Search results

1. jasterdcx

Pics of your listening space

Just a marantz 2216b and a jvc l-a31. Those old s receivers are heavy. notice the bow in the wood ha. standard and 91 plus. My listening room is also my playing room :)
  2. jasterdcx

The Idiot's Guide to Using DeOxit (revisited)

What is a good site to get Deoxit?
  3. jasterdcx

Do I need to replace the cartridge?

Everything seemed to slide in nicely and it sounds a lot better than before, thanks for all the help guys. I'll try and get some pics up soon.
  4. jasterdcx

Stylus assembly, its just the bottom part.
  5. jasterdcx

Cartridge just came in the mail. It kind of looks like the one thats on the record player now except that its different colors, i think it is an off brand, which doesn't matter to me. So how do i hook this bad boy up?
  6. jasterdcx

Local antique pioneer and kenwood speakers

Hello all, i was at a local antique shop recently and i found some speakers that i liked, I'm in need of a decent pair and these seem to fit the bill. The two he has a pair for are Pioneer cs g300w at 80watt 8 ohm Kennwod jl 882 He wants $50 for a pair. Is this a god deal, i'm finding...
  7. jasterdcx

Yes there was a black weigh in between the cartridge, i thought that was suppose to be there, i'll try taking that out..
  8. jasterdcx

Yeah the cart is a ls400. If i have a collapsed cantilever does that mean that a new cartridge will fix this? I thought the cantilever was the arm? If buying a new cart is all that is needed i have no problem buying a new one.
  9. jasterdcx

Thanks for all the info, i'm going to try all of the suggestions after class today. The TT is a JVC L-A31. The Cartridge is a Audiotechnica, i'm not sure the model as it doesn't have it written on it or i dont know where to look. I'm also going to go to the record store and buy a cheap record...
  10. jasterdcx

My turntable has a strange sound when i play records, its almost like a distortion or similar to someone tapping an old phone. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but a friend of mine said it should sound pretty much clean minus a few crackles. Do i need to replace the cartridge, the guy i...
  11. jasterdcx

Thank you AK for all the help

There it is, i need to get something to put those in and i've been checking out new speakers for the setup. Sounds great, i just need to get it off the floor.
  12. jasterdcx

Hey man, just wanted to say thanks for all the help again. Couldn't of gotten all this stuff...

Hey man, just wanted to say thanks for all the help again. Couldn't of gotten all this stuff running without your help.
  13. jasterdcx

Thank you AK for all the help

I just want to thank everyone on audiokarma for all the help getting this receiver working you guys have been very helpful. I finally have it plugged in and cranking tunes. I'll have pic of everything up soon. What a great feeling turning on that receiver and having it actually work. I was...
  14. jasterdcx

Different size fuses, same specs

Awesome. Yeah they are being soldered in by the pigtails. I figured they'd be ok because they have the same specifications but lack in size... 2x :/
  15. jasterdcx

Different size fuses, same specs

I just ordered 250V 3.5A fuses with pigtails online and they are REALLY small compared to the ones i am replacing. Is it ok to use these? I figure they do the same job they are just smaller? Thanks
  16. jasterdcx

Hey adam, i bought those fuses on mouser and they aren't the same as the ones on the receiver...

Hey adam, i bought those fuses on mouser and they aren't the same as the ones on the receiver. They are really small but they are still 250v 3A, the size is just different.. Are they still ok to use?
  17. jasterdcx

Choosing the right speakers?

Hey all, this is kinda a nubish question, but how do you pick out speakers for your receiver? I'm using a marantz 2216b. I found some pretty decent pioneer speakers at a local antique shop. I don't to get speakers that my receiver can't power or will blow out. Thanks
  18. jasterdcx

Jvc l-a31

Ok, i pulled the vinyl cover off the turn table and there are two little metal pieces floating around underneath. I think i know where one goes but i want to make sure with a service manual. I can't seem to find one on google, is there a database with them that someone might know of? thanks I...
  19. jasterdcx

Jvc l-a31

Just got the tt today. Looks great, functions well i assume, can't try it out right now due to a lack of a stereo and speakers.
  20. jasterdcx

holay smokes

Yeah defiantly a novice. I really dont know to many people who know what they are doing with electronics, i've been looking around town too. Anyways i'll keep searching for fuses with the pigtails already on them
  21. jasterdcx

Blown fuses on power supply

Yeah its the second one with the pigtails is the fuse i was looking for. I'll give them a call today thanks for the website.
  22. jasterdcx

holay smokes

Is 25 watts the right soldering iron for the job? I ended up getting 4A fuses, i talked to some people that told me that was the right amount. I also go the 60/40 solder.
  23. jasterdcx

Blown fuses on power supply

Is a 25 watt soldering iron right for what i'm trying to do?
  24. jasterdcx

holay smokes

I was more concerned about the receiver than myself :)
Back
Top Bottom