Search results

1. ron-c

C53 Distortion on voices

2. ron-c

Happy Birthday ron-c!

Thank you all for the HBD wishes!
  3. ron-c

MCT port

This would not work either way. HDMI must shake hands with HDMI and the MCT connection is for MCT on both ends. Ron-C
  4. ron-c

C49 Thoughts ?

Ha! C49 is a great unit and C53 or C2700 are also in the mix. The C46 is not common on the used market and those who still use analog tape decks look for these. C46 was one of the last preamps with dual buss, record and play functions that are useful when taping and monitoring the source VS the...
  5. ron-c

Mr88.....done? Replacement?

Actually new TVs certainly do have tuners as well as steaming capabilities if they are a 'smart TV'. NTSC 2.0 is happening behind the scenes ant it will be 4K with HDR and 3-d sound like Atmos..
  6. ron-c

MC-30 vs. MK-30

You can keep them as designed even though they are slightly different. I had a buddy drop off a pair like this years ago and I rebuilt them as stock with some new caps, resistors and tubes. They sounded identical and he is still using them many years latter.
  7. ron-c

How does the glass get made?

well you start with sand and heat.....
  8. ron-c

McIntosh MA6850 bias adjust

It is best for you to just order the service manual from McIntosh parts department. They are that expensive. Ron-C
  9. ron-c

McIntosh Mx160?

MHT100 or 200. Ron-C
  10. ron-c

MCT Transport – which cable to DAC?

You can use MCT + Coax + Optical all connected from the MCT to the Mc DAC. Select which ever digital input you like at any given time. Only MCT will carry the SACD disc signal of course. Ron-C
  11. ron-c

MCT Transport – which cable to DAC?

I think you have that reversed. Optical is solid to 24/96 where co-ax is 24/192 or beyond. Ron-C
  12. ron-c

Amp/Speaker Selector switch recommendation to split use of speaker between Tube Amp/SS receiver

If a Mc Tube amp is on without a load no problem. If you are driving it with a full range signal as in bi-amping into a speaker's passive crossover the amp will survive BUT it will not be happy and the tubes will have a shortened life. Tube amps do not see passive speaker crossovers like a...
  13. ron-c

Happy Birthday to ron-c

Thanks guys, yes here for another year, 68 this time around! Ron-C
  14. ron-c

How expensive/good would a tube phono pre have to be to best whats in a MAC Integrated?

The MC section is +60 dB and the MM is +40dB of gain which are pretty much industry standard. This is what most cartridges are designed for. Thanks, Ron-C
  15. ron-c

How expensive/good would a tube phono pre have to be to best whats in a MAC Integrated?

That is why MP100 has two phono in, one MC and one MM that can both be adjusted in ohms load for the MM and PF for the MM so all cartridges can be fine tuned unlike the set input on the MA6900. Ron-C
  16. ron-c

McIntosh's C22 preamp debuted 57 years ago, and it still sounds insanely great!

Most audio gurus would know what a Tape Head input is or would at least read the C22 owner's manual to find out.. C22 has like 18 volt output so he should trim this down using the top panel output level controls. This would also decrease the background noise. As others have said the C22 should...
  17. ron-c

C2700 Phono Stage Dull

Setting the C2700 to 200 Ohms added to the probable 100 ohms in your turntable's interconnects and tone arm wiring would give you about 300 ohms to match the cartridges required load. Thanks, Ron-C
  18. ron-c

Loose RCA on 4100 Fix?

LOL Ron-C
  19. ron-c

Why so many cracked glass out there?

belt buckles. Ron-C
  20. ron-c

I don't get it - trouble connecting a mx120 to a mc207

See page 7 of the MC207 owner's manual. Ron-C
  21. ron-c

I don't get it - trouble connecting a mx120 to a mc207

Sounds like it is working as designed. If you connect 12V power control to the B-Zone only the two B-Zone, surround channels will turn on. If you connect power control to the A=Zone then all the channels will turn on. Ron-C
  22. ron-c

MC275 Mk II Help!

Now that is what I call patina!!! Ron-C
  23. ron-c

Got the MX120 hooked up

Yes, use a small monitor with composite inputs for setup. Ron-C
  24. ron-c

MC240 with grey transformers ?

McIntosh Industrial amps like MI60, MI200, MI75s all had hammertone gray paint, not glossy gray. Thanks, Ron-C
Back
Top Bottom