Linear

Yesterday I swapped out the Shibata stylus on my AT-VM95 for a Micro-Linear stylus and have done some critical listening. I seems that the ML is crisper and a bit "snappier". I would think that the Shibata should be better, it costs more. Right?
  12. 63pontiacgp

Talking Alarm Clock Record Player

Put a new belt on a Raggedy Ann & Andy talking alarm clock today. From 1974, kinda cool little simple record player. Mike
  13. 63pontiacgp

Old man record label rant

What's with the record companies not putting "Side One" or "A" etc on their labels? Especially annoying on double albums. I hate having to reach for my Dollar Tree cheaters to look at a label. "Get off my lawn". Mike
  14. 63pontiacgp

Smaller sub sounds better?

I've been using a Klipsch KSW-10 powered sub for many many years. Recently I found a very good deal on the larger KSW-12 and swapped them out. I just put the 10 back in place. Too me the 10 has tighter cleaner bass. Has anyone else experienced this? Mike
  15. 63pontiacgp

Bing on the Grafonola with volume at 11

Bing Crosby on my Grafonola. No overhang, no VTA. Mike
  16. 63pontiacgp

Darlington Labs

A few months back I bought a Darlington Labs MP7 phono preamp. I really like this preamp, it's the best I've ever had. I decided to get "fancy" and build a power supply for it. You can read about it here: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ac-to-ac-regulation.1038685/ It worked...
  17. 63pontiacgp

Making Jerky

It's sorta like cooking. Running low so making another 5 pounds. Mike
  18. 63pontiacgp

Franklin KY 07 October

Swap meet on the 7th of Oct in Franklin KY. Mostly tube radios (something I'm very into) but usually records, HiFi, etc. as well. Mike
  19. 63pontiacgp

Turntable Feet From Mnpctech

Received a set of new feet for my Technics SL-1500C today. Very nice quality from Mnpctech. Mike
  20. 63pontiacgp

Interesting Speakers Shannon Brooke

On Marketplace just across the river. No affiliation. Mike https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/997307871300818?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ab9f5f8b5-31dc-413b-98eb-46de175a85c9
  21. 63pontiacgp

Allied Model 3105 10" 3 Way Speaker System

Picked these up off Marketplace on a whim. Not a very good sounding speaker at all. The ugly CV's I got from @onwardjames for my shop blow them away. Drivers are all in good shape. Very "thin" sounding. Mike
  22. 63pontiacgp

Dual Question

Found a little bag of Dual parts the other day. The sled, alignment gauge, etc I know. Does anybody know what the black round plastic doohickey is for, or if it is even for a Dual? Mike
  23. 63pontiacgp

Panasonic SG-200 Funny Graph

No good condition records were harmed in this video. Mike
  24. 63pontiacgp

Audio Technica VM540ML

What are your thoughts on this cartridge for my Dual 1246. Overall reviews look good. I moved the Nagaoka MP-200 off this table to my new SL1500C because I didn't care for the OM 2 Blue/ Mike
  25. 63pontiacgp

AC to AC Regulation

I have a couple different 24VAC power supplies. With 120.4 input and no load one measures 29.13 and the other measures 27.09. Is there a way to regulate this to where it would be 24 on the dot? Mike
Back
Top Bottom