Search results

1. noogies

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

I could explain to you why you're wrong but this has gone on long enough and you're right in that it was a diversion I never should have pursued in the first place. You win.
  2. noogies

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

Sorry, preventative mitigation is not a thing. What can I say -- I battle mediocrity wherever I find it. Sometimes it's a lonely quest. :biggrin:
  3. noogies

My complaint was more about improper use of the words, Rick. Application of any law cannot "mitigate" a poor outcome that has already occurred.
  4. noogies

Random Thoughts or Whatever

I learned something new today. But now I've forgotten it.
  5. noogies

You don't get it. I was merely "siting" an example of poor communication skills. Well within the scope of this thread. And what possible difference would it make WHY I ask a valid question? For the sake of discussion, how about that? Apparently not common knowledge since many here don't know...
  6. noogies

Twisted Definitions

 Parkade: refreshment served only at playground concession stands.
  7. noogies

It's about cars on the freeway and potentially risky behavior.
  8. noogies

Yes, but a law can't "mitigate" a poor outcome that has already taken place. Sheesh.
  9. noogies

So it's a good thing you provided no facts to back up your opinion?;)
  10. noogies

I'm kind of interested to hear about how a law could mitigate a bad outcome in the circumstance under discussion.
  11. noogies

Here's an AK favorite: On a four-lane (two each way) freeway you're in the left hand lane doing the speed limit and slowly passing a sparse line of traffic in the right lane. Somebody suddenly appears in your rear-view mirror and he's really riding your bumper. It's obvious he really wants to...
  12. noogies

Okay. That's not what I thought you meant but now I got it. Well, I don't think either one of us will convince the other, so what say we just agree to disagree and hope we don't meet on the freeway?
  13. noogies

So it's probably a good idea to have a little high speed maneuverability on your side in order to safely avoid those people. Eastern thing. Right turns on red are perfectly legal in many states and provinces.
  14. noogies

Demo Song: One Shot to Demo Your System!

Two excellent choices. Haven't heard Buble's version of "Fever". I'll have to check it out.
  15. noogies

Exactly what is it that you feel is so inherently dangerous about passing quickly?
  16. noogies

The things I hate thread.........

You haven't seen me lately.:eek:
  17. noogies

The things I hate thread.........

I'll thank you not to make fun of my clothes.
  18. noogies

Movie-Actor-Movie-Actor-

William Hurt.
  19. noogies

Probably exactly right, although it'll never happen. Humans as a species are not real good at taking their medicine. You can build it, but nobody will come.
  20. noogies

The Banning game

john once again has overlooked the role forearm-sized burrito may have played and is therefore held liable to a fully-anointed olfactory ban
  21. noogies

Point is, I never have been pulled over after completing a pass and I often (if not usually) exceed the speed limit to do it. :) No fun to be had. :(
  22. noogies

I wouldn't of paid it. :biggrin: Seriously, I guess cops around here maintain a more level-headed approach. I have never been the recipient of such an "award" and I always pass as quickly as is safe.
  23. noogies

Under most circumstances, passing should be executed as quickly as possible in order to minimize time spent in the passing lane. Passing a vehicle that's traveling at 55 MPH at 62 MPH takes a l-o-o-ong time.
  24. noogies

What was the last movie you watched?

I think I liked this even better on a second viewing nearly five years later. Just good professionally-crafted entertainment.
Back
Top Bottom