Search results

1. mikeyax

Quick question about lead weight and mdf

i have my Cambridge Audio 840C sitting up on mapleshade triplepoint heavyfeet on my Pangea Audio Vulcan rack which is 3/4” MDF. There isn’t quite enough space to fit a maple block under it in its current configuration. I’m wondering if I mass load the mdf shelf a bit, will that accomplish the...
  2. mikeyax

VPI Scout with mapleshade footers...is the platform going to give me anymore resolution?

Have a VPI Scout that I just moved onto micropoint heavyfeet. It sits now on a 1 1/2" (two 3/4" pieces") thick birch wall shelf. Question is, will I get any more resolution, wider soundstage, more dynamics, if I buy the maple platform with the isoblocks? Thanks!
  3. mikeyax

If you had the choice...

right now I'm running a Sansui AU 517 combo. I've recently (in March) recapped the tone board and redone the channel boards thanks to @Hyperion 's expertise and guidance. I love my Sansui, but I'm wondering if I were to sell the combo and put the money I have now toward something newer, say in...
  4. mikeyax

TTWeights Soundpoints vs. VPI HR-X Mini feet

does anyone have any experience with the TTWeights soundpoints? And how would they compare to the VPI HR-X mini feet (which I have now)? Thanks!!
  5. mikeyax

Kimber Kable 8TC vs. Canare

So, I know cables are a touchy subject. However, I'm looking to sell my Kimber 8TC and go back to my Canare 4S8 or move up to the 4S11. I did a brief audition and switch this morning and really can't tell much difference, and if I do, I'm thinking it's just psychological. Can anyone confirm or...
  6. mikeyax

Using iPhone or iPad as source through ca 840c

can anyone help me figure this one out? I want to use my iPad or iPhone as a digital source and run it through my CA 840c dac. What do I need to do this?? Thanks guys!
  7. mikeyax

Vpi JMW 9T tonearm spacer and bracket for junction box

Found one
  8. mikeyax

Does the VPI Aries acrylic platter with the Scout?

Hey guys, Does anyone know if the Aries acrylic platter will fit the Scout? It's 11.5" which is what the Scout platter is. Just wondering if the bearing fits too? Thanks!
  9. mikeyax

HW 19 MKIII platter movement

Hey guys, Can anyone shed some light? I'm wondering if the spindle on the mk III platter is two pieces? If so is there a way to re tighten it? It was running a bit wobbly when It arrived and I gently pressed on the high side, and it feels like I can rock it a bit now. The bearing is tight.
  10. mikeyax

Falcon PSU?

anyone know where I can grab one? Not for $500. Lol
  11. mikeyax

She's here!

My "new to me" Scout SE has arrived! She's a beaut! Still waiting for my Kimber Tak CU tonearm cable to hear her :) Made the shelf today before she arrived.
  12. mikeyax

Upgrade a side step, or actual upgrade?

Ok guys, So here's the question. I have a very heavily modified Music Hall 2.2 that I got back in 2010. Upgrades are: -Acrylic platter -Speed box II -Sheets of lead under plinth (for any resonance issues and to add heft) -Upgraded counterweight -Tonearm dampening with a Herbies halo titanium...
  13. mikeyax

Just changed caps AU517 problem

hi guys, I just changed two of the caps on the power side and the 4 bigger caps on the signal boards. Left channel is sitting steady with D.C. Offset and bias Right channel bias is steady but D.C. Is floating back and forth. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike
  14. mikeyax

Upgraded Record Doctor V

Hey guys, I ordered my record dr about a month ago. Recently, I noticed that after cleaning only around 30 records since new, the acrylic Perspex plate on the top was lifting from the cabinet on one side as if it were warped. I called Needle Doctor and they said that they would exchange it, but...
  15. mikeyax

Conversion therapy :)

Hey guys! Just wanted to post up my most recent upgrade: Cardas CCBP binding posts on my AU517
  16. mikeyax

Phonomena II power supply question

hey guys and gals, I just picked up a Musical Surroundings Phonomena II in Audiogon, but it's still not here. I'm looking to find a linear regulated psu to go with it, but I can't seem to find any info regarding the power requirements other than, it's 24vdc 200ma into the box. Can anyone...
  17. mikeyax

Help!!

sansui au 517 Not going into protection, no blown fuses, D.C. Offset and bias are set correctly. Left channel is normal Right side is very very faint. Help! Thanks!
  18. mikeyax

CA 840c repair or Marantz SA8005?

Repair the Cambridge Audio? Or buy a Marantz SA8005 SACD player? Thanks guys!
  19. mikeyax

Pop in AU517 tone defeat switch

i have a pop/thump in the speakers from my tone defeat switch on my sansui au 517. This is the only one that makes this noise. I did use deoxit earlier this week in that switch. D.C. Offset and Bias have been set to proper levels. Help! Thanks! Mike
  20. mikeyax

Shhhh noises

hey guys, New phenomenon: just changed up almost my entire kit. And I'm just noticing that after I power up the power cond, if I turn my CD player on first (CA 840C), then my amp, if I turn the volume up with nothing playing, I can hear a shhhhh in the speakers. However, if I turn on the amp...
  21. mikeyax

Anyone read this yet?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/neil-young-trademarks-new-audio-format-20120403
  22. mikeyax

Question about Grado and Sennheiser

Have a Little Dot 1+ for my Grados. Sounds great. Got some Sennheiser HD580. but have 300 ohm imp. Guy wants to trade an Audio GD Compass for my little dot, because I want something that will drive both sets of cans and sound good. Question is, am I better off keeping the little dot...
  23. mikeyax

Senn HD580

165 shipped. Did I get a good deal? Excellent cond.
  24. mikeyax

Rega Tonearm Stub

Any one know the diameter? Thanks!
  25. mikeyax

I'm a Subscriber!

Hey guys, Over the past year or so, I have gleaned a large amount of info and time killing on Audiokarma. I thought it best to finally subscribe :) Thanks for having me. Mike
Back
Top Bottom