Search results

1. beotek

Bowers Wilkins 801 Matrix Anniversary Edition recap

Good luck and keep us posted!
  2. beotek

Honestly it's really hard to tell if I can't see in person the exact problem. However, if you are getting VC rub while you are moving the cones, then it could mean the spiders might be wearing out and not aligning the VC. If that is the case, it is a different issue than what I've personally...
  3. beotek

It is part number 9 in this diagram that I refer to as the stiffness ring under the dust cap. These can become dislodged with age due to dry glue and cause distortion because it is rattling the cone under the dust cap. Note: on one of my woofers that had distortion, it was a partially loose...
  4. beotek

If you flip your woofer up and down while holding it, do you hear anything loose? If so, it could be the stiffness ring underneath that became dislodged. That causes the woofer to sound distorted.
  5. beotek

Your woofer either has a detached dust cap (very common in this model due to dried glue) or the stiffness ring under the dust cap became dislodged. Both are easy fixes and parts can be reused. I've had this happen to mine before and they just needed to be reglued. A competent speaker tech can...
  6. beotek

ADS-910's

The 206-0101's are a smaller plate than the 206-0100. Don't worry, the 206-0100's tend to pop up on the bay. There's a single one currently being listed at $49.99. Too bad it's not a pair.
  7. beotek

ADS-910's

The numbers 206-100 and 206-0117 that Spiceman50 mentioned are the actual ADS tweeter part numbers. The 206-100 is an older part number that was part of the original 910 run. I believe the 206-0117 were installed in the later iterations.
  8. beotek

ADS-910's

Very nice! I do notice that the tweeter is not original. Did the original owner change the tweeters in both speakers so they're at least matching?
  9. beotek

Artsy photos of your gear

10. beotek

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Dec 13, 2010
  11. beotek

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

1. B&W 801 S2 2. ADS L910 3. ADS L810 4. Celestion SL6si 5. Beovox S75 6. AR4x 7. M&K S-100B 8. ADS L690 9. ADS L200
  12. beotek

Trying to get a midrange speaker fixed

Take some sticky tape and gently use it to pull out the dome.
  13. beotek

Artsy photos of your gear

14. beotek

B&W Matrix 801 Series 2 - compared to modern speakers

Bradbrews, yes when the stiffness ring is loose it sounds just like a loose dust cap but the dust cap is still perfectly glued.
  15. beotek

B&W Matrix 801 Series 2 - compared to modern speakers

One thing to look out for when these age is the glue used to attach the dustcap of the woofers tend to become brittle. It will just happen randomly where you'll start hearing vibration in your low frequencies. It's a relatively easy fix to remove, clean, and reglue the dustcap back on...
  16. beotek

Rescued M&K sub, what do I have?

Shoot Ken Kreisel an email. He can be contacted directly here: kkreisel@kreiselsound.com
  17. beotek

ADS L910s not sounding as sweet as I'd expect... 710s and 1290s sound way better??

I've owned all 3 flavors, 710, 810 (Braun version and series 2's), and the 910. The 910's are the clear winner IMHO. What version are your 910's?
  18. beotek

Pics of your listening space

Is it me or do the stands for the AR3a's look upside down?
  19. beotek

New vs Old when it comes to speakers?

Porkloin hit it spot on. For that price it is a steal compared to other 802's in the market. Do you know if they are series 2 or 3? I'm assuming they aren't Series 80 since you mentioned Matrix in your description. I own the 801's, essentially the big brother of the 802's. I have nothing...
  20. beotek

I Joined The ADS 910 Club Too...

Very true. Like I said in my original post, I've been looking for a pair of 910's since 1991 and barely got them!
  21. beotek

Haha, true. I always scratch my head every time I see cup marks on top of speaker cabinets. It's like, why?!?!?!?!
  22. beotek

I really think it depends on what time frame the ADS speakers were made and what fabric they used. For example, the pairs of 810's I also own, the pair that had Braun drivers but with the ADS badge has different grill fabric than a later pair of 810's I have. So it really depends on the time frame.
  23. beotek

Hi Glenn. I've had them for almost 2 months now and after they have been restored, they sound fantastic. The serial numbers aren't consecutive but very close (1182 and 1185). I believe these are a pair of the early models based on the serial numbers. They are part of my secondary system...
  24. beotek

Rebuilt crossovers:
  25. beotek

I put some work into restoring the cabinets. They had scratches, faded finishes, and tons of rings on the top. The stands had paint chips and were filthy. I was able to clean them up nicely and touch up the paint chips to where it is barely noticeable. One of the speakers had a bad woofer that...
Back
Top Bottom