Search results

1. jasterdcx

Local antique pioneer and kenwood speakers

Hello all, i was at a local antique shop recently and i found some speakers that i liked, I'm in need of a decent pair and these seem to fit the bill. The two he has a pair for are Pioneer cs g300w at 80watt 8 ohm Kennwod jl 882 He wants $50 for a pair. Is this a god deal, i'm finding...
  2. jasterdcx

Do I need to replace the cartridge?

My turntable has a strange sound when i play records, its almost like a distortion or similar to someone tapping an old phone. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but a friend of mine said it should sound pretty much clean minus a few crackles. Do i need to replace the cartridge, the guy i...
  3. jasterdcx

Thank you AK for all the help

I just want to thank everyone on audiokarma for all the help getting this receiver working you guys have been very helpful. I finally have it plugged in and cranking tunes. I'll have pic of everything up soon. What a great feeling turning on that receiver and having it actually work. I was...
  4. jasterdcx

Different size fuses, same specs

I just ordered 250V 3.5A fuses with pigtails online and they are REALLY small compared to the ones i am replacing. Is it ok to use these? I figure they do the same job they are just smaller? Thanks
  5. jasterdcx

Choosing the right speakers?

Hey all, this is kinda a nubish question, but how do you pick out speakers for your receiver? I'm using a marantz 2216b. I found some pretty decent pioneer speakers at a local antique shop. I don't to get speakers that my receiver can't power or will blow out. Thanks
  6. jasterdcx

Blown fuses on power supply

Hello all, i posted a thread about this on the general audio discussion but i figure i'll get more concise information on the marantz forum. I was relamping a marantz 2216b and i only had one fuse lamp in and turned on the unit to test and see if the lamps were working and the larger fuse...
  7. jasterdcx

holay smokes

So i was relamping my receiver today, my first time i might add. When they were all in i decided to plug it in and test it out. When I did this, to my amazement everything lit up nicely. I'm not really sure what happened after this because i put my hand in to move a piece of the lamp housing...
  8. jasterdcx

Jvc l-a31

Just bought a JVC L-A31 for $44.95... good or bad for the price paid? It has a somewhat new stylus and belt and functions well. I just grabbed it without thinking :nono:
  9. jasterdcx

Marantz fuse lamp specifications

I've been trying to repair the lights in the marantz 2216b receiver, i took of the plate and took out all the fuse lamps, just as i had suspected they were all burned out. I took a look at the specs on the fuse lamps and went to radioshack to see if i could get some replacements, i checked 3...
  10. jasterdcx

greetings

Hello all, very cool site, new to site and high quality audio systems. Decided to join because i know i'm going to need a lot of help with this vintage marantz project i have taken up.
  11. jasterdcx

Cleaning up a 2216b Marantz

Hello all, first post on the site. Really cool, i've been lurking around on it for a while but i decided to register once i bought this marantz receiver. I recently picked up a marantz 2216b reciever for $50 on craigslist. The receiver works fine, however its cosmetic condition is another...
Back
Top Bottom