Search results

1. cbusuttil

Marantz 1180DC restoration

Hello! I thought i d share my ongoing restoration on this wonderful integrated amp. First impressions; quite modular and easy to work on since many of the modules are plug-in! the amp is in decent shape apart from the bass and balance sliders which at some point snapped and have the metal part...
  2. cbusuttil

Kenwood KR-8010

Hey! recently acquired a Kenwood KR 8010; needed some servicing, but i got past that and it's doing great. Shame that it doesn't have the wood case :( Was the KR-8010 the TOTL Kenwood receiver? Anyone ever compared the KR-8010 with the KR-8050? they seem to have very similar power (125W vs...
  3. cbusuttil

Pioneer SX-1280 Restoration in Malta

Hello all! recently acquired this marvelous SX-1280 - been looking for one for a while. I also have an SX-980 which i recapped myself back in 2011. Here are some pictures that I managed to take while restoring this big old dog. re soldered all of the solder joints, full recap and replacement of...
  4. cbusuttil

Pioneer SX-1280 restoration

Recently acquired this marvelous receiver. I already own an SX 980, which I restored around 6 years ago. Now I am restoring this SX-1280. Full recap, new output transistors and some other troublesome transistors, full re-soldering of all joints etc. Hope you will enjoy some pictures of my...
Back
Top Bottom