Search results

1. halo71

Need inexpensive 15" LF replacement drivers for 4638 cabinet...

I recently bought an extra pair of 2226A woofers for my 4638 cabinets for $100 a pair. Might know where at least 1 more pair is.
  2. halo71

Infinity RSIIIa Speaker inquiry

I have RSIIIa and RSIII. And I've listed them at way below market value from what I have seen them sell for in recent years. And like Ross said.....Can't give em away.
  3. halo71

4648a-8 vs 4638

You happen to be in Georgia? And was the sellers name Harry by chance?
  4. halo71

Gold Ribbon Concepts ribbon speakers

Bohlander Graebner ribbons perhaps?
  5. halo71

Compare Snell Type D to Thiel CS 2.3 speakers

I love Theil speakers. But keep in mind, they are extremely revealing of a bad recording and any upstream gear that might be of lower quality. Also, the coaxial tweeter/mid drivers in those speakers are pretty much unobtainable. And there is not suitable replacement driver that I know of. Rob at...
  6. halo71

NHT Fans, opinions Wanted.

I had VT-2's that I liked. Still have VT-3's and Evolution T6's.
  7. halo71

$2,000 speaker cables

So this is about the same as walking around with a cucumber stuck down you pants?
  8. halo71

What are these?

Not Heritage HS1-C's. Wrong size cabinet and driver layout. Though I have no clue what these are above.
  9. halo71

Thiel CS 3.6 Driver Issues

I've not seen a coaxial driver like these that would be suitable as a replacement
  10. halo71

Thiel CS 3.6 Driver Issues

This is about where I am at with my CS2.3's. The tweeter/midrange is a coaxial driver. The metal domes have pretty much cracked and fallen apart. He gave me a price of $500 to rebuild the pair.
  11. halo71

Alon speaker question

Probably an Onkyo Integra M-504 or a Yamaha MX-500U
  12. halo71

Alon speaker question

lol I meant the cables Alon originally sold with them.
  13. halo71

Alon speaker question

Seller doesn't have the Alon cables. Actually getting a pair of Alon 1's in this deal as well.
  14. halo71

Alon speaker question

I am looking at picking up a pair of Alon II speakers this weekend. They are designed to be bi-wired or bi amped. Guessing I could just install some jumper wires right? I'd rather not have to mess with bi amping or buying bi wires if possible.
  15. halo71

Speakers I remember seeing - can anyone identify?

I was about to say the same thing! lol
  16. halo71

What speakers have you just not bonded with?

JBL 4312C's. Couldn't sell them fast enough.
  17. halo71

Speaker ID

Or perhaps S6's.
  18. halo71

Monitor 10C tweeters…

I believe in Series II they did. IF you have SL2000 tweeters, message me. Pretty sure I have a few spares. I'll send ya one if you pay shipping.
  19. halo71

Vintage (1970s/80s) Infinity "house" sound? WPC demands? Other things to consider?

That is interesting. I have IIIa's I drive with a M504 (165wpc at 8 ohm) and that amp never complains with I drive them very very loudly. Are the 4b's harder to drive?
  20. halo71

Buying A New TV. Anyone Have Soundbar Recommendations?

While I am a big fan of vintage Polk speakers and some newer models. I would highly suggest you stay away from the Polk sound bars. Seem MANY people buy them and they die very quickly.
  21. halo71

Help Identifying these speakers...

Eosone RSF-600. Joint collaboration between Infinity and Polk Audio
  22. halo71

What small speaker has surprised you with bass output?

Paradigm Studio 20 v3's.
  23. halo71

Pairing a set of Thiel CS3.6s with my Sansui G9000??

Those are great speakers! I have CS2.3's and they like power. And are EXTREMELY revealing of any upstream gear weaknesses. A poorly produced CD recording sounds like hell on mine. I find most SACD's sound very nice on them though.
  24. halo71

Thiel CS 2 2 - fill me in

I have 2.3's. They are very good sounding speakers. Very natural sounding. They will reveal poor upstream gear though. Also a bad recording sounds very bad on them. They DO like power though. I find mine sound best with a good SACD feeding them.
  25. halo71

Ok Infinity Folks, what cables are you using.

MIT Terminator 6
Back
Top Bottom