Search results

1. wlhd1610

Happy Birthday catrafter!!!

Happy Birthday Tom!!! @catrafter Have a great day!
  2. wlhd1610

Pioneer Rack Handles JA-R101 and JA-R102 Value

What would be a fair value just for these rack handles? They came out of a Pioneer rack system. Not including the cassette decks. Condition looks pretty nice. Thanks! Bob
  3. wlhd1610

Today's haul

4. wlhd1610

Infinity Emit and Emim value

What's the going rate for these in working condition? (eBay isn't any help) Thanks, Bob
  5. wlhd1610

1967 1/2 Fender Twin Reverb question

I've had this Fender for years and have done some research on it from time to time. It's a survivor! I know it's one of the very first silver face models with the silver drip edge , blackface internals and the rare "black straight line " markings on the left side of the volume controls which...
  6. wlhd1610

Old School Drug Store Tube Tester

What's this worth for nostalgia/display purposes in a man cave ,etc? Not much info out there on Antique Radio forum or eBay. In nice condition,all lights work ,scroll chart moves smoothly. I realize that they're not known for high accuracy tube testing but it looks really cool! Bob
  7. wlhd1610

Converting 8mm film to DVD or digital

I came across a half dozen 8mm films I made almost 50 years ago in high school that I'd totally forgotten about. I'd like to convert them for viewing. I see you can buy your own setup by Wolverine on Amazon but it's almost $300. I'm a little leary of sending them out to one of those outfits...
  8. wlhd1610

West coast delivers!!!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to @kaplang for sending me a very nice Marantz part. Thanks again! Bob
  9. wlhd1610

Sticky shed 456 and 207 questions

Hi, My 10" reels have been in a climate controlled room since new but are all 35+ years old. I've read the SSS sticky above. I have a few NOS Ampex 456 which I understand suffer from SSS. Should I just unwind and discard the tape and keep the nice reels? Also I've read mixed opinions/info...
  10. wlhd1610

Single Klipsch Chorus II Value

Hard to figure value on a single one in nice condition. Checked the usual venues. Input would be greatly appreciated! Bob
  11. wlhd1610

Illbehave certainly isn't misbehaving!!

Made a road trip to pick a nice Marantz 2325 from Jeff @Illbehave yesterday. Got to meet another fine Akr and see the countryside to boot! Thanks Jeff! Bob
  12. wlhd1610

Stripping off top cover brown vinyl and painting it black

I knew this would be a PITA so I took it to an auto body paint shop. They knew what to use and it came out great. 1)First a commercial grade paint/vinyl stripper. 2)Then lightly sanded it for better paint adhesion. 3) applied primer to the bare metal 4) 2 coats of black satin 5) cured in...
  13. wlhd1610

Black Faceplate 2385 restoration

I just finished up this really nice 2385 and put it in a new wood case . Before the wood case..... Inside view fully restored including new Marantz labels on the transformer and both main caps (which were carefully cut open and restuffed with two new caps in each one). Original...
  14. wlhd1610

Happy Birthday to catrafter!!!!

@catrafter Happy Birthday Tom!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: Thanks for all those years that you helped to keep America's skies safe for flying!
  15. wlhd1610

Teac 3300SX Practically NOS

Any range of value on this? Ebay completed sales doesn't really have anything similar to this condition. Comes complete with NAB hubs,original Teac 10.5" empty reel in box, accessory kit that looks like it never been touched all in the original inner and outer boxes with inserts. Operation is...
  16. wlhd1610

soundmotor - super smooth transaction!!!

Tom bought a Pioneer SX 1250 bass pot from me . Great communication and seamless payment . Thanks Tom!
  17. wlhd1610

Is this a Jico stylus for a Shure V15 IV?

I bought this several years ago on the bartertown auction forum. I never really closely inspected it till a few weeks ago when I picked up a V15 III and IV cartridge. I thought it was a "Shure" brand but upon closer inspection it doesn't have any markings on it whatsoever and no silver or...
  18. wlhd1610

Marantz 2270 volume pot differences

I thought I would make this it's own thread as this comes up regularly. In the past I have noticed that on some of the earlier Marantz receiver lineup,in particular the 2270, it seems like you have to advance the volume control more to equal the same speaker level (using the same speakers)than...
  19. wlhd1610

What kind of connector is this?

I have a Marantz MTP400 test set I want to get up and running but need the male plug for this receptacle. Does anyone know the proper name for it and where I might find one? Thanks! Bob
  20. wlhd1610

Fisher faceplates

I have some questions about vintage Fisher unit faceplates. Which models are most commonly needed,ie 500C,etc? Were the originals simply screen printed and/or engraved? Bob
  21. wlhd1610

Black Faceplate Marantz 2285B

I have been working on this for awhile now. What do you guys think? Bob
  22. wlhd1610

2SA1145/2SC2705 AU-X901 Transistor Sub?

Hi, I have a very nice X901 in for restoration that the notorious Sansui corrosive glue has compromised quite a few nearby components. I have already pulled the caps and will pull some resistors. I don't like the look of the 2SA1145 and 2SC 2705 legs and would like to replace them but don't...
  23. wlhd1610

Who Makes A Multiple Source/Amp/Speaker Selector Control Box

I have been asked to provide a multiple source/amp/speaker control center/switch box like they used to have in the stereo listening rooms back in the day that lets you choose from various sources,amps/receivers and speakers. Pretty much a modern version of this Switchcraft Model 640 that I...
  24. wlhd1610

2275 with rarely seen melted dial lamp housing

I recently had a 2275 in for a restoration and was surprised to see a severely melted dial lamp housing. Usually these are found in 2325's but not 2275's so I thought I would post a few pics.... Closer inspection revealed that someone(maybe even Marantz) had used 300ma fuse lamps which...
  25. wlhd1610

lurp is a master craftsman!!!

I recently did another Marantz 2275 restoration and the dial lamp housing was badly melted. Aaron makes 3D replacements which are absolutely spot on identical to the originals and fit perfectly! Thanks Aaron!!! Bob
Back
Top Bottom