Search results

1. pfejr

McIntosh 1900 fm tuner - no lower stations

My 1900 fm tuner works great above 93 (or so) . It will tune stations below 93 for about a minute after being powered up then that part of the dial goes to static. What might I look for/do to fix?
  2. pfejr

Mcintosh MX113 Preamp hum

New to me Mcintosh MX113 tuner preamp has a constant low level 60hz(?) hum in both channels regardless of volume or input selected. Hum is not affected by volume control. Moving the phase switch from 0 to 180 will decrease it a little. Aside from hum, the unit sounds great. Power supply...
  3. pfejr

mcintosh mx113 hummmmmm...

New to me Mcintosh MX113 tuner preamp has a constant level 60hz(?) hum regardless of volume or input selected. Moving the phase switch will decrease it a little. Aside from hum which can be drowned by volume, it sounds great. Power supply capacitor(s)? What to consider / check here? Thanks! pfe
  4. pfejr

MCS 3224 receiver hum and dc on left channel

Hi, Picked up a MCS 3224 receiver. looks just like the one my friend had back in high school. Left channel has no music output but does have a constant hum/buzz that is not affected by volume control or balance. meter shows -2.57v dc. by comparison Right output sounds great and meter shows...
  5. pfejr

Scott 388 Receiver -- 2n3053 equivalent or substitute?

Hi, I'm working on a couple of Scott 388's and am rebuilding the driver boards. I'm looking to replace Scott transistor QA-10 which my research indicates is a selected 2n3053. I've seen that NTE128 is recommended as a direct replacement, but the specs look rather different. What about...
  6. pfejr

Scott 388 Blowing Fuses - rectifier?

Scott 388 Blowing Fuses - replace bad diodes with??? Hi, Scott 388 Receiver is blowing main fuse. Service manual suggests various possibilities included shorted diodes, output transistors, etc. I've replaced the output transistors and rebuilt the driver boards. 2 diodes test bad. Service...
  7. pfejr

Scott 388 -- help to bring it back to glory!

Hi all, I've acquired a Scott 388 receiver that's in fair shape but has seen some sloppy repair work. Output transistors are mismatched with 2 Bendix QP-8 on one side and two 2SC1115 on the other. There's an omnipresent hiss in both channels. There are leaky caps on the driver boards...
  8. pfejr

Tube receiver hiss in one channel

Hi, I've had a Bogen Rp-235 tube stereo receiver for years. I have always been surprised at how great this unit sounds, however it has gradually developed what is now a fairly loud hissing sound in one channel that is always present regardless of whether it is on fm, aux, phono. Still plays...
  9. pfejr

Bogen DB-230a Output transformer

Hi, I have a Bogen DB-230a with a blown OPT. This particular variation uses 6dw5 output tubes. Can anyone suggest a good replacement OPT? Thanks
  10. pfejr

MAC 4100 fried driver board

Powered up my 4100 today and heard a pop, saw a spark inside the chassis, and was too dumbfounded to push the power button before something else ignited. Powered off. Speaker wires had pulled loose and had shorted. Opened up and could see a burned 150 ohm resistor on the right driver board...
  11. pfejr

Ming Da MC34-A Bias

Hi, Can anyone walk me through biasing this integrated amp. It's got EL34's. I've seen info about the MC34-B that references a link to a diagram that I can't seem to access. Thanks!
  12. pfejr

Grommes Receiver -- constant hum

A while back I bought a Grommes Precision Model C502 tube stereo receiver of the 'bay. It works and sounds good except for a persistent hum that is present and never increases or decreases regardless of input, volume control, etc. I'm no expert -- I'm learning -- I can use a multimeter...
  13. pfejr

Grommes repair needed

I have a Grommes 40PGA tube integrated that needs some attention. Any recommendations?
Back
Top Bottom