Search results

1. Alienz

Best make/brand caps to use

Had to use some BC components filter caps instead of the M-lytics I would normally use because of size restrictions but they are very nice!
  2. Alienz

Sansui Frequently asked, and more...

There are also some transistors in there that dont age well known as the 'flying saucer transistors', they could also cause the symptoms you are describing. Replacements for these are not expensive, there several threads on AK about which can be used. You have to open her up to see if they are...
  3. Alienz

Lets See All Them Axes

My 78' Jazz Bass
  4. Alienz

Sansui AU 317 II

+1 on Hyperion, if you had posted this in the Sansui section he probably already would have responded. As far as I know there are no unobtainable parts in the 317, there are modern replacements for all parts that are not available anymore.
  5. Alienz

Newbie, with a Sansui 771...that's not working.

Posting about this in the Sansui section of the forum will get you more responses
  6. Alienz

Sansui AU-555A

Did the tech that serviced it explain what he actually did? It looks all original to me. Like Rob said though, do a good cleaning of ALL switches and controls first.
  7. Alienz

Sansui AU-5900 Nasty Snap, Crackle, Pop Noises

Like Binkman said, try asking in the Sansui part of the forum, this DIY section is more for building your own amps etc
  8. Alienz

Sansui 800 Channel Imbalance

I saw your post in the other 800 thread, mine has same problem with volume on one channel. When volume knob is set at zero I can still hear sound from one channel. There is an older thread about this problem, I remember someone reporting there that when he replaced the volume pot the problem was...
  9. Alienz

Sansui 800 re-do.

Nice work Rob! :) I have one too, its my favorite receiver. I recapped all but the two vertical power boards, I still havent figured out how to get at them, did you replace the caps on those while they were still mounted vertical like in your last picture? I see you also replaced some flying...
  10. Alienz

Confirmation on 2SD666 sub

Ive run into this before, used a small file to make the ends of the legs just a little thinner so they fit better Thank you for your help! :) Gerard
  11. Alienz

To be on the safe side I will recommend he uses the TO-126 style case: Pre driver 2SD666 ---> KSC3503D Driver pair 2SD667 ---> KSA1220AY 2SD647---> KSC2690AY I hope someone can confirm these?
  12. Alienz

The 2SD666 is a used as pre-driver I was also looking for a replacment for the driver pair 2SD667/2SB647, subs I found for those are KSC2383YTA/KSA1013YTA and the KSA1220AY/KSC2690AY, the latter being TO-126
  13. Alienz

I suspected it had something to do with packaging. Thanks again! :) Gerard
  14. Alienz

Thanks! The ones over at digikey have an extra S would that be a problem? (KSC3503DS) http://www.digikey.nl/product-detail/en/KSC3503DS/KSC3503DS-ND/1049763
  15. Alienz

SM says '2SD666A (B or C)'
  16. Alienz

Hi, I'm trying to help a friend restore amp and I'm having trouble finding a sub for the 2SD666 There are also some 2SD667's in there for which I found the 2SC2383 as a sub, would these also work as a replacement for the 2SD666? The specs look alright to me but I just want to make double sure...
  17. Alienz

sansui g4700 all of a sudden starts to blow fuses, why??

Not sure if you were refering to my comment but i meant TWO pairs of speakers lower than 8ohm playing at the SAME time (A+B). Or would that still blow a transistor before the fuse in this design?
  18. Alienz

sansui g4700 all of a sudden starts to blow fuses, why??

Did he have two pairs of speakers playing at the same time? If both pairs are not at least 8 ohm this could also cause fuses to blow
  19. Alienz

Pioneer 500a recap question

So all is working well now with the new caps? Amazing that low quality caps could have such an effect but great that its working now, these are sweet sounding amps for their size :) Btw on your pics it looks like you didnt replace the two very small caps on the main board, light blue, i think...
Back
Top Bottom