Search results

1. richardda

McIntosh MHA-100 Headphones amp/DAC unboxed

Gosh, I think this thing is just beautiful! I can't wait to see a review of it. What it really appears to me to be is a "mini" 50 watt integrated amp with McIntosh's now (unfortunately) standard practice of building a DAC into it. If my wife and I end up "down-sizing", I could see myself...
  2. richardda

Mac With Thiel Speakers

I have Thiel 2.2's that I use with my MA6600, and I think it's a great sounding combo! :music:
  3. richardda

Audio Research Pre

I sold my SP9 Mk III earlier this year for $900. Mine was also an upgraded Mk II, but I didn't have the newer handles or the remote option. Still, I think his price is a bit high. I'd offer a lower price to start with. That said, it's a great preamp. I really loved mine, as I have all...
  4. richardda

Pics of your listening space

5. richardda

MA6700 or MA6600

I use a pair of Sennheiser HD600's with my MA6600. Sounds great to me!
  6. richardda

New Rega RP40 (annyversary edition TT, only available in 2013)

The red belt thing is odd; just a couple of days ago I was doing some research on the Rega "white belt" and ran across this on the Music Direct website: "Rega's Limited Edition White Belt was so popular they decided to make it a standard production item! Made from an ultra-pure rubber...
  7. richardda

Mac Tuner question.

Here it is: http://audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=74380&postcount=9
  8. richardda

Rega P25 vs RP6

Does anyone here have any direct experience in comparing a P25 to a RP6? I've got a P25 and I'm wondering if this would be a worthwhile move.
  9. richardda

Paul McGowan on McIntosh amps

I thought some folks here would be interested in reading this. Paul McGowan of PS Audio fame writes a dailey newsletter on audio topics. This one is from a few days ago and it addresses his thoughts about McIntosh amps. Essentially, he doesn't care for them...
  10. richardda

Any McIntosh/Box Furniture Co owners here?

Here's a picture of the rack I'm talking about. Look at post #35. This is similar to what I think I'm going to order; I want mine to be a bit larger (both in width and depth) to facilitate the MA6600. It's interesting that in every review of the Box rack that I've seen, they always say...
  11. richardda

I like it a lot. I just have to find something big and strong enough to set it in.
  12. richardda

OK, I've got a MA6600, and I need a new rack for it. I'm really interested in a Box Furniture Co. rack. Are there any Mac owners here who have a Box rack? And if so, can you post a picture of it with your McIntosh equipment in it? I'd like to see how they look and fit in the rack.
  13. richardda

Building a retirement system

This is just about the same situation that I'm in. I just turned 59, and have been thinking about my "last system" for a couple of years now. I've had Audio Research gear for the last 10-15 years, and while I truly love it, I wanted to move from a separate tube system (ARC SP9 Mk III preamp...
  14. richardda

Any fans of Art Dudley's Listener?

Great magazine! Art printed a few of my letters IIRC. Also, I was the guy who "cracked the code" on the message (or at least I was the first to write him about it and get credit for it). I had it figured out pretty early on, but it took me a while to write him about it. He gave me a free...
  15. richardda

Power Guard question

That was the first thing I thought also. I've already checked that, but to be sure I just took the speaker cable off, checked it and re-installed it. Still have the light. If it was the speaker lead it wouldn't be affected by the amount of volume, would it?
  16. richardda

Power Guard question

Has anyone here ever had an issue with a Power Guard light coming on while playing your amp at a low level? I have a MA6800, and generally never turn it up past about 10%. A few days ago I happened to notice that while music was playing with the volume set at about 3%, the Power Guard...
  17. richardda

Allison Acoustics Allison One

I have the Thiel CS2 2's, and I think they are just wonderful speakers. They like clean power, and they need some room to work properly, but they are excellent speakers! Doug
  18. richardda

What CD player are you using with Mac preamplifier and amp?

I'm using an Oppo BDP-83SE with my MA6200. Great sound!
Back
Top Bottom