Search results

1. 62caddy

Global Warming insurance?

The correct way to analyze losses is as a percentage of GNP. The more construction built in weather's path, the greater the expected losses, hence headlines. There had been studies done on this and it was found that there was no significant change in losses/GNP dating back over 100 years.
  2. 62caddy

Cost to sell on eBay

The law went into effect long after anybody had a thought they would be on the hook and expecting private sellers to have kept records for purchases of personal property is unduly burdensome. Proceeds from garage sales are exempt from reporting so there's no reason the same consideration...
  3. 62caddy

Receiver WPC Question - Building A Vintage System On A Budget

I did qualify by adding this however. ...but it depends on the materials used in their construction.
  4. 62caddy

From your quoted thread: Last comment- if you deal with very old equipment, or test equipment, use caution. We just don't know what materials were used or how they've changed over the years, so a blanket statement that no harm will come is risky. With test equipment, you might be dealing with...
  5. 62caddy

Pots have gotten destroyed by the use of D5 but it depends on the materials used in their construction. Glad you were one of the lucky ones but not something that is generally recommended.
  6. 62caddy

C-24 question

On every hi fi unit I've ever owned, the headphone jack is always energized whenever the unit was playing. The draw from headphones is so small that it has negligible effect on the power to the main speakers- if that is what the concern is here. Correct- the C24 does not have provisions for...
  7. 62caddy

The 6% commission on buying or selling a home is gone

Not at all. It is the market a/k/a supply and demand, nothing less; nothing more.
  8. 62caddy

The 6% commission on buying or selling a home is gone

It was always my understanding that realtor commissions were negotiable.
  9. 62caddy

Cost to sell on eBay

It should go back to $20,000 in sales before a 1099 is generated. Expecting the occasional seller to provide documentation of purchase costs and expenses for items they’ve owned for years is unreasonably burdensome. And if they’re effectively treating everyone with annual sales of $600 as a...
  10. 62caddy

Actual watts....who can shed light on this subject?

The output leads inside an MC2300 are probably no larger than that. It’s all about the length of the cables as a function of impedance that determine the appropriate gauge.
  11. 62caddy

Cost to sell on eBay

Audiogon might be worth considering as an alternative. I don't know their fee structure or the 1099 issue.
  12. 62caddy

"99% accuracy" should be self explanatory. All I was pointing out is that Mc meter readings are much more reliable than those of most consumer equipment and the special steps Mc took to help ensure their accuracy. If you have knowledge to the contrary, show us. If not, why are you attempting to...
  13. 62caddy

My Auto Repair Shop Messed Up, (Big Time)

That's one heck of a "probably" to assume. Nobody here has any idea how extensive the damage, including the OP who only knows what the shop told him.
  14. 62caddy

McIntosh meters actually have special circuitry to compensate for the physical mass of the meter needle dating back to 1967 with their very first metered models. Mc claimed meter accuracy of 99%. They were also unique in that they respond to voltage as well as load.
  15. 62caddy

In theory, 60W. It's a common misconception that a larger amplifier does something better than a lower powered one driven within its limits (all other factors equal). Only a few watts are needed for most average listening levels, and in some cases, only a few 1/10s or 1/100s of a watt with...
  16. 62caddy

FYI: Deoxit should be used on switches only. F1 Faderlube for pots.
  17. 62caddy

My Auto Repair Shop Messed Up, (Big Time)

I’d far rather a good used engine that was manufactured at the factory than roll the dice on a rebuilt engine any day. Same happened years ago on a friend’s Acura Integra. The engine was never the same after it had been rebuilt after the timing belt failed and it burned a quart of oil every 800...
  18. 62caddy

C-24 question

Note the fixed load at each channel. This is to prevent a tube amplifier from going into oscillation should the speakers be disconnected while the amplifier is playing at high level. The C26 also has this feature.
  19. 62caddy

C-24 question

The volume control doesn’t alter the signal level at the headphone jack directly. It affects the signal level to the amplifier inputs which in turn alters the level at its outputs, thus the level at the headphone jack.
  20. 62caddy

C-24 question

The C26 and C27 are the same regarding the need for an amplifier to power the headphone jack.
  21. 62caddy

Mc30 hum goes away when gain,hum or rca is touched

If the hum disappears when connected to the preamp, I wouldn't worry about it. I've never run my MC30s without all connections made so I have no idea whether hum would have present if they weren't.
  22. 62caddy

RIP Terry DeWick

I guess that'll be one more reason to hold onto my MAC1500. It's the only Mc I still have that Terry worked on. It was also the first unit I ever sent to DeWick's repairs. He owned a MAC1500 himself and he told me it was one of his favorite McIntosh units.
  23. 62caddy

RIP Terry DeWick

24. 62caddy

Desirable Mid-Range Receivers/Integrated Amps 70-82?

Rather than "midrange" for which there is no objective definition, better criteria might be a specified original MSRP range and/or rated output power, ie 40-70 wpc.
  25. 62caddy

RIP Terry DeWick

A very sad farewell to a wonderful Audiokarma member and gentleman who will be sorely missed. Thank you Terry for your many years of unbounded support and dedication. RIP.
Back
Top Bottom