Search results

1. Russellc

KC Gathering at Kurtgo's 9/25

O Oh man. The chicken suit. Oh man. Sort of took the wind out of this old man. Jay.....miss you brother. Russellc
  2. Russellc

Pass DIY F-6 Build

I found it a little to the dry side for my taste. M2 may be a choice to consider, again to my taste. A lot of this is personal taste, clearly not everyone agrees. F6 has a extremely clear sound in the high through upper mid. Very transparent, reminds me of F5. The M2 is a much warmer sound...
  3. Russellc

Looking for a good audio tech in Colorado Springs & a serious Craigslist warning.

Cut from same bolt of cloth, with the exception that I like Glocks! (nothing wrong with Ruger) Here in the KC metro area, its always suggested to meet in Police dept parking lot or similar safe spot. Great thing about this site and others like it, you deal with trustworthy folks! Russellc
  4. Russellc

Retirement System

Amplifier for those Altecs could be many of the FirstWatt offerings, used being cheaper naturally. New many are in the 3-4K range. If you can solder and are a DIY person or know one, visit the Pass forum over on DIYaudio.com. Nelson Pass is very generous in revealing schematics and the DIY...
  5. Russellc

Kansas City Area Ping Thread

Nope. Oz was Oz, Kansas is where Dorothy was from, when she was walking around fenced in hogs....LOL Russellc
  6. Russellc

Pass DIY F-6 Build

That's what I thought after F5......So many Pass Amps, so little time. P3 will be a big help with F5. My second amp was BA3 ( Complementary version ) with 32 volt rails. I've chomped several bits since then. All of them good, just in different ways. Russellc
  7. Russellc

Pass DIY F-6 Build

that said, I have since built M2 and Aleph J. If you have no other Pass DIY amps built, one of those 2 would be my pick. They are all excellent amps, but the Aleph J is really special. Russellc
  8. Russellc

Time to Fest in KC - June 29th

i got busy and let this one slip by.....had some new stuff to try... Russellc
  9. Russellc

AK Design Collaborative - Insignia-Class Economy Speakers (a.k.a Indignia)

i will have to look it up. It was instructions/plans for a speaker that used that driver. I'm going to call Parts express and inquire. Russellc
  10. Russellc

Yup, after they went away they came back, with many commenting it isnt the same, as per my post above...I hope I am wrong. Russellc
  11. Russellc

Built these back in the day, still use them in a bedroom system. Noticed the tweeter became no longer available, then we're reintroduced but according to some builders, isn't the same and would need cross over mods to be used in this project. In order not to dilute the quality of this project...
  12. Russellc

Time to fest Kansas City

Oh, Im out here....25th sounded good until someone mentioned it was Memorial Day, I dont have anything right at moment but that is one of those dates that can surprise you! Sounds like June. Russellc
  13. Russellc

KC area?

I'm with Kurtgo as to March-April.......we could probably do one soon and another in May. I've missed a few of these, and need to stop it. Russellc
  14. Russellc

New Build: Pass DIY Pearl 2 Phono Pre

No real build thread for F7, hasnt been released. This thread apparently has come close, according to Mr Pass. https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/275921-watt-f7-review.html BTW, arent you McQuaide over there? Russellc
  15. Russellc

New Build: Pass DIY Pearl 2 Phono Pre

Saw your creation over on DIYaudio, Pearl 2 is a worthy build. Love the switching you built in. Have you tried Aleph J or M2? Worth the effort for sure. Beginning an F7 clone, M25, and J2....need some more chassis! Russellc
  16. Russellc

Kansas city fall fest. official sign up thread & INFO

I've PM'd for address info, planning to make this one. Likely to bring some solid state class A creation. Maybe FirstWatt AlephJ clone? Russellc
  17. Russellc

Kansas city fall fest. official sign up thread & INFO

How do I obtain address info? Thanks Russellc
  18. Russellc

KC area?

Link to thread?
  19. Russellc

Magnepan Unitrac

I guess we should hunt up that repair thread and link to it. It is the only instance of one being repaired that I recall seeing. Most consider the arm toast if the cable is dead. Russellc
  20. Russellc

Magnepan Unitrac

Let me make sure what you mean, you replaced the part that plugs into the bottom of the the tonearm? So you used a cardas on end of cable, and replaced matching plug in the bottom of arm with matching cardas? As I recall, the one in bottom of arm is not compatible with standard din plug, right...
  21. Russellc

Magnepan Unitrac

I probably asked back when you did it, what did you replace the connector that plugged into the arm with? I recall the Amperall part was no longer available. Whoever did the rewire did away with it and hardwired to the arn IIRC? Russellc
  22. Russellc

Magnepan Unitrac

No, I never rewired mine, but someone here did. I queried them on it, but mine works so /i didnt fix it...Member who did this was successful, I remember that. I remember it took the tiniest wire. Russellc
  23. Russellc

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

That is optimized for the QSC wave guide withcompression driver B&C DE 250 however.... Russellc
  24. Russellc

Is the Econowave dead?

Havent read to the end quite yet but so far, charge coupling is mentioned by me in these places: #608-619, 621-622, 642, 649-651, 685, 690, 1236, 1402, 1505, 1809,-1810, 1817. This selection shows the crossover schematic, I didnt remember I took this long to finish the project! Lots of stuff...
  25. Russellc

Kansas City Area Ping Thread

We tried that idea a few years ago and it never quite got off the ground. Doesnt mean it couldnt be done....main problems that conspired then: Price, getting everyones schedule on the same page, which worked into price...(you have to have enough attendees to cover it, weather, ( If semi...
Back
Top Bottom