Search results

1. moggi1964

XBox One S - using it in place of a laptop to stream networked music to DAC

I know, lengthy title! I currently use Jriver as the server on the home PC (Windows 10) and stream music to a Windows 10 Laptop which connects via USB to my Emotiva XDA-2 DAC. We are moving and I may need to find a way to integrate my son's Xbox One S (XB1S) into the system and I figure if I...
  2. moggi1964

TEAC A-H500 decides which input its going to let me hear

So in the last week or so my TEAC has had a habit of either sticking on a single input (almost always the MD input) or letting me choose the one I want and then part way through changing to another input and staying there when I turn the selector knob! Anyone ever had an amp that won't stay on...
  3. moggi1964

Lower volume on one channel - TEAC AH500

Hello, I have lower volume on one channel that I need to adjust balance to get equal; clearly not a solution. I have swapped the speaker wires at the unit and it follows the wires. I also tried different wire and it did the same. I used a Technics receiver and the speakers both provided the...
  4. moggi1964

The Dual just ain't working out

Story: My friend had a Radio Shack TT that gave up the ghost so I offered to set her up with a decent setup for $175 and she agreed. Got her a new phono stage(the ART DJ Pre II) and a new cartridge (AT95E) and a nice condition Dual 1019. Set it up with stylus weight guage and got it...
  5. moggi1964

Work colleague having issues with old Magnavox Micro Matic

He knows about my interest in audio and asked if I could help him resolve a sound problem. I don't have time right now to go over to his place so wanted to try and see if the learned bunch here could throw some light and some suggestions. I'll post links to two audio files he recorded: one is...
  6. moggi1964

I'm so bloody excited

I just bought a TEAC TN-400 from an Aker. I don't have it yet and might not for a few weeks but I'm buzzing. Already researching the 3009 II Improved arm to see if I want to upgrade. Got a woodworker friend (he's building my Tubelab SE chassis) interested in either repairing or creating...
  7. moggi1964

Hooking up my sub to my Tubelab SE 300B

So I am trying to plan ahead for what equipment I want to take with us when we move. I drew a picture of what i think it will look like. I would like to hook up my SE to my Epik Valor sub which is also going to do double duty as the HT sub. I have read I can just wire in a second set of...
  8. moggi1964

Friend found this in a dumpster

Uher 4400 This was how it looked inside its original box. The mic is also in the box. People throw away the most amazing stuff :yes:
  9. moggi1964

Epik Valor voltage question

I can't see a way that my Valor will run on 240V but I desperately want to take it to the UK with me. I could use a converter but that would be a last resort. Does anyone own one? Any idea if there is something i am missing? This was the most reliable of the Epik range as far as I can tell...
  10. moggi1964

Dual Voltage?

Are there any specific manufacturers that provided a dual voltage option on a tape deck or is it much like with TT's they only operate to a specific voltage/hertz configuration? Thanks.
  11. moggi1964

Using Bluray player as method of streaming digital

Probably used the wrong terminology so if I explain my needs and current setup I hope you can advise. Moving to UK so need to buy a Bluray player when we get there (will be taking US bought Oppo BD93 for playing US disks). Currently I stream from my desktop (via network cable) though my laptop...
  12. moggi1964

Opinions on this Variac?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-VARIAC-Output-0-130VAC-3AMP-60Hz-NIB-/261387645709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdbeaf30d Seems to have the right qualities for testing a new amp build. 3A will be sufficient for a 300B based Tubelab SE build, right? Thanks.
  13. moggi1964

NNJ to Frankenfest (Clinton MA)

55 Sterling Street Clinton Ma 01510 I have two large speakers (41" x 15" x 12") 70lbs each that I want to get up to the FF for Baco99 to collect and service for me. Anyone heading past 07940? I have 287 to the left of me and the Turnpike to the right so could arrange a meet most likely. Happy...
  14. moggi1964

Can anyon recommend a person/company to 'service' my speakers in NJ?

My N.E.A.R. 80's are likely around 30 years old and it wouldn't hurt for someone who knows what they are doing to replace some caps and generally check them over. If anyone on the forum can recommend someone in NJ that would be great. The speakers have some Bozak components in them but they...
  15. moggi1964

Replacing current iTunes music files - find and replace?

I was struggling to find a title for this thread but here is what i want to do: Oh, first thing: Must use iTunes - wife will not use anything other than iTunes. So I have been ripping all my CD's to uncompressed FLAC for playing through my Emotiva XDA-2 and plan to convert from FLAC to a...
  16. moggi1964

Information on a trash find

A friend of mine found this in the trash and brought it home. He cleaned it up, rewired the tonearm and sanded the wood. He also found a box of tubes with it, many with boxes, which I haven't had a chance to look at. He is eager to get some information on the console. Thanks.
  17. moggi1964

Now it is fixed - thoughts on layout/improvements welcomed

gadget73 did a wonderful job and gave me back a working preamp that is now in my system. It adds some bass to the CD player it is hooked up to which is exactly what I needed it to do. Here is the schematic, if anyone has any thoughts on possible improvements I would be happy to hear them...
  18. moggi1964

Exactly Why Vinyl Isn't The Future of Audiophilia

http://hometheaterreview.com/exactly-why-vinyl-isnt-the-future-of-audiophilia/ I agree it isn't the future and I look forward to the day when blu-ray audio disks sell for $15 and used ones start appearing at the same price as I pay for my vinyl albums :music: Until then.........
  19. moggi1964

Great experience with Scott1019

Great packaging; great communication, great support for a great tuner! Overall................great :banana:
  20. moggi1964

Wes in VA - top guy!

Can't say enough about the positive experience I had with Wes. It probably goes without saying but this chap personifies what AK is all about. The sign of a True AK'er is how they deal with a situation that doesn't go to plan in my opinion. First class gentleman is Wes. :tresbon:
  21. moggi1964

Using Mogami Quad to up cable capacitance

So I recently became the owner of a lovely Dual 1219 (bought from an Ak'er, a lovely gentleman). It has the Shure M91ED cart and I have been reading that this cart demands higher capacitance than many more recent carts. Between 400 and 500. I know I have 150pf in my phono pre and the...
  22. moggi1964

Wanting to avoid a problem

I have a Magnavox 185 amp built by GeorgeW from AK. Lovely little piece. I want to know if adding a tube preamp to gain a little more volume is likely to harm it. The audio chain would be: Turntable - SS Phone Stage (Vista Phone+) - Tube Preamp (Chinese 6C19 x 4 / 6F2 x 2 / 6N6 x 2) -...
  23. moggi1964

Technics SLD2 - looking for pricing advice

I have a Technics SLD2 with ADC XLM Mk II Improved cartridge with stylus and a recently purchased ZLM stylus from Jico too. The deck is in decent condition, the cover just okay (swirly but not cracked) and it plays well and holds speed well. I see them going for $75 to $100 but adding in...
  24. moggi1964

A friend needs some advice on equipment

So here is an excerpt from an email a friend sent to me and I would like your input please: I need a 'music system' for a room about 25' x 20' and I am lost in everything out there. I know I want as great sound for about $600 or so. I am thinking of getting a home theater in a box, because...
  25. moggi1964

Wharfedale E30 HORN TWEETERS CNJ CL

http://cnj.craigslist.org/ele/2303160154.html Seems the woofers are available too. NA
Back
Top Bottom