Search results

1. S

Allied 2385 Goodwill find.

I found a really nice clean pair of allied 2385s at Goodwill for 10 bucks. I'm getting ready to hook them up now. Any input? Does anyone here have experience with them? Is that a Jensen woofer?
  2. S

How would I go about wiring for 4 ohm single voice coil subwoofers in a push pull configuration?

I figured it would be series and then parallel. That would be two pair of 4 ohm single voice coil subwoofers facing each other. But two of them would be reverse phase. Am I right? How would that look on paper? I'm looking for a 4 ohm final impedance.
  3. S

Thinking of modifying a pair of ESS AMT4 loudspeakers

I have a pair of AMT fours that I would like to use for center channel duty. I thought about electronically crossing them over to play above 80 Hertz. I saw this driver online and I was wondering if it would be a good replacement for the stock woofers. It's a 10" mid woofer. It's a 4 ohm...
  4. S

Watkins Dual Drive woofers ... Any way to make them work with an electronic crossover?

I have a pair of Watkins dual Drive woofers that I was thinking about using the pair of them together as a subwoofer. I'm wondering if I can get them to work with an electronic crossover and two amplifier channels? One channel for each voice coil.
  5. S

Accurate Bass: Ascendo’s 50" Seismic Subwoofer...

Is this overkill? Ascendo doesn't seem to think so, infact, they think this is the only way to get truly accurate bass. Ascendo’s Seismic Subwoofer Is a Modern Marvel There’s no denying the lure of powerful, deep, visceral bass. How it pulls you into the action. How it scares the living hell...
  6. S

I found a cool app that lets you tune in to any live radio stream worldwide.

This is really cool! http://radio.garden/live/glasgow-ky/105-3-the-point/ Just turn the globe to any station and listen...
  7. S

Thinking about modding my ESS AMT4 speakers...

I have two pair of ESS AMT4 speakers that I use in my 5.1 surround setup. I have a pair of three way converted AMT1b speakers as my front L&R, a pair of AMT4 as my center channel, a pair of AMT4 for surrounds, and 4 15” subs. I have noticed that the AMT4s have a noticeable hole in the midrange...
  8. S

Any good shops for rebuilding Soundcraftsmen gear?

Does anyone know of a good shop to rebuild a Soundcraftsmen ProPower10, MA5002A, a PA5001, and a Soundcraftsmen preamp? I live in Indiana and would like to keep it near by to keep shipping costs down. Thank you.
  9. S

Have any ESS AMT two way owners tried DC Gold tree way conversion?

I'm thinking about trying their three way modification or possibly using the PE 6x9 driver and going three way active crossover. Any thoughts? Parts Express says it's a bad idea.
  10. S

Adcom GFA-565 DC offset

Hi, I sold my other Adcom gear and kept this amplifier for subwoofer duty to drive an upgraded VMPS Tallboy Larger Subwoofer. I noticed a loud pop when I turned it on the other day and a slight hum through the sub. I checked DC offset and noticed I have 27.1 volts at idle. I pulled the cover...
  11. S

Soundcraftsmen service/modification

Would anyone be able to recommend a good tech to repair a couple of my Soundcraftsmen amplifiers? Any help would be appreciated...
  12. S

Audio Research D-350 and Carver ALS

I have a line on an Audio Research D-350 that I was interested in using to drive a pair of original Carver Amazing Loudspeakers. Does anyone here have any experience with this amplifier? I heard it was designed to drive electrostatic loudspeakers and that it would have no problem with the...
  13. S

Got a free Sansui G7700 receiver today...

Drove by a church today that was cleaning out their basement. They has a table out that had a sign that read "FREE!! Help Your Self!!" So I pulled over and sitting on a table was a Sansui G7700, a Parasound EQ f210s equalizer, an RCA intigrated amp that's 120wpc, an old Akai turn table, and an...
  14. S

Picked up a pair of Carver ALS!!!

:banana: Picked up a pair of Carver Amazing Loud Speakers in piano black!!! They were listed on CL in Columbus. I drove from Indianapolis to see them. The speakers looked and sounded great. I hooked up a Soundcraftsmen MA5002-A 375wpc @ 4 ohm amp to them with a Soundcraftsmen preamp/EQ. I...
  15. S

New sub and preamp...

I just bought a VMPS Large subwoofer that is in really nice shape for $200 and I also picked up a pre-owned Nuforce AVP-16 processor... :thmbsp: I will let you know how they sound as soon as I get them... :music:
  16. S

I just pulled the trigger on the Onkyo TX-NR1000 A/V Receiver yesterday.

I just pulled the trigger on the Onkyo TX-NR1000 A/V Receiver yesterday. I must say that this thing is a BEAST. The receiver weighs 73 pounds and sounds very good. Two channel is not quite as smooth as my older Onkyo Integra TX-DS939, at least not yet, could get better with time though; I know...
  17. S

Any thoughts on the Anthem AVM 20?

I have been thinking about replacing my Onkyo Integra TXDS939THX DD/DTS receiver and have been eyeing the Anthem AVM 20. I listen primarily to two channel audio and would really like a state of the art DSP that is competent with both music and movies. Any input or suggestions would be...
  18. S

Smashed PCR-800 amplifiers...

:thumbsdn: I just received two Soundcraftsmen PCR-800 amplifiers that I won in an auction. The amplifiers were not double boxed and there was almost no packing material in the box. Both amplifiers are very badly smashed on the back side. The output terminals are bent and the back is so...
  19. S

Soundcraftsmen vs. Carver???

How do the Carver and Soundcraftsmen amplifiers stack up sound quality wise? I heard many of the Carver amps were class H just like many of the Soundcraftsmen amplifiers. My uncle seems to think his Carver M4.0t amps will blow my Soundcraftsmen class H amps out of the water sound quality...
  20. S

Review of Infinity Kappa 8.2i Series II vs. Thiel CS2...

Here is what was supposed to be a quick review of my new Infinity Kappa 8.2i Series II vs. the old trusty Thiel CS2’s... Let me first start out by telling you what I listen to and what I have for equipment. I listen to a wide variety of music consisting of mostly rock, alternative, heavy...
  21. S

Infinity Kappa 8.2i Series II vs. Thiel CS2’s...

Here is what was supposed to be a quick review of my new Infinity Kappa 8.2i Series II vs. the old trusty Thiel CS2’s... Let me first start out by telling you what I listen to and what I have for equipment. I listen to a wide variety of music consisting of mostly rock, alternative, heavy...
  22. S

Recommended high current amps for driving Infinity Kappa 8.2I Series II speakers...

Does anyone have any amplifier recommendations for driving my Infinity Kappa 8.2i Series II speakers? My Soundcraftsmen MA5002A and my PA5001’s don’t seem to be up to the task. I have the speakers bi-amped and the amplifiers seem to sound OK driving the Kappa's but they do go into protect...
  23. S

Bought a pair of Infinity Kappa 8.2i Series II speakers...

Bought a pair of Infinity Kappa 8.2i Series II speakers off of ePay last night, just wanted to know what you guys think of them; not much information on the web about them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200083005764&rd=1&rd=1...
  24. S

Picked up some really nice Linn speakers at a yard sale...

I went to a yard sale yesterday and bought a nice pair of two way Linn LS150 Helix's for $10. The LS150's come with an eight inch woofer and one inch tweeter and can be bi-wired, they sound almost as good as my Thiel CS2's and are voiced very close to the Thiel's. I am going to put the LS150's...
  25. S

Any info on this 3D Acoustics sub I won on eBay??

Is anyone familiar with this sub? :scratch2: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9732678444&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Back
Top Bottom