Search results

1. brminpin

Rajoo

Sold Rajoo a phono preamp. Very positive experience. Great communication wit prompt payment.
  2. brminpin

Goldmund T5 tonearm repair

Can anyone recommend a tech that may be able to repair a totally disassembled (wires and all) Goldmund T5 arm assembly? I have what appears to be all the parts but it was disassembled at some point and looks to have take some minor damage from shipping as well. Probably not the best arm our...
  3. brminpin

My open baffle system

Well, we moved over the winter and have finally settled into the new place. My dream of building a dedicated listening room in the basement has been put on a hold for the foreseeable future since I'm spending the money to work on some drainage issues in the yard ($11k+... :(). In trying to...
  4. brminpin

Audio Research (mostly).....

I think I'm at a place where I'll be very content for the foreseeable future. :naughty: Audio Research LS-25 preamp Audio Research PH-3 phonostage Audio Research DAC-7 DAC Audio Research VM220 amps Meta Research Laser-1 CD transport Well Tempered Amadeus TT to VAS SUT Pioneer RT-909 Asus laptop...
  5. brminpin

Props for my wife and other spouses out there in the AK family

I just thought I'd post a thanks for my wife for the many years of allowing me to participate in this hobby. For someone that can be so hot blooded, she's been incredibly patient with me... Several most recent things she's helped or allowed me to do come to mind. Allowing me to fully restore my...
  6. brminpin

Time for some Korean sam gyup sal (fresh sides)

Ha ha, just picked up our order of 1/2 hog from the butcher yesterday. This hog came from a friend of a friend of ours that raises our beef. Hormone and AB free! Got the charcoal going as I type. Good eats at the household tonight. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  7. brminpin

Going rate of restored Scott 233?

Could anyone give me an idea of what a fully restored, by Craig at NOSValves, 233 could fetch in the current market? Thanks.
  8. brminpin

AR XB Turntable

Is $250 for good physical and working condition AR XB reasonable storefront price? Thanks in advance.
  9. brminpin

Scott 350-D FM Tuner

So I acquired this tuner along with a 233 integrated this past weekend. The tuner is in perfect working condition with some Telefunkin tubes mixed in. After some cleaning it's in very nice condition. All lights work as well as the tuning indicator. No wood case though. I'm thinking of selling...
  10. brminpin

Byoungman1 is A-OK

Recently bought 4 Amperex tubes from Bryce. Communication was top notch. Shipment was prompt. Item was as described. A big thumbs up for byoungman1. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
  11. brminpin

Thumbs up for LesE

Had a great experience selling my HK ST-7 to Les. Payment was prompt. Communication was great throughout the whole process. Another example of an upstanding AK member.:thumbup:
  12. brminpin

WhiteSE

Recently sold Jack a preamp. Another fine AK member to deal with. Payment was prompt with great communication all through the transaction. Wouldn't hesitate to do business with again.
  13. brminpin

Montycat - great buyer

Andy is a great buyer. Paid promptly and communicated with me all during the transaction. :thmbsp:
  14. brminpin

Wes_in_VA - great buyer

Wes paid promptly and communicated with me all the way. What more could anyone want from a buyer on AK? :thmbsp:
  15. brminpin

Pittsburgh people, a little info needed..

So I've been thinking about changing jobs and such and have been contacted by an employer in Pittsburgh. The question for you Pittsburgh folks is where to look as far as real estate is concerned. Looking at having to stay within 30 minutes from UPMC Presbyterian. With 3 little ones, school...
  16. brminpin

My listening space w/o the Apogees (for now)

So, I took a 14 hours round trip drive to deliver my Apogees for a complete refurbish at Music Technology in Virginia. I'm really looking forward to them coming back, although I dread the drive and back to come. Anyways, I thought I'd post a picture of what the room looks like without the...
  17. brminpin

Anyone familiar with Bremerton, WA??

Hey there AK'ers. I've been pondering a job change and a move to the west coast. I've had my eyes out for something near Seattle and a job has popped up in Bremerton. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
  18. brminpin

Another + for mech986

Sold Bart a radar detector recently. It was a great transaction with prompt payment. Good example of a great AK member to deal with. :thmbsp:
  19. brminpin

Luthierman is A-ok

Did a really fast transaction with Luthierman. Payment was very prompt via Paypal. Great buyer. :thmbsp:
  20. brminpin

JVC QL-Y3F Help with arm elevator

My friend has a JVC QL-Y3F TT that needs some attention. I've looked over the service manual downloaded from VE but I'm still not sure how to go about repairing this table. What's happening is that when the tone arm up/down button is pressed, the arm is dropped so fast that the stylus...
  21. brminpin

Um.. Did I leave the bike on the roof of the car?

Well, the title says it all. Nothing like testing out the integrity of your house with a carbon fiber road bike..... :tears: :thumbsdn: Yes, it's mine and I just did it last night. Replacement cost for the frame will be $6500 before tax. Surprisingly, the components, for the most part...
  22. brminpin

Do you ever have one of those days.....

where your system just doesn't sound right? I don't know if there's something going on with my sinus since I've got a bit of a cold, but I just couldn't get into the music tonight. It just sounded dull and lifeless to me. I ended up just calling it a night and turned the boob tube on instead...
  23. brminpin

My system changes.....

Well, it's been over seven months since I've updated my system pictures. Since I last posted, I have gone through two different amps (McIntosh MC2205 and Edge M8) and one set of speakers (Martin Logan Sequel 2). I've also moved my equipment and furniture around and have been able to get the...
  24. brminpin

Pioneer PL-L1000A help

OK, I've been trying to find this info from the internet but haven't been able to find an answer to my specific question. So I figured I'd try here. I was wondering if anyone new if the motor on this TT needed to be oiled and if so how do I go about achieving this process? Thanks for your...
  25. brminpin

240sx4u

Evan is a stand up guy and our transaction on the Edge M8 amp went very smooth. :thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom