Search results

1. Rod Beauvex

RF generator vs Signal generator that outputs in the Mhz range.

What is the difference?
  2. Rod Beauvex

Philips/Fluke PM3065

I've been wanting to possibly hop back into this electronics/audio thing. Yesterday I found a scope in one of those indoor yard sale stores. It is a Philips 3065 (built by Fluke alledgedly), and she quoted me $150. It's fully analog and 100Mhz, but with soft touch buttons, from about 1985-1990...
  3. Rod Beauvex

Nakamichi R1 Mini-Receiver.........WOW!!!

Might have misread a previous post. SO neither the mono nor stereo cables seem to work the cassette CD functions, eh?
  4. Rod Beauvex

Nakamichi R1 Mini-Receiver.........WOW!!!

That jack marked AUX is proabably an audio input. Can we have a picture of the back of the units?
  5. Rod Beauvex

Magnavox 175 with 16khz and up?!?

You may try having your ears cleaned by a doctor.
  6. Rod Beauvex

6973 Power tube?

Like an EL84. Different Pinout. Lower gm. Higher bias voltages needed. http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/191/6/6201.pdf http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/049/6/6973.pdf
  7. Rod Beauvex

Help identifying Curtis Mathes chassis

Maybe you email and ask this guy? I browsed the site, didn't see that particular radio or cabinet. He would probably appreciate the pictures nonetheless. http://www.curtis-mathes.com
  8. Rod Beauvex

Is there such a thing as a "tube quad amp/receiver"?

Good lord, the steering circuitry would take up half the room, eat a lot of power and make a lot of heat, would probably give you a channel separation of 5db. There are standalone surround processors that do a fair job of decoding quad (some even designed for it) that have line level outs that...
  9. Rod Beauvex

Is Heathkit AA-23 anygood

Probably me. The AA-23 was a cosmetic update to the AA-181, but is electrically identical as far as I know. I have two, unrestored. At least one worked and sounded just fine to me, but started losing volume, so I unplugged it. Also, giant 470K grid resistors. :D AA-181...
  10. Rod Beauvex

Kenwood 1100U restore

Looks as bad as a Pioneer inside. You can find the schematic on Hifi Engine. You will need to register. http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/kenwood/kw-1100u.shtml
  11. Rod Beauvex

In the End It Really Is About The Recording Isn't It?

Ugh. Don't talk to me about poor recordings and poor mastering. I got a $3.50 reminder of this last night. Madacy Records' Best of the Big Bands 4 disc set. Off balance recordings. Recordings with treble roll off on one side. Just...no.... There was a reason it was discounted at the Dollar...
  12. Rod Beauvex

Where can I find this connector?

You can find em on Ebay.
  13. Rod Beauvex

According to the 1954 Radio Shack catalogue, this tube cost $1300

Probably more of a subject for Video Karma, being TV camera tube. A cool 11,000 US dollars these days for the imaging tube.
  14. Rod Beauvex

Pioneer SX-800

As has been drilled into my head with the stick 'o knowledge :twak: The important thing here is that the circuit is not exceeding the plate (and screen) dissipation ratings (plate current x plate voltage voltage = watts being dissipated). Many designs exceed voltage ratings. The Tube...
  15. Rod Beauvex

Dream system of my youth - NO!, the whole damn store (kinda) in the basement!

Does anyone know what that receiver is on the bottom shelf next to the Pioneer Flouroscan?
  16. Rod Beauvex

Sansui 1000A vs. Sansui 1000

Why are the OPTs so bad?
  17. Rod Beauvex

Jeff Lynne and ELO Song Database

Contractual obligation or not, Time is one of my favorite albums of all time.
  18. Rod Beauvex

Heathkit AA-100 question

Does swapping the power tubes help? Swapping the L and R source cables? Swapping the drive/splitter tubes? Swapping the preamp tubes around?
  19. Rod Beauvex

picked up two integrated tube amps today

Actually, didn't we have a thread recently where we discussed Kenwood OEMing for Lafayette? Is there Kenwood equivalent to the Fujistar / Lafayette version?
  20. Rod Beauvex

Fan for tubes

They've been selling amp fans since the sixties. There were ads for them in all those old magazines on that website someone posted a little while back. Newegg.com has dozens of 12volt 80, 92, and 120mm (among other sizes) fans that one could power off a wall wart. These can draw 150-400ma, so...
  21. Rod Beauvex

picked up two integrated tube amps today

Did we ever find out who made the Fujistar / Lafayette? I know a post suggested Sansui, and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen Sansui suggested as the OEM for Lafayette. It would be nice to know for sure. :p
  22. Rod Beauvex

AVID thread

Yes, I have seen that. I wonder how well that tracks. I believe the aforementioned Avid literature quoted 15 watts for the 85db 102As. I have seen 10 watts quoted for a set of 90db speakers from another brand.
  23. Rod Beauvex

AVID thread

Sorry to bump an old thread. Pair of 102s here. I assume the original ones, no letter. Does anyone have sensitivity figures for the 102s? I saw the link for the brochure for the 102As, rated at 85, but are the 102s like that as well?
  24. Rod Beauvex

Hey look... it's not ALL vintage chat

Thank you for responding to my post with something other than a pointless snide remark. I admit I had not thought about the long term project angle. Maybe a year or two limit after the past post. One could always post an I'm still alive post in a project thread. Maybe we could have a special...
  25. Rod Beauvex

Hey look... it's not ALL vintage chat

There has been a lot of thread necro-ing lately. One or two is ok, but this is beginning to border on subtle trolling. A lot of forums have auto-lock after a period of inactivity.
Back
Top Bottom