Search results

1. I

sansui au-717 work in northern va?

I've been a very happy AU-717 owner for the past 13 years (thank you, AK forums, for that excellent recommendation). I've recently started to detect an audible hum through my speakers whenever the amp is powered on, even with the volume pot all the way down. Changing sources doesn't change...
  2. I

FYI: free vintage reel to reel deck listed in DC area craigslist

This is not my ad, and I don't know anything about the item described herein, but I saw it and thought somebody here might have an interest. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/289521388.html vintage 4 track reel to reel tape recorder...
  3. I

advice wanted: refoam, replace drivers, or ditch old diy speakers

Years ago (I guess 15 or so?) I went through a brief stage where I built some speakers. One pair has remained with me as the main speakers in my office, where they've kept me pleasantly surprised to this day (they don't have to work too hard, because they sit on my desktop less than 3 feet from...
  4. I

marantz cd67se / cd52 mkII SE ?

Is $80 a fair price for the CD67SE in excellent condition? Or how about $50 for the CD52 mkII SE? Both are on sale locally (different sellers). The CD52 is a UK model designed to run on 220V so, presumably, I'd need a power converter to run it here (I'm in the US). Any thoughts on whether...
  5. I

power transformer with cd player?

I have a chance to pick up a decent Marantz CD player locally for $50, the catch is that it's a UK model that (apparently) isn't switchable to US voltage. Do I need to worry about trying to run this off of a step-up transformer? Any suggestions of makes/models of converters to look for or...
Back
Top Bottom