Search results

1. spkrman57

Terry DeWick Retiring In Two Years!!

He repaired several tube equipment for me. Mostly McIntosh and Fisher gear. excellent work, he will be missed! Ron sends
  2. spkrman57

Happy Birthday doucanoe!

Happy birthday Ron!
  3. spkrman57

Happy Birthday spkrman57!

Thanks everyone! My regret is in my golden years I spend more time taking friends to medical appointments and audio has been slow lately. Cherish every good day you have. Regards,Ron
  4. spkrman57

Happy Birthday Harvey/ Ga!

Happy birthday Harvey!
  5. spkrman57

Picked Up A Mint ADCOM

I like my 555 II because the MOSFETS sound more tubelike with my high efficiency speakers. Ron sends...
  6. spkrman57

Phenolic ring tweeters

Improvement in sound with oil cap 1st order crossover. I used 4 mfd cap for low power applications. Ron sends
  7. spkrman57

Fisher XP66c speakers need help

I have a pair of XP66C spkrs with refoamed 12" woofers. hooked up to SE EL34 tube amp resulted in major disappointment. Fast forward to recapping crossover with Solen caps sounded quite nice after caps broke in. Not my main spkrs but sound like vintage Fishers! Regards, Ron PS: My top speakers...
  8. spkrman57

magnavox speaker/horn conversion

Too much bass and treble, reverse horn polarity and see how it sounds.
  9. spkrman57

Value of 12" EV Woofers, 1966 Knight Cabinets

I have a pair of Knight 3-way spkr system I am refurbing. I will post more when I get the crossover done right and tweaking complete. Ron
  10. spkrman57

Newbie in Ohio

Welcome from Columbus, Ohio. Ron
  11. spkrman57

doucanoe's system n' flux

I don't think you have enough spare drivers!!! WOW! audio everywhere in your house. Regards, Ohio Ron
  12. spkrman57

JBL 2226 8 ohm - 1.5 mH/16 ohm - 3 mH if using 3rd order on top at approx 1.6khz - 1.8khz. See...

JBL 2226 8 ohm - 1.5 mH/16 ohm - 3 mH if using 3rd order on top at approx 1.6khz - 1.8khz. See Pi spkr forum(audioroundtable) for more info. Newer 4 Pi spkr x-over uses 3rd order LF and HF and adds a zoebel. Hope this helps!
  13. spkrman57

new guy here

Welcome 01roadking! Regards, Ron
  14. spkrman57

New Ohio Member in need of some help

Welcome from Columbus, OHio! Holler if you need stuff, or advice! Ron sends...
  15. spkrman57

Happy Birthday to spkrman57

Wow! I guess I'm late to my own party. I had some modem problems lately and just got back online recently. Thanks for the BD wishes. Ron sends...
  16. spkrman57

New Member from Columbus, Ohio

Welcome to AK from Columbus, Ohio! You seem to like SS gear, but if you would like to hear how nice tubes and horns sound you are welcome to come visit me and hear my toys. I'm on the East side of Columbus, PM me if interested in talking audio and downing some brews! Regards, Ron...
  17. spkrman57

Knight KN 724

I have a KN-734, which is a integrated amp using 6BQ5/EL84 PP mode. My Dad built it from a kit in 1959. I need to re-cap it and bring it back up to working order again so I can send it to my brothers son to keep in the family. Ron sends...
  18. spkrman57

Hello !

Welcome from Columbus, Ohio!
  19. spkrman57

Schematic Question ~ What does this mean

It means to use "shielded wire" with the shield connected to ground for the connection. Ron
  20. spkrman57

Hello all from Ohio

Welcome from Columbus, Ohio! Ron
  21. spkrman57

Hello from OHIO!!

Hello from Columbus! Ron sends...
  22. spkrman57

Kings of Kabuki

They play loud! Not high-end spkrs though. Ron
  23. spkrman57

Hello from Ohio

You are close to where I live... I'm on the east side (I-70/I-270 east side split). Regards, Ron
  24. spkrman57

A little "Opinion" guidance for the new guy!

If you want to hear tube amps and horns then consider visiting my house for a listen. Send me a PM with contact info if you are interested in dropping on by. I also have a stash of vintage spkr cabs sitting around that I play with from time to time. Ron sends...
  25. spkrman57

Hello from Ohio

Welcome from Columbus, Ohio! Ron sends...
Back
Top Bottom