Search results

1. sslade43

Looking for some speaker cloth

I know I’ve seen some threads, but I couldn’t find what I was looking for. Anyone got a good source for vintage looking linen style speaker cloth? I’ll attach a picture of what I’m going for. I have the same set but it’s missing the grills.
  2. sslade43

GE stereo cart ID?

I picked this cart up with some others, but it doesn’t have any markings except serial number. Searching I’ve seen some labeled differently. Any ideas?
  3. sslade43

The Fairchild 240-2 Preamp

I’d originally only had the electrolytic caps replaced thinking I’d keep it as original as possible. But it sounded pretty blah. Went ahead and had the rest of it restored. Boy does it sound great! Mono never sounded so good.
  4. sslade43

Choosing Full Range/Coaxial Speakers

So I have this danish Arne Vodder console. It came with empty speaker cabs. They are 4.3 cubic feet. Anyone have some ideas of full range or coaxial speakers for that small of a box? I will be using tubes to power them. I was thinking some Stephens or something of that vintage.
  5. sslade43

Are these actually Heresy’s?

These are at an estate sale coming up. Are they actual Klipsch speakers from the factory? Most I see have a recessed front for grill cloth, not just a flat front.
  6. sslade43

Pilot SA-1032 console w/ AA-903b Amplifier

Picked up this mono Pilot unit. Always wanted some Pilot gear, but haven't stumbled upon any until now. Looks like it was a companion to the SA-1030 console to make it stereo. I've had a hard time finding much information on the console other than that. It is completely original and came with...
  7. sslade43

Mono Tonearm Question

I'm looking at putting a mono Rek-O-Kut tonearm on my table. Looking at most that are for sale, they only have one wire coming out the bottom. Did these early tonearms only have one wire coming out on all of them? So how to I ground it to eliminate the hum? Or is that not needed?
  8. sslade43

Ortofon Tonearm Auxiliary Screw RS-212 Measurement

Anyone have an Ortofon RS-212 with the auxiliary screw for added weight? I am trying to figure out the measurement of the screw so I can just buy one at the hardware store. Not trying to spend $130 bucks for a screw off eBay. If no one has it, i'll just do some trial and error to find something...
  9. sslade43

bjlefebvre gots the vinyl++++

My Horace Silver came in great shape and even better than expected. Buy with confidence. Scott
  10. sslade43

Fisher Preamp and the TT Cartridge you like?

What turntable cartridges have you all found to be a good pairing for your Fisher preamps? My MM cart is in need of a new needle and was thinking about trying something else out. Not sure if I want to stay MM or try a HOMC or LOMC w/ an SUT. I realize turntable and tonearm are factors in the...
  11. sslade43

My HF-81 is missing it's cage...

I picked this up and it is really pretty clean, but it didn't have it's cage. I don't mind having one cut an put in place, but don't even know where to start looking. Any ideas? I'm excited to get this thing restored and listen to it.
  12. sslade43

Speaker ID please

My dad was at a thrift/antique store and sent me pictures of these speakers. I was stumped. Any ideas?
  13. sslade43

What's this 6550 power supply?

I had forgot I picked this up a few months back. Trying to figure out some more info on it. I know it was used with a Crown RTR rack system for recording. But other than that, I know nothing about it. Couldn't tell if it was DIY or what, as it doesn't have any markers for a brand. Had a 6550...
  14. sslade43

Mystery Tiny Amp?

What is this? What's it's function? I've looked, but I couldn't figure it out.
  15. sslade43

Testing Ortofon Tonearm

So, I suspect my tonearm is the culprit for only producing sound from one channel. I know my receiver is good. I know the cartridge is good. I want to test the RCA cables on my Ortofon RS-212 tonearm to see if that is what is causing the problem. How do I test it with a multimeter to make sure...
  16. sslade43

Scott Tube Integrated

This worth going to look at? I've had some good tube stuff, but have never owned any HH Scott stuff. I've always wanted to own/hear some. It always seems like the speakers aren't worth anything in these custom cabinets. Just not sure on that price. http://wichita.craigslist.org/ele/5318741815.html
  17. sslade43

3 pin headshell?

I have a tonearm with 3 pins. That is mono right?
  18. sslade43

Ohms Question

I have a speaker that is supposed to be 8ohms, but I tested and there is no sound and measures something crazy like 200ohms. Does that mean it's shot?
  19. sslade43

RCA plugs question

Ok, I have a couple questions. I got some tube RCA gear recently and I wanted to bring it up on my variac, but the plugs seem weird. I've never seen anything like it. I'm rather new into tube, so I want to make sure this is normal. One has a power cord just screwed into the back. This one was...
  20. sslade43

RCA tube amp question

I already posted this amp on the tube thread and the people there were great at helping me identify this amp. I like tube stuff, but this isn't necessarily my wheel house. I had on offer locally, but wasn't for sure if it was too low. I was offered two bills for it. How much do you think it's...
  21. sslade43

RCA tube amplifier identification

I picked this up and have been unable to find any information. Couldn't tell if it was a guitar amp, theater amp, or something else. I've looked all over and I can't seem to find anything. Could you guys help identify it?
  22. sslade43

JBL C38 price these days?

Found a pair at a local estate sale. Didn't have the legs, crossovers, and bullet tweeters. Cabinets were near perfect. They were asking $500. Seemed high to me, but wasn't for sure.
  23. sslade43

Told my wife I was going to look at a speaker...

The add had no picture. All it said was a mid century retro mahogany speaker asking $100. Didn't even list it as Electro Voice. It was only a couple blocks away, so I thought I might as well. Needless to say I bought it. One of my best scores ever. The controls are scratchy, as one would expect...
  24. sslade43

Jensen LS-180/U speaker

I bought some homemade speakers and they had these Jensen's in there. You guys got any info on them? I've looked here and other places and can't find much of anything.
  25. sslade43

Mid Century Speaker ID?

There's an estate sale down the street that had these speakers. Any ideas? Kinda looks like RCA or something like that.
Back
Top Bottom