Search results

1. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Thanks, but I did actually glue it to the board. Then decided the bit overhanging on the front to put more hot glue under it, so that it is to the cabinet at that end. :)
  2. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Here are a few pics. Original Clarity Cap to the Jantzen. Original crossover before the new Capacitors. One completed ready to go in. Installed.
  3. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Another mod I did was replacing the Clarity Cap section with Jantzen Superior Z-Cap capacitors and a Duelund bypass cap. (2x Supreme caps, a 0.68uf and 15uf in each speaker plus placing the bypassing on the 15uf cap) Not a cheap mod but there is a forum here in Australia where they have been...
  4. R

Tekton Owners Thread

From the video there 15 ohm 10W resistors. A bit hard to see but that is a ohm symbol at the end of 15. Zero Fidelity does outline the method in the comments. Quote: "Sure. Step 1) Reach out to Tekton and procure a set of resistors. 2) Once the resistors arrive, you should then remove the...
  5. R

Tekton Owners Thread

There is a video of a resistor upgrade for some earlier DI speakers. Anyone know about this? My SN on them are just below 150 and I sent off an email to tekton and not had a reply for a week or so. Video
  6. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Cabinet design and internal volume plus crossover design are all done to the exact drivers used in any good design. Your best bet is to contact Tekton/Eric and order the correct driver/s direct from him.
  7. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Efficient speakers like the Tekton's are ideal for AVR's. I have had excellent results with Tekton speakers running off AVR's as they do not need as much power to sound great. With any speaker, the better the amps and preamps, the better the resulting sound. But don't let that put you off...
  8. R

Tekton Owners Thread

All credit should go to the original poster. Looks like an interesting center speaker.
  9. R

Tekton Owners Thread

There were some pics earlier in the thread of a DI center. I did copy some of them (for future to look at buying one some day) but not where they are in the thread.
  10. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Sometimes when a speaker sounds clearer or different you do not notice than you have the volume up higher. If you can use a sound level meter and check, you might find it is louder. Even a app on your phone might do. It could surprise you.
  11. R

Tekton Owners Thread

I noticed the Enzo's in your first pic. Are they the standard black color? If so, what did you think of the color? Just thinking of saving some money on my order to Australia and wondered if the standard black still looks good.
  12. R

Tekton Owners Thread

That gap you see where the speakers are now is 11.5 Ft. I almost removed that wall when I renovated but left it to help stop the sound traveling into the other part of the house. Also hides my whole system until you enter right into the room. I normally put the speakers around 4 ft from the back...
  13. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Hoping my room might be a ok size for larger speakers. 7.7m x 4.8m. (25ft x 16ft). Thinking grills that cover the whole front might blend them in better. Will keep reading opinions as more buy them, while getting used to my pic of them in my room. :)
  14. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Thanks, I did find it. Looking at the pic he posted with his Brilliance, he does not have much room around the speakers. Not sure what his mates place might be like with the DI's and the electronics running them. I am still unsure which model but keep leaning towards the DI's. I have always...
  15. Possible Tekton 3800

Possible Tekton 3800

16. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Thanks mgb. That is enough info for me to go have a look.
  17. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Wold anyone have the link for the guy who preferred the Brilliance when compared to the DI? I am in Australia and have no way of hearing these speakers. I emailed Eric and asked if he could explain the difference in sound between the models. His reply was super vague but i understand he seems a...
  18. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Yes the Quasimodo amplifiers have quite a following over here. I have not heard one. Could be very good with efficient Tekton speakers.
  19. R

Tekton Owners Thread

We have a chap here in Australia with a comprehensive lineup of speakers. I bought a set off him in 2009. So been around a while. He is on his own and supposedly builds them from the back of his house. He does use a cabinet maker for the boxes. Scroll down the list to see them...
  20. R

Tekton Owners Thread

We are a funny lot. We complain when there is not enough choice and complain when there is too much. Just had a quick look at the B&W site and saw 40 different models. Great more choice! if someone wanted to buy that brand. I personally prefer lots of choices for me to work out what might be...
  21. R

New Cambridge Audio Azur 651P Phono Stage... hmmmm...

Looks pretty much the same layout inside.
  22. R

Recapping Cambridge Audio 640P Phono Preamp

Thanks guys. Just ordering some LM4562 opamps. I just read the 2nd last post on vinylengine on 640P. It mentions this --------------------------------------------------------------------- "A warning about removing 220pf MM input loading capacitors. Some time back I replaced 220pf with 22pf...
  23. R

Finally received and installed the last 4 Caps. http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq166/rocky501/P1090649.jpg Plugged it back in to my system and all seems to be working. No smoke. :) Using MM first on the Denon DL110. Now I just have to let in run in. I was going to ask if there is a easy way...
  24. R

Yes I thought they were a little pricey but the cheapest I could find here in Australia. All up it was $18 for all 6 including free freight. My mate came over today and was quite impressed with my soldering job. So once I have all the final parts, it will time to sit back and listen and enjoy...
  25. R

I can order some from farnell. Would these be ok? http://au.element14.com/lcr-components/fsc-160v-22pf-1pf/capacitor-22pf-1pf-160v/dp/9519971 Going to buy the 4 missing Panasonic caps from RS local supplier instead of ebay. :)
Back
Top Bottom