Search results

1. nolasally

Scotch 3M White 7" Reel Tape values

I did some horse trading with a buddy who owns a record store to get these. Never seen them before...I naturally assume the ones that have hendrix, doors, Dylan recordings would have more value than classical or cher....LOL
  2. nolasally

Passed on some EPI speakers for 10.00!!

Last week estate sale near my house had a set of M-90 EPI speakers needing refoam for 10.00. I passed as don't really need another project set of speakers.....This week sale returned and for 5.00 the pair followed me home.....LOL I tried!!!
  3. nolasally

Mail carrier delivered JBL Jubals & Vandersteen 2ce today!!!

Not exactly. My old retired mailman called me and asked if I was interested in both sets. I went to his house and collected speakers. JBL's are too far gone so have already been parted out. One mid is DOA but all other drivers work. The Vandersteens are good cosmetically but some drivers...
  4. nolasally

Best copy of Beach Boys Surfin USA LP

My daughter is a Beach Boys fan... She wants this particular album... I have Pet Sounds but this is on her must have list....Whats the best copy to buy???
  5. nolasally

car repair costs tale.....

There are folks here who will talk about european car ownership out of warranty, saying repairs arent as bad(costly) as some state....Her is my story regarding a boring ordinary 2014 Buick enclave w/ 90k miles.... Recently went to dealer for oil change special and while doing so they stated my...
  6. nolasally

Tube ID???

I found these tubes in a bin. No lettering on any. The 2 smaller ones have same construction. Any guesses?
  7. nolasally

Which table is better TD-150 or TD-160

Both look and work well. Both are MkII. Both similarly priced….
  8. nolasally

SONY TA-N77ES THAT GOOD???

I recently bought 2 of these amps at auction....They are rated @ 200wpc and are quite heavy....They seem to sell for 2,000 or so??? What gives, thats McIntosh watts per dollar territory..... Still have to give them a listen.... I read somewhere that even thought they are bridgable that they...
  9. nolasally

Onkyo p-304 vs p-306RS

I own both of these preamps along with matching M-504 & M-506RS amps. Im deciding which preamp/amp combo to keep! I believe the p-306 is built to a higher standard than p-304....Also has adjustable cart loading switch....Im leaning on keeping P-306 and mate with M-504.....Anyone see an issue...
  10. nolasally

Dustbug ID?

Anyone recognize the maker of this. Brass base and counterweight. Has a ground wire attached.
  11. nolasally

The 2nd pair of JBL L100t's bought within 1 week!!!

The first pair was bought off FBM for 150.00. Cabs were not worth the restoration work so I parted out that pair... Today a bought these for 80.00..Owners painted speakers to match the paint in their family room.... Backstory goes like this: I saw pics of them in background of local estate...
  12. nolasally

First Facebook buy!

Ratty pair of L100t speakers. Tweeters will need tinsel leads repaired. Woofers need refoam. Mids are clean. One grill is in good shape. All for 150.00. Cabs are not worth the effort to bring back from the ugly. Will begin the part out shortly.
  13. nolasally

Navy ship fleecing

Just saw that the navy has had old ships that have been updated or retrofitted for the past 6-8yrs in VA. and likely will never go out to sea. If mods find this political please delete. @GChief does this seem dumb to you???
  14. nolasally

Hooking up a set of JPW’s question

I bought these yrs ago and finally am getting around to hooking them up. There is no model # markings on them but from their measurements I gander they are AP3’s. With dual binding posts I can hook up to either top or bottom inputs. No jumpers are required. From what I have read one set is...
  15. nolasally

What’s your latest audio sale?

I had a pioneer sx-1280 in great shape listed locally for 2600.00. Convinced buyer to also buy the following for an additional 1600.00. Jbl L100’s in nice shape Pioneer PL-55D clean as well Both parties happy!!
  16. nolasally

Knob ID

Can anyone ID what this knob might have gone to. Clearly SS receiver.
  17. nolasally

Integrated Amps NFS recently acquired

Picked up these recently from AK. Both sound nice and I prefer them to my vintage receivers.
  18. nolasally

Todays 400.00 Find

I had planned to offer less when I inspected deal...However when extras were thrown in I happily paid their asking price. Lot consists of: Thorens TD-160 BC MKII w/ Sumiko Tonearm w/ matching headshell with AT30E cart installed! Ortofon VMS 20 E Cart w/ good stylus AT14 Sa Cartridge w/ good...
  19. nolasally

Thorens TD 160 options??

I have a TD 160 mkII with original tonearm and arm lift mechanism. Another similar unit came up for sale. It’s a BC variant with what looks to be sumiko arm without arm lift. Would this be an upgrade??
  20. nolasally

Good Car Deal???

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - $3,500 139,510 miles Clean title Regularly maintained FWD Supercharged V6 3.8L with 240hp Black exterior Grey interior Sport leather-wrapped steering wheel with radio controls EyeCue Head-Up display projects data onto the windshield so you don't...
  21. nolasally

Quad 405-2 value

This amp was restored by authorized dealer about 30yrs ago LOL... It works fine but whats it worth??
  22. nolasally

TT Cartridge Values

I picked up a Rega TT today and it has a Dynavector 10x4 mounted which is in good shape with original box(case). Also got a BNIB A&R (Arcam) P77 Carrtridge as well as BNIB A&R PN7 replacement stylus. Anyone wish to give me a guestimate of the value of these pieces????
  23. nolasally

My budget vinyl tube rig.

Thanks to fellow Aker I finally was able to piece together a Cary Audio budget vinyl setup. Sounds flawless! Consists of: AES AE-3 preamp AES PH-1 phono preamp Bogen DS-225 Amp Denon DP-51F TT
  24. nolasally

Pioneer PC-Q1 Cart ??

I have one of these quad carts and am wondering if it can be used on regular stereo LP's???
  25. nolasally

Audio technica what???

This piece was loose in a box I recently acquired a turntable in. What the hell does it go to???
Back
Top Bottom