Search results

1. DublinTrader

IKEA Eneby Bluetooth Speaker

My wife and I recently went to an IKEA and as usual bought a bunch of stuff for the house. As meandered through I saw a display of Eneby Bluetooth speakers. There was a display model available to test so I took out my phone and paired with the speaker and played Pandora through it. I was...
  2. DublinTrader

Speaker Identification

Any thoughts what these might be?
  3. DublinTrader

E. T. DBX Series Cassettes

bobsvinyl and I went to Buy the Pound GW this week and we often pick ups things the other may want. He handed me a Dire Straits Sultans of Swing cassette and I took it and put it in my basket without looking closely at it. When I got it home, I noticed its not a stock prerecorded cassette but...
  4. DublinTrader

Technics SL-M1

I discovered the above and the seller wants $375. The only completed sale on eBay is $400 with shipping. Any advice? Rarity? Desirability? I don't need it but kinda like the look.
  5. DublinTrader

Elac Miracord 50H II-Used or never used?

Last week I came across this turntable at Savers. It was still in the packing material but did not include a dustcover or base. Some of the hardware is still in plastic bags. Both spindles are present in the paper envelope they were shipped in. The cartridge sled is still in the plastic...
  6. DublinTrader

Axl Rose joins AC/DC

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/17/entertainment/axl-rose-joins-acdc-for-world-tour/index.html
  7. DublinTrader

Binge watching music documentaries this weekend.

Last night- The Wrecking Crew The Other One- Documentary about Grateful Dead's Bob Weir Tonight- Amy- Amy Winehouse Documentary History of the Eagles Parts 1 & 2- In memory of Glen Frey Rented Amy on Apple TV everything else from NetFlix. Enjoyed them all and my wife watched all but the Bob...
  8. DublinTrader

Fisher X-101-B Amplifier-Looking for restoration referral.

I just picked this up last week and I'm looking to get it restored. It appears that all the tubes are original to the unit as all of them have the Fisher markings on them. It is fairly clean with just a bit of corrosion on the chassis surface and light corrosion on the face plate. I have not...
  9. DublinTrader

Turntable Pioneer

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/business/norman-c-pickering-refined-the-record-player-dies-at-99.html?&moduleDetail=section-news-1&action=click&contentCollection=Music&region=Footer&module=MoreInSection&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&pgtype=article
  10. DublinTrader

Yard Sale find-Omega Seamster-Need Advice

I found an Omega Automatic Seamster Deville at a yard sale. It's running but has a cracked crystal and a cheap fabric band. My question is whether I should invest the money to replace the crystal and replace the watchband. I'm not sure I will keep it and if I don't, will I be able to recoup my...
  11. DublinTrader

Anyone used Bondic?

Bondic is an adhesive which does set up until exposed to UV light. What attracted me to it was a demonstration how it could be used to repair frayed, but working computer charging cords. Anyone used it and, if so, for what application?
  12. DublinTrader

Electro-Voice Kit?

I found these speakers in a local thrift store. I assume they are a kit. LS-12 Wolverine driver/woofer, TW-35 Wolverine horn tweeter, and Wolverine CR-35 crossover. Is my assumption correct?
  13. DublinTrader

Grundig Majestic 8095 in Western MA $75

If it were closer to me I'd be interested. http://westernmass.craigslist.org/fuo/4713463000.html
  14. DublinTrader

JBL D-123 ohm readings

I just salvaged a pair of these from some old cabinets. I checked them with a multimeter using the lowest setting and they registered just over 6 ohms. They are labeled 16 ohm speakers so I don't understand why they are reading so low. Anyone have any possible explanation?
  15. DublinTrader

Are these estate sale prices out of whack or am I?

I went to an estate sale just over the border in VT and saw the following: Sansui AU-6600 integrated amp asking price $280 ($296.80 with tax) Thorens TD-145 mk II $275 ($291.50) dustcover snapped off at hinges Pioneer PL-518 $200 ($212.00 with tax) Bose 901 series II $220 ($233.20 with...
  16. DublinTrader

It pays to recycle.

I went to our town recycling center and went to the still good shed to drop off some items my wife wanted left there. As I walked in I noticed two crates full of records on the floor. The spines were up I saw one title, Led Zeppelin II. I immediately grabbed one crate and wisked it out to my...
  17. DublinTrader

AR3a restorer

I recently acquired three AR3a Speakers and I am trying to decide whether to have them restored (a pair) or not. What I need to understand is the cost of having them restored by someone near me. I am still considering undertaking it myself (with help) but I'm not sure these speakers are the ones...
  18. DublinTrader

An Embarrassment of speaker riches.

I am trying To sort through a conundrum of speaker options, I currently have three operating systems. My speakers are Rectilinear HighBoys in system 1 with Dynaco A35s, JBL L88 plus 12s in system 2, and ADS L520s in system 3. The problems is I acquired a pair of Bozak Centuries which I would...
  19. DublinTrader

JBL identification

Anyone have an idea what model these are? http://nh.craigslist.org/ele/4518707145.html[IMG]
  20. DublinTrader

Shure Cartridge ID

I picked up this cart recently and want to purchase a new stylus but I'm not sure of the model. My guess is M95ED but would like confirmation. I looks like there is a 7S impressed into the front above the stylus hole.
  21. DublinTrader

Bozak B302 Century Speakers

I just acquired a pair of these and the riser on one of them is missing one section. I am considering removing The risers and replacing them with 4" tall metal legs. Would this be a mistake? I fell it would raise the speaker off the floor another 2" or so which could be good and i think it is...
  22. DublinTrader

Beovox auction western MA

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=2039949&kwd=stereo&utm_source=azemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alerts No affiliation.
  23. DublinTrader

Is a 3 amp rated variac sufficient for audio use?

I got $150 in Amazon gift cards as a perk from my credit card and want to use it for audio use. I've decided to invest in a variac and there is one rated at 3 amps for $54 and a five amp for $105. Are either sufficient for audio use?
  24. DublinTrader

How do you check out your solid state gear acquisitions?

I open the case and blow it out. Then I clean and lube the switches and pots. Clean the exterior. What else should I be doing short of a recap if it is functional? I know there is probably a thread on this but I haven't found it.
  25. DublinTrader

Three for $75

I saw these three items on CL. I sent a message with my cell phone number and got a call. It turns out, I've bought stuff from him before. For a total of $75 I bought a Marantz 2215B, Nikko TRM-800 and Superscope R-330 with the magenta display. All of them have issues that would be symptomatic...
Back
Top Bottom