Search results

1. 1

It's as if I upgraded every component

@Weirdcuba: Try 3 HRS Coupler/Feet under your C2500. They are amazing under my C2300 and anything else other than VPI Classic, which likes AmCan feet. Everything in my 2 systems use isolation/damping/vibration reduction of some sort. If anyone has not tried it, do not knock it until you do, a...
  2. 1

Realistic Woofer Surrounds - Sealed or Not Sealed

Vintage-AR I just redoped Fisher XP-10 woofers. One coat on the 15" woofers required one bottle. It is very thin, wicking to the rear of cloth surround nicely. Bass is more detailed, but crossover still needs complete rebuild.
  3. 1

Doping XP-10's

Vintage-ar I will be using VINTAGE-AR Cloth Surround Sealant.As per suggestion, I will not do dust covers. Good advise, as it appears they never were done. Thanx.
  4. 1

Doping XP-10's

The cloth surrounds obviously need this, very transparent. The dust cover is also cloth, and transparent also. Should these be doped also? This is part of rebuild consisting of new L Pads, all caps and Clairvoyant Super Helix Gold wiring. Cabinets will be reinforced and lined with Roxul...
  5. 1

Amp into wall socket or power conditioner??

Sound Application XE-12 My Hypex NCore NC400 mono blocks love this power conditioner, better than PS Audio PPP, and way better than power from the wall. Music has more dynamics, cleaner, more detailed, better overall. Picture is sharper with better colour. Guests frequently comment on it, so...
  6. 1

Modwright Oppo BDP-105

Sweet BDP-105 Congratulations. That is a dream for my BDP-105. Dan goes all the way with this one, just love all the tube rolling for power supply! Are you running a preamp? RCA or XLR?
  7. 1

C2200 & mc2205

Remote MM/MC settings! For vinyl consider C2300 with remote control setting MC load and MM pf. Not a "Tubey" sounding pre, very detailed and musical. This is my last pre, no thought of upgrade since new a couple years ago.
  8. 1

Best engine note ever!

Sounds like a small block with his shorts too tight! Now compare Big Block Chevy, or any long stroke engine, at 6500 RPM. Now that's music!
  9. 1

Bass traps question

Roxul Safe'n'Sound Other than cost, this stuff has so many advantages. No nasty, itchy fibers, best sound qualities most of all! They supply serrated knife/saw to cut it with. This is made from rock, very hard on knives! Build to sit on top of radiator with a leg on front to balance.
  10. 1

Bass traps question

Roxul Safe'n'Sound I just finished 2 corner bass traps using 1 bag 24" per corner. You will only waste your money doing 12". Spend a little extra, the effort is more than worthwhile. I bought a 3rd bag for sound absorbers. Best money I EVER spent on 2 channel!
  11. 1

Connector upgrade

Walker audio - extreme sst super silver treatment This stuff is expensive, but enough to last a lifetime. Your connections will be BETTER than new, YMMV. (Apply after a thorough cleaning)
  12. 1

Adding a Sub to a 2 Channel System

Wow! SWEET receiver. I suggest using Speaker/High Level for your sub. Do not run speakers from sub, but from amp. Your sub will inherit the "Sound" of your receiver, making a better match. Let us know how it all sounds when dialed in.
  13. 1

SL-1200 & Woofer Pumping - Which mod??

Subsonic Filter I used a Kab RF-1 Rumble Filter with great success. No sound degradation with Sansui SR636/AT150MLX combo. I replaced this with VPI Classic and did not need subsonic filter, so agree your table needs better isolation, but there is always more than one way to combat a problem...
  14. 1

Has anyone used Oppo BP-105 with McIntosh setup?

I run Oppo BDP-105 into McIntosh C2300 into Hypex NC400 mono blocks into Harbeth P3ESR/Rel R305 speaker system. It is a great sounding unit with a lot of variables for Hard Drives to SACD to DSD. Very happy, and it comes in silver too!
  15. 1

The Sansui SR-929 is...

A BIG plus 1 on isolation. My Sansui SR636 keeps up with my VPI Classic, as John says, just different. I try all sorts, everything wants something different from Herbies to HRS or Amcan with a little Symposium. Throw away those stock feet and try. On a personal note, my heart took a skip when I...
  16. 1

DAC for McIntosh sound

If you can stretch your budget a little, this will tick all your boxes! http://resonessencelabs.com/concero/
  17. 1

C100, c220 or c42?

If you are using Oppo 105, run direct with XLR's into amp. I have C2300 with Oppo 105, much better without McIntosh C2300. One less component in signal. Still love C2300 with MC for vinyl, it's a keeper!
  18. 1

Feet for turntables

The best you can get locally is Todd Kubon's footers from GTA. Tkubon is user name@Canuck Audio Mart. I use them under Sansui SR636 and VPI Classic as well as assorted gear, sub, speakers....great isolators.
  19. 1

C2300, C2200 or C220

I've had the C2300 for a year and love it even more today! As vinyl is one of your sources, this phono stage is awesome, adjusting load or PF from the remote! I did bypass the C2300 with Oppo BDP-105 for digital, one less thing in the chain.
  20. 1

Entertainment Center Project

Best to keep turn table on top. A moving tray will add vibrations to turntable. Unless you have Class A amps, fans should not be necessary if unit kept out from wall. To me, fans are very distracting, bordering on annoying! Very nice work, hope you enjoyed the work with your dad, something to...
  21. 1

Oppo BDP-105

The best part of the 105 is running 2 channell XLR directly into amp. AMAZING! My McIntosh C2300 is used for vinyl only now as it degrades the direct XLR sound.
  22. 1

Cleaning Inside Record Sleeves/Paper Sleeves?

The friction of poly on paper causes static, but poly on poly does not. In the great white north in winter, poly lined it is!
  23. 1

UPDATE - McIntosh in the House !! MC275s, C2300, and NOW THE MT10 TURNTABLE!!

I think it all depends when the table/pre is added. The C2300 really woke up my VPI Classic, my last setup!
  24. 1

Breaking in a Brand New C2300

You have to keep a signal going, just turn it down. Tubes are cheap, I leave my C2300 on 24/7 as I found it takes an hour to sound consistent and 48 hours for 100% after being off for a couple of days. YMMV, just my 0.02!
  25. 1

The very strangest issue

AT150mlx worked perfect on Sansui SR636. Installed on VPI Classic did the half pipe effect! Lived with it, but curiosity got the best of me. Used a little antiskate, against VPI's opinion of no antiskate on this arm, and BINGO, all is good. Recently bought DV20x2l and same thing happened. Add a...
Back
Top Bottom