Search results

1. S

Anyone have opinion or experience with Plitron OPT?

where did you get the price from? My attempt to get a price quote from them went unanswered. John
  2. S

Intermittent noise in AU-9900

hi Pete. serial number is in the database already. the fuse blew when I tried to hook up an RCA cable that was live and the 60HZ signal came through at full blast. I think that is what happened.... In any event, it was nice to know that engineers thought of this eventuality and 1) put a fuse of...
  3. S

Good news. it was a blown fuse and easy to access from the bottom. I also have gotten rid of the noise in the preamp by spraying contact cleaner in the pre-main switch and working it vigorously.
  4. S

intermittent noise is now a dead channel in the power amp. any ideas where to start looking? the death followed a very loud noise when I tried to feed a wrong cable into the pre out connector.
  5. S

noise is still gone so the problem;em is somewhere in the preamp. Anyone have a suggestion of where to start? I see there are 2SC1313 transistors in the buffer section: would they give the type of problems I am having? I should have noted the problem was in one channel only. John
  6. S

using the 9900 as a power amp now. noise is gone but time will tell. John
  7. S

Greetings all, After 6 weeks of trouble-free performance of my newly acquired AU-9900 I am getting intermittent noise, typically a gravelly, static-like noise that will last from a few seconds to a few minutes and seems to be dependent on the output. the amp appears to be completely stock and...
  8. S

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Recently acquired Sansui AU-9900. Left 6mv right 15mv. That is good enough for me. How often should this be checked? Jp
  9. S

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Sansui AU-9900 Serial No. 236070751 Outstanding amp. Impressive engineering. Beautiful sound. Bought from eBay seller in Eastern Ontario. John Pippy
  10. S

SE 811 amp schematic...

D'oh! My mistake thanks!!
  11. S

SE 811 amp schematic...

Quick question Knockbill, Did you go with parallel sections of the 6SL7 or in series as shown on the drawing. I have a rough and ready version right now so i am trying to get the typology nailed down first. John
  12. S

SE 811 amp schematic...

Knockbill, Can you post the final schematic that you used for the amp? I am going to start in on the weekend. John
  13. S

SE 811 amp schematic...

I will definitely use a seperate transformer for each of the 811A, I hope. The chokes i have are stout but only two or three H. I may double up to see what happens. My speakers are only 89dB efficient so i might be able to get away with some low level hum.
  14. S

SE 811 amp schematic...

Yes, i plan on pio caps and big chokes. I couldn't help but notice your avatar is my favorite PF album and very close to favorite album period. There will be rock!
  15. S

SE 811 amp schematic...

Excellent thread! I am hoping to go down the same road in a couple of weeks when my 811A tubes get here. Right now i have the JELabs Deluxe 300b SET but one of the power tubes seems to be losing power. I picked up a pair of nos GE 811a's on ebay for less than the price of one crappy 300b so i...
  16. S

Sansui 881 and sibilance issue

Deoxit sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, i cannot find it locally. Does anyone know of a source that will mail it to me in Canada?
  17. S

Tried a generic cleaner on the pots to no real change. I did change out C01 and .02. I will swap out the green mylar caps as well. It may be that i notice it more with the loudness switch on. I will be ordering up new electrolytics and trim pots and anything else folks suggest. Thanks!
  18. S

I have replaced the large caps on the driver board and that is it. The dc offset was adjusted as well as the bias current. The left channel adjusts fine but the right channel is very sensitive and seems to drift easily.i am assuming it is the trim pot but perhaps not. Any suggestions are...
  19. S

The sibilance/ distortion issue is giving me grief again. This time i notice it when the loudness button is depressed. From what i can tell this mode is activated from within the tone control board. Are there any suspect transistors, diodes, or resistors on the tone control board that i should...
  20. S

Another question showing my ignornace. Are there any fuse resistors in the 881? John
  21. S

Is there anything to be gained by replacing the transistors on the driver board? Excuse my ignorance but do they fail gradually with increasing distortion, or is it a sudden thing where it just stops working? John
  22. S

1953 Naval Research Lab OPT & Amp Tests

Outstanding find!
  23. S

Amp is playing in my living room and sounds much better. I was able to adjust the DC offset no problem but when i removed the appropriate fuse to measure the bias am getting zero amps. Is this possible? Something blown but still i get sweet music? Solid state is new to me having come from tube...
  24. S

Good points. I will order up some dale mf resistors. John
  25. S

On the subject of resistors i am not seeing any carbon comps on the driver board. Can i assume that the carbon film resistors that are there remain within spec? If not, what ones should i check? John
Back
Top Bottom