Search results

1. kwayde

Canton LE-170 crossovers blew up

Was told the owner cranked them and blew the internal fuses. They don't have internal fuses. The same cap blew to pieces in each speaker which also blew the one next to it off the boards. One crossover blew into two pieces. Never seen anything like this before.
  2. kwayde

Never seen anything like this before...

I was given a receiver to repair that the owner said was sitting for years and blowing fuses, plus the string to tune stations must have broke. The interior is all rusted from mouse piss. When I took the cover off quite a lot of mouse turds fell out. There are tunnels going through that...
  3. kwayde

What's wrong with this picture?

4. kwayde

Sansui 5000A F-1040 bias diodes glue

Found all four output transistors shorted. Worked backwards and found one driver board in good shape, but the other has toasted R819 and R824 resistors. R820 measures good but will be replaced. Only TR805 in that channel was bad. I found that all four of the bias diodes have come unglued from...
  5. kwayde

HK-450 run away bias.

This was in rough shape when brought to me. Fuses FU2 & 3 were blown, D7 was bad, the left channel replacement output transistors were shorted, the right channel output xstrs were missing. Q 405, 406, and 417 were missing. One emitter resistor was missing. The trace between FU2 and D1 was...
  6. kwayde

A-700 with poor soldering, cold solder joints on the whole main board.

Was brought an A-700 to repair that had one channel lower than the other. After cleaning the controls I put a signal through it and found both channels equal. I next removed the glue from around a couple caps and checked the parts around them that also had glue on them. Tested all parts and...
  7. kwayde

Hitachi HMA-8300 SD-5 thyristor replacement

I opened this unit up today and found someone has been in there and replaced a SD-5 thyristor with a RGP30 diode. The diode was just wired up just standing in mid-air. The one to it's left wasn't connected to the heat sink very well either. Half of the spade is missing on that MV-1Y there and...
  8. kwayde

Pioneer SX-3900 circuit board screw terminal blocks.

This receiver has power supply problems and I found the original plastic wire terminals are brittle and breaking as I attempt to pull them from the board. I was thinking about getting some Phoenix screw terminal blocks, but I'm having a hard time finding what I need at the Mouser website. Not...
  9. kwayde

JL Audio F112 sub rumbling at idle, repaired.

My sub started acting up again after I replaced one cap that got it working good for a while. I contacted JLA support about the issue and asked what they thought. The guy I talked with was great and told me which caps they replace when subs come in for repair. I ordered the caps mentioned so...
  10. kwayde

Sansui AU-7500 value after rebuild

Wondering what the value of this amp is after it has been rebuilt using the following thread? Condition is fair. Someone in the past repainted to cover, plus they got paint on the power cord. The volume knob has a scratch...
  11. kwayde

Sansui 3000A signal loss in control amp. edit: Repaired.

I've gone over everything I can think of and keep coming up with no answer. Here's what I've done so far: I found a good matching signal at the green arrow in both channels, but it is much lower than the right channel at the red arrow. I replaced TR703 & TR704 (along with the ones in the...
  12. kwayde

Need SAE 3100 output transistor replacements

I can only find the schematic for this unit which doesn't list much information. I don't know what are currently in there. Would like to know current replacement transistors to use. The transistors Q11, Q12, Q111, and Q112 in the unit are only marked SAE1 & SAE2. Schematic...
  13. kwayde

Unique Kenwood Model Eleven III timer shaft

I've been given this unit to repair and I believe this timer shaft isn't the original. Rather unique. The owner thought it was broken being as hard as it is to turn back to zero, but I explained that they have high resistance and to just go ahead and put a little muscle into it and it will go...
  14. kwayde

Stereotech 1200 receiver relay problem

Initially the unit had a noisy left channel on the scope that I fixed in the tone/filter board areas. Checking the signal through the unit I get great signal all the way through to the relay where it ends. The relay isn't engaging. I checked voltages in that circuit and found all of the...
  15. kwayde

120hz hum and static, scratchiness in a Sony TA-F30 amp

When checking voltages I found that Q306 & Q307 were put in backwards at the factory according to the schematic. The screen printing on both sides of the board are wrong. The emitters of Q304, Q305, & Q306 are all connected at ground. The base of Q307 connects there too. All are 2sc945, e-c-b...
  16. kwayde

Rotary speakers

Here's something I've never seen before. Found this on Marketplace.
  17. kwayde

Looking for current substitutes for 2sa953 and 2sc2002

Working on a Sony TA-F30 and found both voltage regulators are bad. I've searched AK along with other places and found replacements that are obsolete or sold by questionable folks on ebay, etc. Just starting to dig deeper but was hoping for someone to save me some time. TIA.
  18. kwayde

Had to laugh at my idiot mistake the other day.

I haven't done this in some time so when I did I just shook my head and chuckled at myself. I guess after a while I get a little too sure of myself and don't pay enough attention. Was replacing four transistors on the tone board of a Kenwood KA-7100 amp that are on the crap list. Got them all...
  19. kwayde

What to do with non-working drivers

I have a woofer from a Dynaco A25 that has a voice coil problem along with a tweeter form the A25, plus two fried egg tweeters from Advents. All three tweeters read open but the woofer does have a very slight output at 6.4Ω but sounds tinny. I believe the voice coil may be warped as I can hear...
  20. kwayde

Anyone else notice our signatures have vanished?

Or is it just me?
  21. kwayde

Strava bicycling app not calculating correctly

The app was working fine calculating correctly, then out of the blue it began to calculate power/calories way, way low. I contacted support and they said to make sure my information was put in and that it was correct. I didn't make any changes to the app or my information, it just started to...
  22. kwayde

Technics SL-QD35 table with a Stanton cartridge/D72E stylus

A friend gave me this table months ago and when I fired it up it had run away speed. Found transistor 501 bad so I replaced it but the speed still took off. Replaced C208 and that fixed the problem. Couldn't find a service manual so I used the one for the SL-QD33. I don't know much about the...
  23. kwayde

Anybody know what these were used for?

Beginning back in the '50's my father was into bow hunting. I was just looking through some old things I had stashed away and found these Bear cutters. My dad made his own arrows and did a lot of do it yourself stuff when it came to hunting. Was wondering what these were actually made to do...
  24. kwayde

Anyone know where to get a lamp like this?

Just repaired this Kenwood but the stereo lamp is bad. Anybody know where I could pick up this specific 8v lamp?
  25. kwayde

My brother just bought a $140 Aiyima T9 Pro tube amp and can't get over the SQ.

Not sure where to post this but here seems safe. $140 and he's blown away. He told me about this video where this guy compares the T9 to a $900 Yamaha amp. They both have built in DACs. Looks like this little amp would be the perfect fit for anyone with a limited budget looking to place a...
Back
Top Bottom