Search results

1. Dmitry

MEN220 RoomPerfect measurements for a 2.1 or 2.2 system.

That's all I've got at the moment. Looking into better subwoofers. There is such a wealth of them on the market now.
  2. Dmitry

Thank you for your notes (no pun intended!). This model has a combined bass/midrange panel, and I was hoping that setting the crossover at 200 Hz would transfer all of the bass to the subwoofer and allow for the panel to reproduce midrange better. Is this faulty thinking? The subwoofer I'm...
  3. Dmitry

I just introduced a subwoofer into my 2-channel system (Magnepan 3.6/R) and applied the MEN220 electronic crossover filter at 200 Hz (the Magnepan-stated crossover frequency). I want to re-measure the room with the RoomPerfect. At what SPL level should I set the gain on the subwoofer before...
  4. Dmitry

News and Partnerships for 2022!

Hi, do you have the S1SW in you studio to audition?
  5. Dmitry

Hum from speakers when amp is plugged into a particular outlet.

Just moved my amplifier to a different spot and after plugging it into a different outlet and reconnecting the speakers noticed hum from both speakers. After diagnosing for about 20 minutes I figured out it was the outlet; got an extension cord and plugged the amp into the outlet it was plugged...
  6. Dmitry

Is there a list or catalog somewhere of Blue Note open reel releases?

How is the sound of these reel to reel tapes as compared to Blue Note LPs and CDs?
  7. Dmitry

Bogen Model RP 60

In case you have experience with it, how difficult is it to remove the faceplate off the RP-60?
  8. Dmitry

B&O tech?

Do you have his contact information? Thank you!
  9. Dmitry

When did wireless remote controls stop being a "luxury"?

I distinctly remember buying a new stereo Technics receiver ca.1990-1991 (it may have been either from Nobody beats the Wiz or P.C. Richard and Son), which did not have the remote capability. Remote version was available for extra money. When did the first remote control-capable hi-fi units...
  10. Dmitry

Central Arizona

Thank you for recommending Record High. Very organized, clean records, friendly owner. Checks all the boxes.
  11. Dmitry

Do you turn off your turntable, or leave it on?

It's a brilliant idea. I haven't thought of that... My set-up is very similar! I'll be doing this from now on.
  12. Dmitry

Honestly...didn't see the need. There are no moving parts when it's not spinning; it's not drawing much current, unlike an amplifier. I also don't turn off my cd player...just forget to. I know...the horror.
  13. Dmitry

Excellent, well-substantiated response! Thank you, I will power it down from now on.
  14. Dmitry

You aren't reading what I wrote, for you specifically. If you read again, you will realize that SL-1200 is a line of Technics turntables, not the name of the manufacturer. Regarding the numbers sold, I'm relying on Wikipedia. Find an alternate source disproving the Wiki, and report back...
  15. Dmitry

With millions of units sold worldwide, SL-1200 has to be the most popular line of turntables in history of the medium. As ubiquitous, as you will, considering the rest of the playing field...no pun intended. Which other turntable matches these numbers...
  16. Dmitry

I don't think it's THAT rare! The near-ubiquitous Technics SL-1200 has both the POWER and the START/STOP switches.
  17. Dmitry

I'm so sorry.
  18. Dmitry

Indeed, what?! The only thing it does on my direct drive Pioneer PL-90 is keep the little "power" light on, and allows the current to run through the board. There is a separate START/STOP button. I've been keeping it powered ON for years now.
  19. Dmitry

Let me clear this up: I'm not asking about leaving the platter spinning, or motor rumbling. My question is on leaving the turntable with an ON/OFF switch in the ON position after playing records. I though that was clear, but apparently not to everyone.
  20. Dmitry

I just leave mine on, and have done so for years; don't see the reason to switch it off after playing records. Is that wrong?
  21. Dmitry

No more McIntosh LED kits

It appears that my MC352 has decided to go incognito. Finally all the incandescent lamps (save for the ones behind the VU meters, which are still showing tepid signs of life), have reached their EOL. I checked the service manual, and it appears I'll need to replace twelve 7373 incandescent...
  22. Dmitry

Where to get this type of packaging foam sheets?

This looks easy and just done right.
  23. Dmitry

Prime me on the brown paper-backed packing tape.

What's the practical advantage of the paper-backed tape over clear scotch? Strength? I know the USPS will accept only paper taped-items for registered mail, for the reason that they can stamp the paper tape on parcels, and not the plastic one.
  24. Dmitry

Does the water-activated tape take instantly, like Scotch?
  25. Dmitry

I’ve never used any kind of paper packing tape, only clear scotch-type, but I slmost always see that the professionals don’t use that stuff, only the fiber-reinforced paper type. Which particular paper tape is recommended?
Back
Top Bottom