Search results

1. dewickt

send me an email tdewick@comcast.net have 2 schematics for 60 sorry I do not sell any parts.

send me an email tdewick@comcast.net have 2 schematics for 60 sorry I do not sell any parts.
  2. dewickt

L52 cabinet for Mcintosh 1900?

Correct cabinet is L19WV0
  3. dewickt

MA 230 troubles

Check service bulletin #106
  4. dewickt

MX110z tuner issue

Most common cause for dead FM in the MX110 - V3, 6AB4, OSC, you can also give the tubes in the tuner a pin cleaning with DeOxit D5.
  5. dewickt

Scuttle butt

Tom and I have been working together for almost 40 years, as long as he has items to sell I will check them out and do his repairs. Back in our younger days we used to load up a van and go to ham-fests and buy / sell all types of audio gear, also used to visit dealers and buy used McIntosh...
  6. dewickt

Tuner

Have owned MR71, MR67, MR77, and MR78, and kept the MR80, they all were good sounding but the 80 is the top of the pile !! Problems with the touch switches are usually cured with a good cleaning, Pull the front panel and polish the contact nuts with a scotch bright pad, give the springs a slight...
  7. dewickt

Is it okay to use this C20 filament cap with higher value?

good choice, more voltage and capacitance are good in this application.
  8. dewickt

MC240 MC275 A & B output transformers

Only difference I have found is the lead length, were pre-cut for easy installation on the production line.
  9. dewickt

Where's c_dk? (RIP July 4, 2020)

Will miss talking to him on the phone, the old days and technical.
  10. dewickt

Glass Faced MC2500!

Yes, came without knobs..
  11. dewickt

Glass Faced MC2500!

Had an all glass MR71 in for repair years ago, was a real beauty !!
  12. dewickt

MC240 restoration-what .047uf 600V coupling cap replacements are best?

Handmade Electronics www.hndme.com/collection/pc/home.asp
  13. dewickt

MC240 restoration-what .047uf 600V coupling cap replacements are best?

Have been using Nichicon QX .047 at 630V for at least the last 10 years, no complaints.
  14. dewickt

Dial Cord source

https://www.radiodaze.com/dial-cord/ choose your size !!
  15. dewickt

MR 80 station preset buttons don't always work

Nice to see the MR80 is still alive, took me 20 years to get one, after repairing it got put in my main system. Finally got new glass for the 80, will pull it from the system and complete the rebuild, nice match to the C32, next is to get the MCD7008 working.
  16. dewickt

Terry DeWick has retired...

Sorry to say I have no referrals, after 20 years doing repairs 7 days a week I never kept contact with other shops. The sad part is the ones I did keep in touch with have also retired or slowed down for various reasons, it is a bummer when you hit 75 things get to heavy to lift and the lawn...
  17. dewickt

Which 110Z magic eye tube?

6HU6/EM87, should not effect alignment. McIntosh labeled, made by Amperex.
  18. dewickt

McIntosh MA-230 with 1 quiet channel and mystery resistors?

R65 and R66, filament hum balance resistors, can be located most anywhere in the filament chain, they shunt any DC off the heater circuit and keep it close to 0V DC.
  19. dewickt

C20 power supply, Telefunken tubes?

Yes, the 12AX7 and 12AU7 were Telefunkin when new, and as easy as they are driven most likely still good.
  20. dewickt

C20 power supply, Telefunken tubes?

Yes, uses a 6X4.
  21. dewickt

MX110Z under the hood

Sorry to say, no it is not original.
  22. dewickt

Strange Audio Problem - MA-6300

Check bias (25mv at test points) the 6300 will shut down if it gets too hot, behaves like a bad speaker relay !!
  23. dewickt

McIntosh MC2300 Questions

I buy these from Mouser
  24. dewickt

Terry DeWick has retired...

Thank You all, yes as soon as I clear out the beck log I will start on my own projects. I will still check out what is happening, would be a hard habit to break after 20 years.
  25. dewickt

McIntosh mc2300 becomes unstable at 120 volts

First thing is to replace the electrolytic capacitors on the driver boards, the C1 - C2 330uF (use 470uF) can cause stability and turn on problems !!
Back
Top Bottom