Search results

1. basil13

SA-9800 One Channel Cut Out and Relay Question

The owner said one channel was cutting out on him when listening to a tuner. I have not been able to recreate the issue yet, but did notice high DC on one channel. If one channel has high DC offset does the relay disengage both channels or can it cut off one? Thanks
  2. basil13

Anyone replace a Spec 4 Soft Start Relay?

I had a buzzing relay, and based on info in another thread I replaced one with a Omron LY2F-AC110. I connected the new relay exactly like the old. Now I only have AC voltage and DC filter cap voltage on one channel. Fuses tested ok out of circuit. I am not hearing the first relay click...
  3. basil13

Spec 4 Output Replacement 1 Channel or Both?

I am working on a spec 4 that has had a rough life. Found both channels had a mix of output transistors (pics are 1 but the other is similar). Between both channels, there are enough PNP/NPN's with the script font "Toshiba" and same ranking. I believe these are original and there is enough to...
  4. basil13

SX-990 Lamp Holder Repair or Replacement

I opened a SX-990 and found the attached pic for the meter lamp holders. They are split off the end. Any ideas to repair or part numbers to replace? Thanks
  5. basil13

AU-9900 Main Filter Caps Replacement

With the unique design, I was wondering if anyone has a go to make and model for replacing the main filters? Thanks
  6. basil13

Yamaha B1 Adjustment Procedure Assistance

Hi All I have been working on a B1 for too long now and was looking for some help resolving a problem I have encountered during the set up procedure. Additionally, it would help if Yamaha didn't include so many errors in the manual and schematic. Attached are pictures of the set up starting...
  7. basil13

MC 250 Oscillation

Hi All, I have been working on a stubborn MC 250 with some help from c_dk and thought I was successfully done with it. This has been my first MC 250 to work on and has been an adventure. After a few days of play testing, I noticed some distortion on one channel. I put it on the scope and...
  8. basil13

McIntosh MC250 Assistance and Questions

I am working on a MC250 that has been hacked on and was looking for some assistance from 250 experts. First, it is serial # 62L95, I am using the service manual starting at 23L48. Is this the correct service manual? Second, this unit has the incorrect wiring from the amp boards to the...
  9. basil13

MC 250 Blown 132-524 Substitute

I have a blown 132-524 transistor. I searched the forum and see people were using the 2n3767. Is seems they are now end of life, and the prices at mouser and digikey are too high for me. Is there another recommended substitute? thanks
  10. basil13

2215b blown channel output twice

I recently worked on a 2215b that had 1 blown channel. I checked all other components on the channel, which tested fine. Replaced the outputs that were blown, set the bias, checked the power and distortion with a scope. Play tested for a couple of days and all was good. It came back to me...
  11. basil13

SA-9500 Relay Substitute

I see some have said they replaced the guts of the chassis mount replay on the 9500 with a newer Omron. I tried with the MY4-02-24VDC and wasn't able to install the new mechanics. The chassis mount case was too small for the new guts. Is there a chassis mount available? Or more to the work...
  12. basil13

Yamaha UC-1 Lamps/Bulbs

I haven't had any luck finding the service manual. Anyone know what voltage and amp rating the meter bulbs are? Thanks
  13. basil13

B1 Amp Precautions and Recommendations

A customer brought in the C1/B1/UC1 combo for me to repair the C1 and go over the B1. I have never worked on these before, but repaired the C1. The B1 is working, but does run hot. After researching the B1 I understand there are a number of parts with no substitutes. I am a technician with...
  14. basil13

Another SA-9500 Protection Issue

I have an amp that has me scratching my head and could use some more eyes or thoughts. I will spare the long story for now. As it sits the amp won't come out of protection, there is very little dc offset (15mV) and I have checked all voltages on the power amp board and nothing stands out. I...
  15. basil13

Mac1900 Replacement Volume Pot Issue

I have a customer that brought in a Mac1900 with a replacement volume/on-off pot from McIntosh. I installed it the same as the original and replaced the striped caps to the balance pot. The receiver now clips very quickly. I found mention of the clipping issue on the net, where the person...
  16. basil13

2238B Tone Board PE01 Removal Question

I have the receiver apart for a restoral, with the main amp/power board (P700) and filter caps removed. If I install the P700 board back into position, will I be able to remove the tone board (PE01) from the back of the front chassis without P700 getting in the way? Thanks
  17. basil13

9090 Black Cabinet??

I purchased a 9090 recently and the wood cabinet is flat black. I found some with a black cabinet through a internet search. Were they ever produced with black cabinet or was it painted?
  18. basil13

2325 Help Please. Verification Request.

I purchased a "working" 2325 and started the servicing/partial restore when I discovered some previous work on the unit. Attached is picture of a cable that has been cut from the P300 MPX board. According to the schematic it should attach P300 pins J320 and J321, to the switch S002 (Dolby)...
  19. basil13

IMF CM2 Restore Help

Hello, I found a pair of CM2's a few years back from a thrift store (pics attached). I enjoy the British sound and while I am downsizing my collection I am keeping these, with the right receiver/amp the soundstage is huge. As you can see they need a lot of work and I would also like to...
  20. basil13

SA-7500 Restoration Questions and Recommendations

Hi All, I am continuing to thin my personal collection with restorations and for sale signs. The latest is a SA-7500 that I bought several years back from the original owner. It is in fantastic condition with the bonus of original box, manuals, and sales brochure. Once I am done, I hope the...
  21. basil13

SX-1080 Wood Case Restore

The pic is how I purchased the receiver. I don't plan on keeping the receiver, but want to restore the case since the receiver has been restored. The ring is only in the finish and not the wood. The rest is in pretty good shape. I have read some older threads but was wondering if there were...
  22. basil13

Gold Cased Power Resistors and Output Power Testing

Hi, I am looking to test the actual output power of some 20-65 watt receivers and was looking for inexpensive power resistors. Around the net, there are a number of gold cased, wire wound power resistors that rate at 8 ohms and 100 or more watts. It appears they may come from the same...
  23. basil13

Marantz 2220B Restoration. Follow Along!

Marantz 2220B Restoration. Follow Along lHi All, I recently posted seeking recommendations and clarifications on my Marantz 2220B restoration project and thought I would invite you to watch my journey. A bit of a background on me and the receiver. I am an electronics technician who...
  24. basil13

2220B Restoration Parts Questions

Hi All, I have started a restoration of a 2220b. I have read various threads and recap lists but some of the parts are no longer available. I am putting in an order to Mouser and was hoping for some assistance. 1) Recommended Mouser part for the 2 main filter caps. 2) What to replace...
  25. basil13

Testing SX-1080 Output Transistors

Hi, I started my winter SX-1080 restoration project and located info in the forums relating to the difficulty obtaining the o/p transistors. I am looking for advice on how to test the o/p before getting too deep into the restore?? Thanks Bob
Back
Top Bottom