Search results

1. DublinTrader

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

It's been a while since I've found something audio related worth posting here. Today, with bobsvinyl on the mend, I found this in GW retail. I was skeptical at first but decided it was was it was purported to be. Sticker price was $100 but I paid $80 with my geezer discount. Comps have selling...
  2. DublinTrader

My experience is different I find as many titles I’m not interested in for myself are as empty as well. I have use for some of those CDs as well as many are quite marketable on eBay because they were not popular. So unless you’re checking titles you don’t want, you’d never know if they’re empty...
  3. DublinTrader

While that may happen some of the time. I have gone to estate sales and found empty CD cases but later found a binder with the CDs in plastic sleeves then matched them up and bought them. On occasion I’ll find CDs in binders with the artwork in the same pocket as the CD. I’m guessing many empty...
  4. DublinTrader

Bose 301 series II $4 at GW Outlet with bobsvinyl. Cosmetically VG+ but I fixed the plastic spacers between the woofers and tweeters but have yet to put them through their paces but can part out if necessary.
  5. DublinTrader

Yowza nice find. I am not collecting any more speakers but I would have grabbed those in a heartbeat.
  6. DublinTrader

That’s why I love the bins, you never know what you’ll find. It makes buying stuff anywhere else difficult because it’s so cheap at the bins.
  7. DublinTrader

GoodWill to Men- I Got an Early Christmas Present!!

Nice Bob, you could have shared the wealth when we went on Friday but no, you had to save it all for yourself on Saturday.:dunno: Congrats, I hope we do half as well when we go this week.
  8. DublinTrader

IKEA Eneby Bluetooth Speaker

I am a traditionalist and want stereo sound but I seriously considered popping for one. I don't stream unless I'm in my car but it was tempting.
  9. DublinTrader

IKEA Eneby Bluetooth Speaker

My wife and I recently went to an IKEA and as usual bought a bunch of stuff for the house. As meandered through I saw a display of Eneby Bluetooth speakers. There was a display model available to test so I took out my phone and paired with the speaker and played Pandora through it. I was...
  10. DublinTrader

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Rarely do we have an estate sale here in NH this late in the year but there was one this week. I had not seen one of these before so I grabbed it for $10. Denon Cassettematic 12 cassette changer. I haven't had time to check it out as we got 8" of snow today.
  11. DublinTrader

If I lived where it got to -72 F I'd be pleased as all hell to find a coat like that.
  12. DublinTrader

Ours is variation of this. There is no white line. When carts are being replaced customers line up along both sides of where the new carts will be. No touching of the new carts is allowed until all carts are in place. The carts are uncovered so you can see what is visible and people will jockey...
  13. DublinTrader

More like a steam cleaning. :rflmao:.
  14. DublinTrader

More like get out the camera, eBay here we come.
  15. DublinTrader

One Word Song Title Transference

Young Girl- Gary Puckett and the Union Gap
  16. DublinTrader

I dunno seems pretty plane to me.
  17. DublinTrader

How many of you have actually been making super lucky finds @ thrift shops lately?

If your talking strictly audio mostly LPs, CDs and cassettes but I make a nice supplemental income flipping stuff I find in thrift stores. I did find a pair of ADS 710s ($10) and I've seen an Eico tube amp and a nice Lenco TT pulled out of our local GW outlet by a fellow AK member.
  18. DublinTrader

What's with "Place Bid or Best offer"?

There were four different bidders.
  19. DublinTrader

What's with "Place Bid or Best offer"?

I use best offer but it's different from a fixed price listing to an auction listing. For a fixed price listing I will accept a lower offer depending on how long the listing has been up but for an auction listing I've already started low so I'm looking for a price over the opener as an incentive...
  20. DublinTrader

I'm the quiet one.:)
  21. DublinTrader

HEY, I resemble that remark.
  22. DublinTrader

At buy the pound after I have perused all the carts and before they swap them I research and sort out what to keep. I usually do multiple sessions within the two hours Bob and I are usually there and I don't wait until the end. This is crucial especially for CDs and LPs where condition is...
  23. DublinTrader

The strategy there is put everything you might have interest in in your cart then go to a different area and do the research then put back what you don't want. This is essential buy the pound strategy where competition is high and casually screening each item will get you very little.
  24. DublinTrader

Along those lines, I once bought a pair of Rectilinear Highboys for $1. I offered to pay much more but the seller declined and said he was just happy that someone who appreciated them would have them. As I packed them up he then said "I have a tube amp would you be interested in that?" . I said...
  25. DublinTrader

I ended up with 85 CDs and put at least that many back due to desirability and or condition. Also grabbed a Marantz IA-2232 amplifier and a 70's Panasonic table radio for the sum of $9 for everything.
Back
Top Bottom