Search results

1. tubino

Webster PPP 2A3 amps - anyone familiar with them?

I think these are from organs. Rectifier is 5Z3, uses 56 and 2A3 tubes. I have a pair of them.
  2. tubino

Value of RCA MI-12188 and RCA MI-12245 70-watt Tube Amps

These theatre amps used 4 807s for 70 watts of output and came in at least two chassis styles. The MI-12188 is a traditional low box with components on top, no cage. The MI-122245 is a rackmount unit with a hinged top, not easily adapted for normal home use. I'm not able to find useful...
  3. tubino

Stock dusty complete Marantz 2225 - value?

I have a stock Marantz 2225 in a metal cabinet. I'd appreciate help with the value (a range is fine). Thanks.
  4. tubino

DuKane mono amp with 4 x 6CD6, 2 x 5U4, 1 x OD3

I haven't seen many of these. I'm thinking it's a great candidate for a bass guitar amp. That’s a seeeeriously large filter choke there, and the OD3 glows a lovely violet shade as it regulates voltage...
  5. tubino

Very impressed with Allo Boss DAC with Raspberry Pi 3+, MOODE audio

I've been using this for about a week, and I'm very impressed. I'm still using the stock wallwart power supply through RPi micro-USB to power both the RPi and the Boss, but am just a couple of connectors away from a separate regulated power supply for the DAC. But as is, it's quite impressive...
  6. tubino

Philips and Norelco Fullrange drivers: 9762M, 9762/05, AD 4877 M

I’d be interested in hearing about projects using these drivers, particularly the Norelco AD 4877 M 8” drivers. They might be interesting for an office/bookshelf project but I’m not sure where to start with cabinet. OB, sealed, ported?
  7. tubino

No 6v equivalent of the 3DG4 rectifier? Why 3.3v?

The specs on the 3DG4 are pretty amazing, handling up to 1.2A per plate, and up to 6.5A peaks. Voltage dropout is a bit higher than a 5AR4 or some of the really beefy damper diodes, but still respectable at 25v. So if there were a 6v equivalent it would be pretty cool -- but I'm not aware of...
  8. tubino

Which organ amp? 5U4, 2x 6L6G, 6SL7...

I need help with ID so I can pair this up. Has a big choke and plugs for reverberation speaker, remote cabinet and case speaker. Also a gain pot.
  9. tubino

Info on UTC B-8668 input transformer - Stromberg-Carlson preamp?

I’ve looked through the UTC catalogs and can’t find anything close. It’s on a Stromberg-Carlson preamp and I’m trying to figure out what I’ve got here. Photos to follow.
  10. tubino

Fisher 404, 1972 quad receiver with joystick

Anyone know a value range on these, from non-working parts unit to working condition in wood cabinet? 41 lbs. of vintage SS goodness. More info here. https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/fisher/404.shtml
  11. tubino

Rare-ish console amp: Sylvania stereo SE 7868 amp

This one fell my way many years ago but I haven't seen one since. Are they kinda few in number, or I'm just not seeing them? Approximate value?
  12. tubino

TH-4001 clones for DIY speaker project?

The TH-4001 wood horns made by TAD for their legendary beryllium compression drivers are pretty much unavailable, but you can get a cloned pair shipped from HK for $1,400. Has anyone used these for homebrew speakers? I'd like to hear about weight and quality and finish. I have a pair of...
  13. tubino

Eico HF-89, the big EL-34 amp

None have been sold recently on that auction site. What would be a realistic value range for one in okay cosmetic shape? BTW, is there any other EL-34 amp with OPTs as large?!?
  14. tubino

Scott 272 (big EL-34 amp, dual 5U4 rectifiers)

I am curious about the market value of a stock Scott 272 in clean condition. This is not the LK one but the one with the tubes in the back, and two rows of knobs and buttons on the face, with a row of switches above that. No cage or case. They don’t come up very often so the usual market...
  15. tubino

Help to ID a commercial power supply (ham or other radio)

I am hoping to find out what this goes to, in order to find it a good home, rather than pull apart for the iron. Uses a pair of 5R4s. Has output for transmitting, input from MIC and receiver. Any clues appreciated!
  16. tubino

Stage Accompany ribbon tweeters SA8535 for pro audio

I just found out about these. They look interesting. The specs make them seem like the seriously bigger brother of the RAAL 140 ribbon tweeters, with much higher efficiency and handling 60 watts RMS. They hornload them for use in pro sound reinforcement equipment...
  17. tubino

Which model Ampex preamp is this?

I know there is a lot of information on the pro recording Ampex preamps, but I came to own this one that appears to be made for home use. I cannot find a model number anywhere! It seems to have a power supply issue but I'm a bit confused by the windings, diodes and caps... seems to be more...
  18. tubino

Value of Altec 3184 18" woofers?

I got curious about the value of these, but even going back a full 12 months on ebay shows ZERO sales. Can anyone make an educated guess on the worth of a pair in exc condition, please?
  19. tubino

Norelco 9762 FR drivers: Two Variations

I have two with two kinds of whizzer cones, and that's about all I know about them. Any further information greatly appreciated.
  20. tubino

Got pair NOS Onkyo SW plate amps -- for 230v 50 hz

I found this pair of subwoofer plate amps, Onkyo HTS-SW2. They appear to be of good quality and unused, but are made for 230v 50hz. The primary of the power transformer does not appear to allow rewiring for 120. :( I wonder how stuff like that winds up in the US? Looks like I could...
  21. tubino

Seattle/Vancouver BC scuba divers? Seeking October diving

I'll be in Seattle in October, and would like to schedule some diving at Edmunds or up in Vancouver, ~Oct 22-25. I used to live in Seattle and did some diving then... I'd love to work up a trip to Vancouver to do some boat or shore diving then. I figure I'll have to pony up for a drysuit (sold...
  22. tubino

University coax/dual concentric, 8": need info!

Anyone know anything about this one?
  23. tubino

Facebook group on wood horns for audio

I made one. Please join if you love wood horns!
  24. tubino

Which E-V cabinet is this?

Once I figure out the least destructive way to open it up, I'll tell you what driver (12") is in there. I got it with a cute Bogen DB110 and matching mono FM tuner -- ALL STILL HOOKED UP in someone's basement like it was 1959.
  25. tubino

Help identifying "Duotone" 12" driver?

I pulled this out of a corner cabinet today: Hard plastic cone from center with that weirdo lens thingy at the exit. Notice anything strange about the mounting holes?
Back
Top Bottom