Search results

1. S

Itunes file got scrambled, what to do next?

I have downloaded a bunch of songs from Itunes, and I also ripped all my CD's (maybe 150 discs?) in WAV format on my PC in Windows 10. I have backup files for all of this. I innocently tried to edit the data for an album in Itunes, and one thing led to another over the course of several hours...
  2. S

Loud pops / static bursts - AU7900

I picked up a AU7900 / TU7900 a few months ago, and this combo have sounded terrific until this morning. In my opinion, the sound rivaled my 9090db (which needs a little work at the moment). The controls on this unit have all been perfectly silent for the time I have had it. This morning...
  3. S

Yamaha - Receiver RX-750 as power amp for rear RX-A880 surrounds?

I am new to home theater, so I am not sure I really want to do this. I was considering powering the rear surrounds through an external amp. I just got a Yamaha RX-A880 surround receiver. The A880 manual says "When connecting an external power amplifier (pre-main amplifier) to enhance speaker...
  4. S

Experimenting...External amp with 9090db, External preamp with 9090db

I have referred to the 9090db user manual, and tried searching on this topic but I remain confused, and I don't want to make a catastrophic mistake making connections. With the lack of information I am finding, I must be overthinking this one. Wouldn't be the first time! First I want to try...
  5. S

Similarities / Differences between Sansui's

I have a 9090db, AU-7900 with TU-7900, and 2000A. Plus a Hafler DH220/110. The 9090db was recapped a few years ago by another AK'er, who I believe is very knowledgeable and capable. However, I have recently been having a problem with one of the channels dropping. I hope to be getting that...
  6. S

9090db Channel dropping mystery solved?

Maybe partially solved. I have had far too much work done on this bad boy to give up easily now. Fully recapped, some transistors replaced, controls cleaned multiple times.... I think the problem that still persists has always been there, but I think it was always blamed on something else (or...
  7. S

Parasound HCA-1205A - sound dropping out

I am currently using this 5-channel amp in a 2-channel system (with a Yamaha WXC-50) and I must say that it sounds great - when there is sound! This amp has pots on the back to control channel output. I am quite sure these are not the issue, as I can control the volume for a given channel with...
  8. S

Yamaha WXC-50 question

I have been researching the WXC-50 and I am on the verge of finally pulling the trigger. I currently have an extremely non-ideal set-up which feeds signals from a desktop computer headphone jack to my Hafler DH110 preamp, which is connected to a DH220 amp. I would like to confirm that my...
  9. S

Rookie speaker refoam question - JBL Control 1G

I am going to attempt my first speaker refoam on a pair of JBL Control 1G speakers. I located a refoam kit (I just need to verify some dimensions) on ebay being sold by looneytunes - who I have seen referenced in some other threads as a good source. My question is that the refoam instructions...
  10. S

9090db Dolby Switch problem?

A few years back I started a thread about my Sansui 9090db. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/lightning-damage-to-9090db.437704/page-2 I had it fixed and recapped by an AK member back then. I tried to call him a few times over the past few days, but he has not responded so I...
  11. S

Cleaning old speakers

I just picked up a pair of old Polk Monitor 12 speakers. They are pretty dusty - even the cones and surrounds. The cones have a slightly sticky feel to them, which probably helps attract dust. Is there a safe way to clean them off besides vacuuming with a brush attachment? ALSO - I am...
  12. S

Lightning Damage to 9090DB

I have already kicked myself enough over this - it is entirely my own fault for not having a surge protector in place. I had my 9090DB running on Saturday night when a terrible rainstorm came through town. A bolt of lightning flashed outside, and I heard a loud POP through the speakers - and...
Back
Top Bottom