Search results

1. malvo

I gave Analog Engineering Associates my Sansui 1000a

I'm sorry AEA are being flaky with you. They did great work on a Scott integrated for me, but this was the better part of a decade ago. The unit had a failure within about a week of me getting it back from AEA's initial service and they not only fixed it free and promptly, they covered all the...
  2. malvo

Bicycle Restorations, Builds and ...

A le Tour--I had one of those too, back when the world was a lot younger. Really fun bike. I'm glad I haven't run across a nice example like this one--would be hard to resist, for sake of nostalgia if nothing else
  3. Photo Jun 10, 2 28 31 PM

Photo Jun 10, 2 28 31 PM

4. malvo

Kallax reinforcement?

I backed my 5x5 with 1/2" plywood. With a little planning and a chalk line it's easy to get a few screws into each of the shelves and dividers for a very stable bit of record storage. I thought that pushing the records back to the plywood had them sit too far in, and so I also added some furring...
  5. malvo

Show Me Your Sansui!

The 2000x might very well be the best looking of those early cap coupled Sansui receivers. Such a sharp design. Nice photos too!
  6. malvo

enjoyable article from a Sansui fan

Here's one hot off the (internet) presses. An article about mild-form Sansui collecting and fandom. Nice pics, fun read, a shoutout to AK included. No affiliation with me, just to be clear. https://www.ecoustics.com/articles/iconic-sansui-amplifiers/
  7. malvo

He must consider this equipment very reliable...

The receiver is a sweet piece of later 70's Luxman. Something like this R-1120
  8. malvo

He must consider this equipment very reliable...

Well, they say you want to use a lot of mass to dampen vibrations, ya know? This guy's got mass. :dunno:
  9. malvo

blotchy spray paint: can I fix this?

Ok, so I took a chance and sprayed this pegboard one more time. Let it dry for a day and it does look better---aaaaaand still noticeably uneven and blotchy in spots. I couldn't muster the energy for another coat. My wife put the kitchen stuff on the board this morning and, as predicted here...
  10. malvo

My dad, when doing random projects around the house, used to say "ah, a guy riding by on horseback won't know the difference." Different phrase, same point. My home improvement projects are an homage to that guy riding by on horseback. Thank you all for the suggestions. I think I'm going to go...
  11. malvo

Possibly off topic as non audio--sorry! So I put up a few sheets of pegboard in the kitchen today because organization. They're MDF from Lowe's, the kind that comes pre-finished white on one side. The advice on the internet was that in a kitchen they still need paint to be as waterproof as...
  12. malvo

Schiit Fans ?

Ragnarok (vers. 1) doing excellent duty in my living room. As I split my time pretty equally between speakers and headphones it's right on target for me.
  13. malvo

Parasound A21+ good bad ugly?

I am late to this really interesting thread. Two quick points: 1) I am jealous of your new amp. 2) Customer service: Sometime back I was having a problem with a Parasound amp *that I bought used on ebay*. I sent an email to the company asking about it and had a really helpful response from...
  14. malvo

Ok, vintage receiver brethren... you can only keep one. Which and why?

The last one I have and the only one I'm going to keep is the Sony Str-6060. Its minimalist look isn't to everyone's taste. Sounds excellent. This is not my pic, but does the smart industrial design of this receiver justice I think.
  15. malvo

Craigslist scammer on the road again

Yes, a nice "for a good time call Dave" ad might just be what this guy deserves. Alas, we all know who CL will come after for harassment for that one!
  16. malvo

For your flagging pleasure: https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/alexandria-sansui-9090db/7108319227.html
  17. malvo

Art Dudley RIP

That is very sad news--what a giant of the audio press. A real loss!
  18. malvo

It's scummy to scam people on craigslist, obviously. But there's something extra scummy about this guy. He clearly is a vintage audio fan who then turns around, rubs his greasy hands together, and thinks in his little lizard brain, "Now I'm going to go scam other people who like also old stereo...
  19. malvo

I saw that and I love it! Glad you're putting those idle hours to good use !
  20. malvo

More of the same https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/alexandria-sansui-9090db/7105560929.html https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/alexandria-sansui-9090db/7104971529.html
  21. malvo

Eek, that last bit seems perhaps a bit stern a fine for his admittedly crappy behavior. Maybe he could just, you know, stop scamming people.
  22. malvo

Any 2245 scam warnings are not mine! Glad to see this lowlife has multiple harassers! -Sam
  23. malvo

Good sleuthing. You'd think perpetuating this scam through paypal would be hard to pull off, but I suppose when these transactions go through under friends and family it gives paypal all the excuse they need to look the other way
  24. malvo

It might be helpful if several readers of this thread used the CL contact form to report the scam. Maybe they won't do anything. Maybe they will. Here's a link to the form, for the DC CL at least. You'll need the post ID of one his active listings when you fill it out. The Marantz listing he...
Back
Top Bottom