Search results

1. cube-tube

Odyssey Amp thread

Klaus never goes too deep into 4 ohm ratings, or power ratings in general actually. He talks more about current capability. From my past experiences with Odyssey amps including the Khartago (I had the full-out Kismet version), I would say that amp will power those Thiel's with no problems at all.
  2. cube-tube

2024 Florida Audio Expo Feb 16th-18th Tampa FL

This past weekend makes it my 4th year going to this event. Every year, it gets bigger and better. This year was no different. The really cool thing about this year's show is that I got to meet and talk to OCD Mikey! He met my three brothers as well. We chatted for a few minutes, then went on...
  3. cube-tube

Bullet Proof JVC CD Players circa 1989/90

Yes, I know... An old thread... I've had my XL-Z411 for over a year now and it works flawlessly. Even the little motorized volume knob works. It's analog output sounds great, but it's coax out into my Auralic Altair G1 sounds a bit better, but not super-duper drastic better. If I had nothing...
  4. cube-tube

My simple updated system

Having to work with a budget is all I know. But in doing so, it makes you think creatively about how to go about something and work and improve within your means. To me, that is a lot more beneficial than simply having tons of money and just throwing it at something with minimal research and...
  5. cube-tube

My simple updated system

Watching your progress reminds me of mine many moons ago. It's a fun journey that makes you also learn a lot along the way.
  6. cube-tube

Picture from your listening spot right now!

Whatever...
  7. cube-tube

I didn't say that. Read it again. And what you're "trying" to do will be achieved by removing the pile of gear between the speakers.
  8. cube-tube

Been there, done that. Not to mention that holds true for just about every speaker on the planet. Having nothing between the speakers or at a minimum, having the gear between the speakers but BELOW seated ear level will drastically clean up the center imaging as well as the sound stage in general.
  9. cube-tube

Those 1.7i's could sound so much better if you could get all of the equipment out from the middle of them, but it looks like you can't.
  10. cube-tube

Odyssey Amp thread

A great find! Depending on your budget, you may want to look into the Odyssey Tempest preamp again, but new. You can get it with a remote as an option. Nice thing about it is that it is NOT designed "after" the Symphonic Line board, but it actually uses the genuine Symphonic Line board. And...
  11. cube-tube

Artsy photos of your gear

Yeah, unfortunately out of ranger here in Florida to see it. However, nice and sunny and only 84*F out.
  12. cube-tube

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Can't sleep. Been up since 3am with a nasty headache (almost a migraine), so made a cup of STRONG coffee and put on some soothing jazz...
Back
Top Bottom