Search results

1. G

Aiwa AP 2600 turntable manual

aye, Melofelo - it was one of the previous threads you'd participated in that encouraged me to go for it. seems ok - but the manual would be nice. There really is very little about on the 'net concerning it, oddly. the seller subscribed to what, to my eyes, is the erroneous belief that the...
  2. G

Aiwa AP 2600 turntable manual

one of these ever surface? just picked said deck up - nice kit - but can't google the manual no-how no-where... anyone else have any luck or provide a pointer?
  3. G

My rebuilt , fully restored Realistic Lab 500.

oh right. obviously not - must have been thinking of a different range of cartridges. anyway, what a beautiful, heavyweight looking deck - not so surprised by its performance going by those alone...
  4. G

Post a picture of your turntable

oooh, oooh, ooooh .... :drool: that is ... quite something
  5. G

Turntable Basics customer service?

yes - that is a nice cover - haven't seen that one (the bluenote all type I'm familiar with) before either.
  6. G

My rebuilt , fully restored Realistic Lab 500.

aren't the ADC range of carts all high compliance?
  7. G

Systemdek ll

not sure which arm you've got there- I guess Lini's comment implies it's a good one. Had one with a linn basik plus, and in my mind's ear it's still one of the best sounding decks I've had. I don't remember having to tweak the suspension etc for it - and I don't think there's any modding...
  8. G

Silly or fun album covers...

this (and probably others in the thread I haven't seen yet) is in the delightfully dry 'Seriously Bad Album Covers' book by Nick Difonzo which I Seriously recommend to anyone wanting to put a smile on their face ... :yes:
  9. G

Funk Firm Little Superdeck

not a review or spec sheet as such, but does seem to be available here (going by their shipping turnaround est...)? http://www.musicdirect.com/p-110214-funk-firm-little-super-deck-turntable.aspx
  10. G

Tips on buying a Thorens 124...I need 'em!

you might want to check out the 'pink fish media' forums (a uk site) - there's a vintage sub-forum there with a lot of threads about the 124. the site owner, Tony, has been detailing his experiences with getting one fully fettled and set-up etc. might take a bit of digging, but could well be...
  11. G

Infinity tone arm I.D.

rebadged 'Audiocraft'? I understood from an apparent expert in such things that they supplied / made arms with a rather flexible approach to the use of parts, as they (the parts) were available / developed, so it can be difficult to identify them 'exactly' in terms of model numbers. looks...
  12. G

Thick As A Brick 40th LP... Anyone Gonna Jump On It???

wouldn't mind - have an original with cover signed by martin - who used to live 'round here... but not in great condition playing wise... doubt very much I'll stump up for it however. was pretty underwhelmed by TAAB2 despite all the good press (and Ian A did a live show nr. here at a festival...
  13. G

Garrard 301/401 owners club!

man, the 401 with that bionic arm looks serious ...
  14. G

What TT's do you folks have

that AR-XA is just so beautiful ... :tresbon:
  15. G

Truth, commonsense and the opposite! (A bit of a rant!)

ah, brings back a gag in 'the making of the goodies disaster movie' - a 70s book by a comedy trio probably not much known in the US... but it involved 'pouring' over some ('cough') magazines by the estimable grahame garden (all in the service of research of course... ) :D
  16. G

ADC XLM over Denon DL-103?

interesting - I've had a few now - currently have one in one of those fancy wooden bodies... - like it, although could do with a much better MC stage tbh - but the real problem I've found is its stylus profile seems to find clicks and pops etc that finer (line contact I mean here) stylii do a...
  17. G

My new to me Pioneer PL-560 , with pictures..ooooo .

oh... with a pitch meter? that's so cool!
  18. G

Post a picture of your turntable

class-eee :tresbon:
  19. G

The best sounding cartridge I've ever heard.

blimey - OT, but did you really do the white sharks thing? I know people do these days ... but, you'd have to pay me a lot to do that :no:
  20. G

A Thorens in Padauk... PICTURES!

beautiful. different platter to the original?
  21. G

The best sounding cartridge I've ever heard.

classic ... :D
  22. G

Record scratches don't bother me at all now.

this is it, isn't it - I have exactly the same memory of 'only hearing the music' with the sony all-in-one job we had in the family home when I was growing up; I guess pretty much everyone on these boards will have the same 'falling from grace' / innocence experience with recorded music. I'm...
  23. G

A Real nice guy.....and a AR XA Turntable

that's really beautiful - lighter colour top-plate works well. there is something about the XA for sure - just looks so 'right' in its minimalist way.
  24. G

these diy tables look so tempting

+1 :tresbon:
  25. G

Bought a new TT

reminds me of some of the nicer micro-seiki decks (their less ott ones obviously) - 'simplicity and elegance'; yes - describes it very well :yes:
Back
Top Bottom