Search results

1. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 fault

Sadly after excellent service of my KT-7300 which I am very fond of, suddenly whilst I was watch it, the stereo light became intermittent then ceased glowing. It gets great reception now in mono only. When I turn it off then on again, the stereo light shines for a few seconds. If I leave it...
  2. Omegaspeedy

Down loaded Alignment scales.....Baerward etc..

So how many turntables out there are set-up using down loaded alignment calculators that have inadvertently been printed with an incorrect scale? I know many of the down loaded products ask you to measure the null points to confirm the scale but I'd bet there are many poor dudes out there...
  3. Omegaspeedy

Kenwood KT-7300 a sweet machine!!

Hi guys, I bought a Kenwood KT-7300 in nice condition on a local auction site the other day for around US$100 (this is cheap here in New Zealand as these high end tuners are rear) to fill in the gap my Naim NAT05 left and having completed the basic mods from the Tuner info Centre (new wires...
  4. Omegaspeedy

Inside shots of your tuner

Don't you just love good engineering? Lets see the inside of your tuner. Heres a few shots of my new Naim NAT05. I just love the massive power supply. It looks like it should have been made for an amplifier:thmbsp: Components seem good too. Lets see your tuners insides both Vintage and new...
  5. Omegaspeedy

Aerial guru's what do you think?....

Hi guys, there are some serious FM listeners here and I'd like to join you. The only problem I have is my new NAT05 tuner is so honest and not as sensitive as some tuners that I think my DIY internal single bipole aerial is letting the team down with a slight graininess or coarseness. The sound...
  6. Omegaspeedy

Thoughts on the Bel Canto FM1?

Like the top of the range Accuphase T-1100, the Bel Canto uses some digital filtering ADC-filter-DAC? (Purists look away!!). Reports say it sounds wonderful and very impressive. The circuitry also allows this Tuner never to need realignments over time. It all sounds very impressive especially if...
  7. Omegaspeedy

Sansui TU-888

Hi guys, I'v bid on a Sansui TU-888 in poor condition with the intension of restoring it. From the description no lights are working on the front panel and the signal strength meter is dead. The ply outer has some splitting on the bottom corners and two rear feet are missing. It does work...
  8. Omegaspeedy

NAD C-426 modification

I sold my Denon TU1500 tuner which I really enjoyed so I could upgrade to better sounding tuner. I was a bit deflated to find the NAD C-426 (latest model) veiled and dull in comparison. I should have listened to it first before passing over the money. I put it on a local auction site for way...
  9. Omegaspeedy

Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna

I'm about to order one of these so I can get good FM which at the moment is a little scratchy on my new NAD C126 tuner. My previous Denon pulled easily (but still with a bit of static) but was a little thin so I sold it to get this for a change. No sure if I've done the right thing as I can hear...
  10. Omegaspeedy

Technics ST-G90

Hi guys, I'm still looking around for a higher quality tuner than my trusty Tu-1500 and saw one of these for sale here in NZ. Has anyone heard one who could comment on how good/bad it sounds? Cheers James.
  11. Omegaspeedy

Sony ST-5130 Stereo Tuner

Hello guys, I have a chance to purchase one of these and have been slightly put off by comments that they are "Overly warm", "Rounded off" and "Too polite". I am unable to listen before purchase. Is this so with this tuner? It is in fabulous condition and should be able to get it for US$200...
  12. Omegaspeedy

Heathkit AJ-1214 advice needed?

Hi guys, I picked up a Heathkit AJ-1214 for $12 off a local auction site not knowing much about them. It's a very simple looking thing but has a problem. I can not get stereo. Even on the strongest stations that my other tuner has no problems with, it just won't pull stereo. I cleaned the...
Back
Top Bottom