Search results

1. gt40425hp

My Living Room

cat hell i want to touch lol way cool
  2. gt40425hp

Carver 900 vs. Adcom GFA-5300

i would have to seay but i have never owed eather and have only herd a fiew diffrent carver amplifier in a not the greatest of situations ( junk speakers or way too small of room or basement ) and thay sounded great by the way just buy looking at the build design i would pick adcom . better...
  3. gt40425hp

Polk Audio monitor 40's

Ok i have to admit i baught a pair for the living room surround sound to match the old monitor 4's and cs1 center with a hk avr310 not a big system but it keeps the old lady happy she can listen to what she calls music But ill get to the story So thay showed up today got a good deal on...
  4. gt40425hp

My Next Speaker Project, A "MINI Variety" Thoughts?

this seems right on the money your stiil going to need to l pad on the order of 6 db on the tweeter and i would put tweeter in the middle to keep the baffel step uniform but im only scratching the serfice of figureing out baffel step i get it but its hard for me to visualize
  5. gt40425hp

Xicon Cap - Which End +

ditto and in future if you have an axial lead cap and your unshure the case of the cap is always ground so the end with the rubber is positive . im trying to remember radial leads though there is a way to tell with them also if i remember ill chime back in
  6. gt40425hp

Speaker analisis

i have ears .... brain function now thats a long stretch for me
  7. gt40425hp

Speaker analisis

This all cool input i did download that Jeff Bagby software the other day im trying to get use to the program ive just been useing small data for inputs i like that woofer tester i need to do some more reserch on it . as far as impedance mesurement when i messed with this stuff in the past i...
  8. gt40425hp

Speaker analisis

Well i purchaced that dayton audio microphone ... and to keep the setup portable i found a neet gadget that makes the phantom power and an a-d converter and uses usb power and converts it to 48 volts for the phantom check it out...
  9. gt40425hp

Speaker analisis

lol now thats funny
  10. gt40425hp

Speaker analisis

no opinions ?
  11. gt40425hp

Only one pair of speakers at a time.

there you go but make shure the bra has the biggest inpact and must be addressed within 5 minuts of entering room lol
  12. gt40425hp

Old House with 2-Prong Outlets?

no fair that hurts . years ago when i was a mechanic trainee i was trying to find a missfire by pulling spark plug wires off wile running with a suposed type of plier for doing sutch a thing ..... well guess what them pliers dont help i got my junk fryed with 50k plus shock from an ignition...
  13. gt40425hp

Best sounding speakers..

magnapan 2.5 modded x overs with a carver 1.5t with a forth order DIY band pass 15" subwoofer and another 1.5t alot of power but wow i was supprised that the maggys and the subwoofer flowed so nicely together .. he told me that he used a tone sweep cd from 20-1k hz to set up the gains so thay...
  14. gt40425hp

marantz 140 amplifier

Cool thanks airtime i checked digikey and thay have both of them from on semiconductor witch is huge ive had verry good sucsess with there replacements thay always seem to be on par with the originals im going to do some reserch to see if i can get some nos motorolas but at least i can find them...
  15. gt40425hp

Speaker analisis

Hello fellow AK members im in the prosess of building some speakers and i got to thinking . What do people use for speaker analisis far as software microphones soundcards or some type of DAC ? Ive been looking at true RTA ive been looking at there free version just to figure out how the...
  16. gt40425hp

marantz 140 amplifier

Good morning fellow AK members im having some issues ive had a nice marantz 140 for years its been in storage for at least 10 years ont the one thing that has always annoyed me is the fact i have miss matched transistors in the output stage 3 of them are original i down loaded the service manual...
  17. gt40425hp

anybody retrofitted a class d amp in a vintage receiver?

nice thats kida funny i dont care for class d unless its used under 200 hz but that would be a fun project go for it like others have sead post lots of pics
  18. gt40425hp

Onkyo A-RV400 problem, noob needs help!

too cool patince and a soldering iron works everytime
  19. gt40425hp

Incredibly stupid question about speakers with 4 terminals

B&W speakers generaly have a a great sound and are a great speaker . i want a couple sets but there way expencive with good reason the cabnets are built like tanks ones i delt with were the 802's were made with 1 inch mdf double braced and nice quality drivers crossovers were so so i thaught...
  20. gt40425hp

metro detroit

wow theres starting to be a michigan trend howdy neighbor
  21. gt40425hp

2220B: thumping, thundering noise in phono section

if you have able acess to the interconnest section of the preamp section check to see if the disk caps are still connected to the chassis from the senter pin seen that a ton over the years even repaced them a fiew times but sometimes the solder joint brakes from repeated replacements of the...
  22. gt40425hp

Sansui AU-999 blowing main fuse

good deal the sansui gods are smileing . old school sansuis always had a nice warm sound i always thaught it was the germanium transistors used in the preamp section
  23. gt40425hp

Some songs to test your speakers..

i went a little nuts this time but i spend alot of time in the car . i got all jl audio stuff 3 sets of 6.5 inch c5 components 3 10w3 subs and a jl 500/1 and a 300-4 audio control eqs-linedriver 3 farad worth of high quality caps and 2 kenetic 800cca glass mat batterys and a second alternator...
  24. gt40425hp

i always thaught it was a great layed out recording but the compression part is something i noticed when i put together my car sterio at first i kept thinking that i was overdriving the input side of my audio control eqs but the metering on the eq wasent showing it i had to pull out my scope to...
  25. gt40425hp

i dont know why but i can always pick out problems inacuacys and all with one song . Breakeing the girl by red hot chilli pepers the song has hard fast parts slow and detaild parts whitch seems to me it it runs speakers through diffrent dynamics . but to test out diffrent subwoofer placements...
Back
Top Bottom