Search results

1. J

Can someone recommend a tech in the Tampa Bay area?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I should know, but there was a near death family crisis going on right in the middle of this. I know he replaced quite a few components and I think most of the issues had to do with the preamp board on one channel?? Sorry I can't be any more help, but my mind was not...
  2. J

SL 1700 Mkii dilemma

I took it apart again. The cuing doesn't work. The motor comes on and the belt and gears turn, but it doesn't lift the arm. Pushing the cue button again doesn't do anythng. To stop the arm motor, you have to power down. The auto return button has been pushed in any number of times , but the arm...
  3. J

SL 1700 Mkii dilemma

I have taken it apart a couple of times.
  4. J

SL 1700 Mkii dilemma

When I press the cueing button, the belt starts turning and the gears turn, but nothing happens. When I press it again, nothing happens, it keeps turning. The only way to get it to stop is to hit the power button.
  5. J

SL 1700 Mkii dilemma

I know! I've got two plain SL1700s that perform flawlessly. Why they complicated the cueing mechanism is a mystery.
  6. J

SL 1700 Mkii dilemma

Hi, I've recently acquired a Technics SL1700 Mk ii which has some problems. It doesn't cue, auto return or stop. I've replaced the belt and the gears all seem to turn. In addition, the left channel doesn't work. It looks good and the speed is good. Is this something that can be fixed relatively...
  7. J

Rex Runner is a pleasure to deal with!

I bought that beautiful Dual 1218 he had listed in BT. It was packed perfectly and made it from Ohio unscathed. Exactly as described and with the extras he had mentioned. Would definitiely do business with again. Joe
  8. J

Got my unit back and it sounds great! Ed was a pleasure to deal with and really went the extra mile. I can recommend him without reservation.
  9. J

I talked to him yesterday and will be bringing my V4 down to him.
  10. J

Hi Ed, I was given your name by AKer Dander. I've got a Sony STR V4 that's cutting out in the...

Hi Ed, I was given your name by AKer Dander. I've got a Sony STR V4 that's cutting out in the right channel. Is this something you could look at? I'd like for the whole receiver to be checked, if possible. I'm in Spring Hill. Thanks, Joe 352-238-1366
  11. J

Everyone, thanks for your replies and recommendations! @dander: I'll contact Ed. Joe
  12. J

Anyone? I'm assuming the yellow crud is leakage. Can they just be desoldered and new ones soldered? Thanks
  13. J

I've got this Sony Str V4 that is having issues in the right channel. I opened it up and found this. Don't really know much about electronics, so could use some help. It also got quite hot before I shut it down. Thanks, Joe
  14. J

Tampa Bay Area

I split time between Spring Hill and South Korea. Or as the kids say, Spring Hell.
  15. J

Help me pick some speakers!

Thanks for the offer! Sure, I'd be interested.
  16. J

Thanks for the replies. Even though I know only I can like or not like my speakers, I can't audition them before buying. I therefore am trying to get an appreciation for what might work with my existing system based on the members experiences. The room is pretty big: maybe 15 x 30 with a 10'...
  17. J

I have some special circumstances. I live in GTMO, Cuba, so buying used and having them shipped here is cost prohibitive. We also don't have any thrifts or CL to buy locally from. No music rooms to audition. So I'm sorta limited to buying new from someplace that ships for free. So, with that in...
  18. J

Like Gin?

Love the Gin Blossoms! I like the offshoots too: Gas Giants and Poppin' Wheelies. Joe
  19. J

Hi George, If it isn't too much trouble, could you ship my latest order to my GTMO address...

Hi George, If it isn't too much trouble, could you ship my latest order to my GTMO address? Media mail price should be about the same. I'll obviously pay any difference. You would have to fill out a customs form, however. My address is: Joe Hooper PSC 1005 Box 50 FPO, AE 09593 Thanks. If not...
  20. J

Friday Tunes

Tom Waits Mule Variations
Back
Top Bottom