Search results

1. vinylator

Rank turntable components in order of importance

Dollar for dollar: Platter bearing Motor and associated power supply Connection from platter bearing to arm mount Arm Cartridge Phono stage
  2. vinylator

NOKTable turntable stand from Thomas O'Keefe

I’ve only spoke to Thomas over the phone. He seems like a real nice guy. I’ve utilized the optimized LP12 component torque values he’s published on the Lejonklou forum with great success. He’s arrived at them by using the Tune Method (also published on the Lejonklou forum) to get to an ideal...
  3. vinylator

Illinois?

And I might add that I’m interested in meeting up with locals as the weather approaches Fall.
  4. vinylator

Illinois?

I am fairly new to Rockford and am looking to share record and CD collecting and HiFI Stereo experiences with other locals.
  5. vinylator

Artsy photos of your gear

Me and my Linn Sondek.
  6. vinylator

Any interest in a Chicago area club?

I grew up in Naperville and moved to Rockford about 16 months ago.
  7. vinylator

We should. And I wonder if meeting up at Axpona would be a good intro for forming one.
  8. vinylator

Exposure 3010s2d Integrated on demo...

I've been running the same legacy Exposure electronics in my system since the late 1980's so I have a feeling that you won't be rotating through amplification anytime soon. Exposure gear simply does what any hifi component should do; bring me closer to the artist.
  9. vinylator

I'm in Naperville and would be interested as well. Keith
  10. vinylator

Jeremy, Are you familiar with Meetup.com? One option would be to start a meetup group. Keith
  11. vinylator

Andrew, Nice to meet you at the Naperville estate sale today. Please text me if you would...

Andrew, Nice to meet you at the Naperville estate sale today. Please text me if you would like to meet up and discuss music, vinyl and hifi. Keith 630-207-4346
  12. vinylator

Pics of your listening space

Thank you! The LP12 rests upon 3 levels: Archidee, Audiotech and Sound Organisation for the base. The two tier is Sound Org and the five tier is Target. I'd encourage anyone who's interested in experimenting with supports to site their record player on a light, rigid surface such as...
  13. vinylator

Pics of your listening space

My humble flat earth system Really have enjoyed all of the posts on this thread.
  14. vinylator

What's British in your system?

The Flat Earth Linn Sondek LP12 Circus/Lingo I/Ekos I/Arkiv A/Linn Silver, Exposure VI/VII/Dual IV amplification, Linn Kaber/Kustone, Linn Black & Exposure interconnects, Archidee/Audiotech/Sound Organisation/Target supports.
  15. vinylator

Did Linn get it right?

To develop the original question a bit further, did Linn and perhaps other flat earth companies get the evaluation criteria with which to compare (and I assume design) components right? For example, take the “tune-dem” method; i.e., comparing component A against component B while judging the...
  16. vinylator

Paul Gryzbek from TAD just passed away

This is shocking news. I’ll always remember the many hours I spent at the Bizzy Bee store flipping through albums and talking with Paul. During our visits he would often enthusiastically show me the next product concept or explain a business marketing plan. I enjoyed listening to the stories...
  17. vinylator

Good sounding New vinyl?

Norah Jones, Come Away With Me, on Blue Note is a very musically (and sonically) involving $15 LP. You can really get a sense of the timing and counterpoints way more easily than the CD. I know that record was way overplayed when it came out but now it seems fresh again. Watch out for the...
  18. vinylator

Chicago-Area AKers! Save Feb. 25th.

Hi Robie, Please add me to the invite list. Looking forward to it. Thanks, Keith
  19. vinylator

Ar xb

The cartridge looks like a Linn Basik to me. They were sourced from AT and based on the AT95E. A really tuneful budget cartridge, by the way.
  20. vinylator

Help me shed some pounds!

Coupla things that worked for me: There’s data out there to support that people work out with up to 30% greater intensity when in a group fitness environment. Also more data out there to support metabolic circuit training using body weight based exercises which employ multiple muscle groups at...
  21. vinylator

Sondek Lp12 SET-UP a brief overview

I've referenced it many times. Wouldn't it be great if he put out a DVD or a youtube on this?
  22. vinylator

Any fans of Art Dudley's Listener?

Same here.
  23. vinylator

Naim Nait 3 Maintenance

Thanks for posting, istariknight. I've a Nait 1, S/N 1942, that I'm planning to perform maintenance on this year. It's been used in a second system off and on for years. Would you recommend a replacement of the P/S caps only or a full replacement of all of the electrolytics. The unit...
  24. vinylator

Greetings from Chicagoland- New to the Forum!

Welcome from Naperville.
  25. vinylator

I got one!

What a cool system! Once you’re settled in with the LP12, try moving it to a small light, rigid table, e.g., Ikea Lack or equivalent. The Linn is way more tuneful and involving when used on a light surface.
Back
Top Bottom