Search results

1. Dimz

Barter Town Access

lol .. missed the (paid) thing ... thanks :)
  2. Dimz

Barter Town Access

I cant find Barter Town forum either ... :(
  3. Dimz

A77 mkIV prob

as soon as I find the time I am going to do the same, change also those 0.47 caps and maybe the transistors at the input amp .... later a total recap will follow ...
  4. Dimz

A77 mkIV prob

I use the aux input .... :thmbsp: apart form the capacitors issue what else could cause this behaviour ? got to study the service manual and follow the incoming signal .....
  5. Dimz

A77 mkIV prob

plan to change all those suspicious caps ... overload ? signal came from a buffalo dac (I think 1.6V) ... thanks
  6. Dimz

A77 mkIV prob

got it yesterday, except a trident lock thats missing, it seems to be in a good condition ... plays fine but when recording the monitor sound from source is heavily distorded and records as such .... what could be the reason fot that ?
  7. Dimz

my 1st r2r ..

I have a problem with the second gx230d (the one which seemed in a much better condition)... records and plays fine (better than the other) but in reverse play I only get a buzz kind of very distorted sound .... could be the reverse-play head is dead or is the relay ? *as for the...
  8. Dimz

Hi Jan could you spare some time ? situation : akai gx230d, working just fine, at the auto...

Hi Jan could you spare some time ? situation : akai gx230d, working just fine, at the auto reverse one channel is off, a lower volume distorted buzzsound .. heads are cleaned and demagnitized ... i am waiting for some transistor to replace those 2sc458, what else to check / replace ? any...
  9. Dimz

Replacing 2sc458's in Akai GX-266D

you have a source for genuine 2sc2240bl ? can you share a link please ? since they are obsolete, many suggest the use of KSC1845FTA as eguivalent .....
  10. Dimz

my 1st r2r ..

the speakers ... here with altec 902/8A compression drivers behind the horns and the fostex T90 super tweeter ...
  11. Dimz

my 1st r2r ..

some close ups of the line stage ... testing B+ using Salas SSHV2 ... singing ...
  12. Dimz

my 1st r2r ..

It's a diy line stage with 6V6 .... other diy pieces are a pass F5, a pass ZenV4, a buffalo dack, a dcb1 buffer, a couple of gainclones, a sse tubelab with KT90 and of course the speakers (here at an early stage) .. also some tt (lenco 69/75/78 etc) and a couple of cassete decks (though...
  13. Dimz

Any Reel guys interested in a tape swap?

oops ... didnt intend to become an intruder .............. sorry ....
  14. Dimz

my 1st r2r ..

in fact, I received a set of two gx230d's .... this one supposed to be the most abused one ..... so it had to be the first one to try ....... sound is georgeous ......
  15. Dimz

my 1st r2r ..

yeap, a friend of mine told me that its a virus ... a virus with many "faces" ... Virus analogicus vynilii, lampatus, horneus, magnetophonicus ..... :beerchug:
  16. Dimz

Any Reel guys interested in a tape swap?

well, I am a newbie in r2r ... just got my first one ..... but if anyone has some spare time , I will gladly pay for s+h costs and some new tapes (rgmi lp35?), to record some 1/4''@4track@7.5 ips tapes for me .... thanks !!
  17. Dimz

my 1st r2r ..

just received it ... its an akai gx230D ...... after some tlc (clean heads/tape path, demagnitize, check power supply etc) I put it on and tested it with a pre recorder tape at 7.5 ips ..... well ......... :banana: yeahhhh baby ..... :thmbsp: excellent sound !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Dimz

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

almost there from a different view .... b&c de200 with a 600hz tractrix instead of a waveguide .... and deltalite ii 2510 ..., zilch's xo pcb, and a great help from pcd ... got to play a little more with drivers geometry - take some measurements and fine tune the values of the various parts of...
  19. Dimz

Pass B1 BOM

you can try a couple of diyaudio members ( I got mine from them).. Blues (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/members/blues.html) Spencer (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/members/spencer.html) thread (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/131284-toshiba-2sk170bl-sales.html) but you can buy...
  20. Dimz

finally ordered a pair of B&C DE200 which are much cheaper here in Greece (77 € each), ordered also a pair of 18sound xt1086 .. I also remembered that I have a pair of BMS 4524 1'' in a small wooden tractrix horn .... will try them also ... *how can I buy those crossover pcb's ??
  21. Dimz

found them http://www.toutlehautparleur.com/hf-1/bc-de250-16ohms-p-3937.html http://www.audiophonics.fr/compression-de250-pour-pavillon-supravox-p-765.html will search a bit more for a better price ...
  22. Dimz

hmmmm .. cant seem to find de250 here in Greece, I definitely remember it in quite a few shops .... but not anymore ..... is it out of production ? I wonder if I can use the de200 instead? other options ? or maybe a europe internet shop ? (allready checked at thomman's)
  23. Dimz

my system

and one with the Audiospectrum speakers ...
  24. Dimz

my system

speakers - 2 way - mltl 68lt & deltalite ii 2510 / 600hz tractrix & altec 9028A, Audiospectrum Artemis V2 amps - pass zenV4, tubelab sse, lm1875, tda7294, ta2020,onkyo705 preamps - pga2311, B1, DCB1 buffalo ii dac... etc.. next to come - pass f5 and zilch's delite ....
  25. Dimz

Sir.Byrd's DCB1 build thread

as Salas said "They are the active low noise voltage reference. If not matched, small assymetry in +/- Vout." furthermore The LEDs in the DCB1 are in three groups. A singleton, a triplet and a quintuplet. The single is a power confirmation after the 12V regulator. The triplet is to set...
Back
Top Bottom