Search results

1. H

Being Sued for Parking In Own Driveway

Some judges certainly are stupid. Not most, I hope.
  2. H

So...what's the scariest movie you've ever viewed?

I saw The Sixth Sense when I was 43 years old. (Time flies!) For several nights after that, I slept with the lights on. That movie should be rated PG-43.
  3. H

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

1. Ohm Walsh 200 2. Bose 901 Series VI 3. Bose 901 Series IV Honorable mention: JBL HLS610
  4. H

Favorite Female Artists

Holly Cole is my favorite. And I do love almost all of her stuff.
  5. H

This showed up in the mail today

Here’s a good professional review. https://www.stereophile.com/content/holly-cole
  6. H

It’s good that you keep your records in good condition.
  7. H

It looks like Mister Pig has forgotten us.
  8. H

Words that were once common, now gone extinct

He said Great Scott! On TV, but Great Krypton! in the comic-books. When you’re seven years old, these things are important.
  9. H

Too bad Mister Pig hasn’t shared his impressions of the sound compared to CD. By the way, I think this thread is in the wrong forum. I don’t know where it belongs, but not in Turntables.
  10. H

Unpopular opinion

FM stereo is overrated. To get good reception with low static, you need mono.
  11. H

Unpopular opinion

12. H

Thank you, ripblade. At this recommendation, I bought Manteca’s disc, Extra Extra. Does anybody understand why there is such a long pause at the beginning of track 9? I saw Holly in person once in San Francisco. She said it was her favorite American city.
  13. H

Words that were once common, now gone extinct

Records, not vinyl. Hub caps, not wheel covers. Revelation, invitation, and failure, as nouns, not reveal, invite and fail, which are verbs.
  14. H

Unpopular opinion

They say that ketchup is the perfect condiment, because it has all four tastes, salt, sweet, sour and bitter, in equal strengths.
  15. H

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Paper napkin dispensers are always overstuffed so you have to grab more than you need.
  16. H

Unpopular opinion

The word is anthropocentric.
  17. H

Favorite unknown/underrated singer/songwriter

Holly Cole. The Canadian Holly Cole, not the Tennessean. She’s big in Canada, Japan and Germany, but for some reason, doesn’t seem to be as popular here. She’s a better singer than some people who everybody has heard of. Dave’s True Story. Too bad they broke up a long time ago. Dave Cantor’s...
  18. H

Craigslist Ad Of The Day lol

We see so many ads for used products without their remotes. Now we know where they all go.
  19. H

Things getting older has taught me

In my 40s I was taking tennis lessons and dancing lessons before I realized and learned to accept that I’ll always be lousy at physical things, and that it’s okay not to be good at everything.
  20. H

Oboservations.

I’m curious, in what ways did you prefer the 601 to the 901? Of course, the Bose company line is that the 901 is better.
  21. H

Here Is a Well-Written Ad-Please Take Notes-Terrific Salesperson

I don’t think the advertiser understands that people who move from out of town may have an area code on a cell phone from a different area.
  22. H

When you sleep...are you HSS or NSS?

I had insomnia for years until my psychologist taught me Progressive Relaxation Techniques. You breathe deeply and steadily while tensing and relaxing each part of your body in turn.
  23. H

Unpopular opinion

I like Bose 901 speakers. And I admire Julian Hirsch.
  24. H

Mono vs. Stereo!

I'm not an expert by any means, but if you drop a pebble in a pond, then on the surface you can see how waves spread farther apart from the source.
Back
Top Bottom