Search results

1. Frankie's Market

Thorens td 160 anti-skate stuck?

So today I decided to go over my tt and check to see if the arm is correctly adjusted. Things seemed to be fine until I got to adjusting the anti-skating. The ant-skating adjustment does not want to adjust ( or turn) higher beyond midpoint. I can adjust it all the way down ( and beyond) zero...
  2. Frankie's Market

APT Holman preamp notes

I have a APT Holman preamp, I love it, when I first purchased it the muting switch would randomly self actuate. There is an AKer that makes a replacement switch for it, and it is not that difficult to install. That said,, if I were on the fence about buying it I'd suggest you look up past sales...
  3. Frankie's Market

best Bluetooth for the home receiver?

Hey folks, I wanted to join the 21st century and set up my Advent 300 receiver so we can pull in the local NPR station to listen to news, etc. while in the kitchen making dinner and such. Being completely new to Bluetooth I guess my first question is this feasable? If it is what model Bluetooth...
  4. Frankie's Market

Cartridge identification please

So I'm trying to get my Thorens td 160 in spec and I rediscovered a stash of various cartridges that have been laying around for years. Within the collection I found two identical AT carts and one green AT carts. There are no identifying letters or numbers on them ( other than AT) on any of...
  5. Frankie's Market

Thorens TD 160 VTA

HI Folks, I'm trying to adjust the VTA on my Thorens, it has the stock arm. I've loosened the 2 allen screws ( actually backed them out all the way) and can't figure out how to lower or raise the arm, I've tried to gently twist the assembly but no luck. As an aside it seems like the assembly...
  6. Frankie's Market

Acoustic Research AR 1 advice needed

I bought this AR 1 at a thrift store this weekend. I'd like to open it up and check out the drivers before selling it. I see no screws on the back, wondering how to open it up, what advice can you give? Tia
  7. Frankie's Market

Oppo bdp 83 blue ray player not working

Hi Folks, the title pretty much says it all. I power it on, slide in a cd and I get a " not working" message on the display. I can hear a sound of the motor for a couple of seconds prior to the message but that's it. Admitidly I'm not very handy with blue ray/Cd players but I'm wondering if...
  8. Frankie's Market

New Mat for Thorens TD 160?

I recently purchased a TD 160 which apppears all original and in decent shape. The mat is original ( I think) and was considering getting a new one as it seems rather stiff. Any suggestions from Thorens owners? Tia.
  9. Frankie's Market

Places on Florida's gulf coast for records?

I hope I'm posting in the correct place, I'll be visiting family in the Englewood-Pine Island area of Florida, does anyone have a recommendation for used record stores, flea markets, etc. to look for used records? Thanks in advance, Ed
  10. Frankie's Market

What is this? Should I be concerned?

I recently noticed these white marks on one of my tweeters. The tweeter sounds as it should but I'm concerned that there might be a problem. I did dab it with DeOxit, didn't seem to remove it.Tia
  11. Frankie's Market

What do I got and...

Hi, I found this hidden away in a corner, I'm pretty sure it is a tweeter,no markings or identifying print, size is approximately 8"x 9" , any idea as to how to test it? how many ohms should it read? Tia.
  12. Frankie's Market

Thorens spindle size...

Hi Folks, I recently acquired a Thorens TD 160. I love this TT but the spindle size is such that many of my old and new records simply will not fit on the spindle as it is just to wide. What do you do to remedy the situation? Do you simply use an Exacto razor to bore the record hole? Open to...
  13. Frankie's Market

Where to get ...

I'm a recently new owner of a Thorens TD 160 turntable. The cartridge is a Shure Supertrack plus. I'd like to get a replacement stylus for it but I'm a little overwhelmed as to what stylus would be a replacement and where to purchase it. Advice? Tia, Ed
  14. Frankie's Market

Repairing or replacing worn cables?

Does anyone know of a service that repairs/replaces earphone cables? As you can probably guess I have a pair of earphones with the wires starting to fray. The stock wires are not the consumer replaceable cables, and I hate tossing a perfectly good pair into the trash cause a cable broke. Tia.
  15. Frankie's Market

What turntable is this?

Anyone able to identify this turntable? Thanks, Ed
  16. Frankie's Market

Pl550 or Pl 1150?

My set up is a Pioneer PL 550. It has given me many years of great service. I was just gifted a Pioneer 1150 which has been sitting unused for many years but looks intact . Knowing next to nothing on Pioneer turntable hierarchy is one of these considered better than the other? Why?
  17. Frankie's Market

Discogs, what am I doing wrong?

I'm relatively new to Discogs, I was looking up a record using the information on the run out groove and although the title and artist came up mostly correct and in English, the rest of the page came up in Japanese characters?!? What am I doing wrong? Or is the world turning Japanese? This...
  18. Frankie's Market

Paul Siebel has passed

I don't know if there are any other fans of Paul Siebel on here but I literally shed tears tonight when I heard that Paul had passed away today. I saw him perform in the early 70s many times, friends of mine were in his touring band so I was introduced to him on several occasions. For those...
  19. Frankie's Market

Test pressing, how to figure value?

Hi Folks, going thru my "extra" records I found a test pressing for BILL BRUFORD: gradually going tornado LP, it comes in a generic white cardboard jacket, with a typed sheet taped to it "Jem records" and a track listing. The record label itself has Hub-Servall Record Mfg. Corp. Test Pressing...
  20. Frankie's Market

Ultrasonic cleaner for stylus?

I started cleaning my records with a DIY ultra sonic cleaner about 6 months ago. Thinking about it I started wondering if cleaning my stylus in the us cleaner would be an effective way of cleaning the stylus on occasion? Opinions or experience doing such?
  21. Frankie's Market

Scan tools?

Hi folks, got a question, but first some background. I have a 2007 Kia Sportage ( don't Laugh please) it has a little over 100k and usually gets me where I want to go.earlier in the summer the dreaded check engine came on, I brought it to a trusted mechanic and he said it Was the transmission...
  22. Frankie's Market

Rogers, where in the pecking order?

I have a pair of Rogers LS2 bookshelf speakers, I'm wondering if there are other Rogers bookshelf/monitor speakers that would be a step up? Tia, Ed
  23. Frankie's Market

Rogers LS2 needing advice

Hi Folks, I have a pair of Rogers LS2 speakers I'm trying to resurrect and need advice. While in storage one of the cabinets was home to a mouse. It had entered the port, chewed up all the sound dampening/insulation. So I need advice as to what to replace the insulation with. I guess to keep...
  24. Frankie's Market

Rogers LS2 need tweeter help?

Good Morning folks, I had a pair of Rogers LS2 speakers in storage, took them out yesterday to possibly replace my M&K Satellites. Long story short, it looks like a rodent has nibble away on the dome of the tweeter as the insulation inside. Advice as to the usability of the tweeter? Source for...
  25. Frankie's Market

Multiday bike trip on rail to trail

Hey Folks, have any of you done any multiday bike trips? I'm pretty new to multiday bike trips. I plan on driving to Missouri this weekend and bike the Katy rail trail. I've got a Trek 730 that I've fitted with 35mm tires, double water bottles, a couple of panniers and and a credit card...
Back
Top Bottom