Search results

1. scenicdive

Will You Still Need Me, Will You Still Feed Me...?

Happy ironic 64th Sir Paul! And happy 4th AK! (Interesting coincidence.)
  2. scenicdive

Opinions on Kg2's

KG-3s & 4s vs Cornwalls I began collecting Klipsch with a pair of KG-4s then got a deal on a pair of KG-3s. I was surprised how close the KG-3s came to the KG-4s. When I A/Bed them there was a difference but not much. The KG-3s actually have a slight edge in bass specs although the KG-4s...
  3. scenicdive

Why do women hate Cornwalls?

Update I'm on my second round of deodorization. I used 'Gunk Cutter' first and then 'Murphy's Oil Soap' on the painted surfaces. I used 'Smoke Eliminator' on the unfinished, interior surfaces. And I used liberal amounts of 'Febreeze' on the interior sound insulation. At first it smelled...
  4. scenicdive

Thanks, folks, for all the suggestions. I do plan on asking her to marry me. I went to my best friend's wedding today and it didn't look too painful. I have nothing against improving their appearance. But shouldn't black minimize their size? I'd be nervous about my first veneer job...
  5. scenicdive

Not an option. Girlfriend of 9 years - best thing that ever happened to me. Her response in an abberation, which is why I suspect there is something provoking about my big, black, stinky speakers. Doucanoe, you're probably on the right track but I think it's a specific piece of jewelry she...
  6. scenicdive

I have been bringing home the odd piece of vintage hi-fi for the past 8 months with very little comment from my girlfriend. She even made some positive comments about the look of my main set-up in our finished basement "Chautauqua Room". She has seemed happy that my new hobby was making me...
  7. scenicdive

Most Obscure Equipment Ever Owned

Ashly PQX-572 parametric equalizer. Not technically Hi-Fi but left over from my home studio days and currently in the signal chain with a Kenwood KR-9400 and Klipsch KG-4's. I use it to take some of the "bite" out of the Klipsch's horns. When I bought it I had several phone conversations...
  8. scenicdive

Kenwood KR-9400

Me Too Hey, I just got my KR-9400 back from my tech yesterday, too! I paid a bit more for mine but it only had a few burnt out bulbs to replace. I got mine to replace a KR-8050 which was diagnosed with a probable bad IC in the tuner. (I'm considering using the 8050 as a guinea pig to see if I...
  9. scenicdive

The MINIDISC And Other Obsolete Recording Formats!

His name is Lyndon Lyndon is more of a follower. But he does have a unique view.
  10. scenicdive

The MINIDISC And Other Obsolete Recording Formats!

Minidisc Recorder Raplaced My Camera I used to take pictures obsessively before digital photography came along. Then I was listening to old cassette tapes I made in my basement during some high school parties and I realized how much better a sound recording is for capturing the emotion and the...
  11. scenicdive

Any Kenwood KR-6400 Owners Here?

Kr-7400 I've recently acquired a KR-7400 which I've been using frequently. I especially like the FM tuner. It has 2 dual-gate MOSFETs in the RF stage but no narrow setting. 63 watts - perfect for a townhouse. See attachment.
  12. scenicdive

Cornwalls in Northern Virginia

I wish I had some spare cash floating around to add these to my collection of Klipsch: <http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/ele/136851410.html> I've never heard Cornwalls but I understand they're pretty good.
  13. scenicdive

Lengthy Preface And A Few Basic Questions

KR-7400 Seems O.K. Retrieved my receiver yesterday and immediately hooked it up. It has been functioning flawlessly since then for quite a number of hours. This has been my first chance to listen for extended periods to both the 7400 and the Klipsch KG-3s (thanks to the foot of snow that fell...
  14. scenicdive

Klipsch KG4 quality

I haven't had mine that long but I've been enjoying them. The downside: now I can hear my system's shortcomings. The cartridge in my turntable seems to be my weakest link. CDs and Mini-Discs sound very good through them. I also just acquired a pair of KG-3s which, despite their smaller size...
  15. scenicdive

KR-7400 Update I heard back from the shop today. I knew it...they couldn't find anything wrong. I mentioned jpdylon's suggestion about the low-filter switch and they agreed to reclean all the switches. I said I take it back and give it another listen. I supposed it could be an intermittent...
  16. scenicdive

Hello folks, I’m fairly new to the world of “vintage” audio. Being 42, I have vague memories from the 70’s of some of my friends having much nicer stereos than I could afford. I have a distinct memory of my hearing Boston on my cousin Tim’s beautiful Marantz system and being duly envious...
Back
Top Bottom