Search results

1. ahartig

Another Speaker ID

I did, seller wont take any more pics.....
  2. ahartig

Another Speaker ID

Agreed, the one saving grace is the cloth pulltab at the top of the grill for easy removal, seems like a "quality" touch..... but most likely nothing to write home about
  3. ahartig

Another Speaker ID

Posted locally by me, any idea what these might be? RSL maybe?
  4. ahartig

Positive feedback for and thanks to many, some very belated

Great buyer, seller, and all around solid AKer
  5. ahartig

Altec Lansing 846B Valencias - First Timer, Advice, Upgrades

I went through a few amps. Have settled with an Outlaw RR2160 for now. I do have an ESS power amp i could try out with it. I like the outlaw though.
  6. ahartig

Altec Lansing 846B Valencias - First Timer, Advice, Upgrades

Well, I finally got around to replacing the L pads and the speaker terminals as well as recapping the crossovers.. and wow. I am in love. These have gone right back into the main listening area and I don't think they will budge anytime soon. Local tech did the work and he did a great job.
  7. ahartig

ahartig....Excellent Transaction!

Thanks, always a pleasure to do business and communicate with you
  8. ahartig

Onkyo Integra A-810. How hot is too hot?

It takes over 5 minutes.... closer to 10
  9. ahartig

Nothing on top. It has about 8” of clearance to the top shelf and is open on all sides. Just measured output and it’s reading between 240/244 volts. That May be the problem i guess. Should i be concerned? the back of the receiver has a sticker by the cord that indicates 220v
  10. ahartig

Recently started using my Onkyo Integra A-810 in the office setup and its sounds spectacular. One thing I’ve noticed is that it gets pretty hot around the transformer area, top left of case. I can rest my hand on it without it being painful, but it’s definitely hot. I measured the surface temp...
  11. ahartig

Custom Speakers - Driver ID

Yup, those are it. Thank you!
  12. ahartig

Custom Speakers - Driver ID

Need help identifying the drivers in these homebrew speakers. Any ideas?
  13. ahartig

Shure Cart ID

Good call, around $31 Part # Source Description Tracking Force Replacement Comment Original Needle Body Color Availability Price Add To Cart 4760-DED EVG Swiss Diamond 0.25 x 0.7 mil nude elliptical tip for 16,33,45 rpm records 1.0 - 1.5g N75-E, N75-ED Type II Black, Gray, Yellow Available $31.00
  14. ahartig

Shure Cart ID

Finally getting around to replacing the stylus on this one. Still on my Kenwood KD3055. After going through the thread and back and forth, sounds like my best bang for buck and sound would be this: https://www.lpgear.com/product/SHN075HET2LP.html Or this, if I want to save $50.... This is...
  15. ahartig

Mystery driver pulled from home brew speaker

This wooden horn also came with it. Seems like it might have been a prototype?
  16. ahartig

Here are all the hand drawn notes that came with the cabinet. The cabinet took me close to 2 hours to disassemble.
  17. ahartig

Low end driver ID

Feels like metal. It is “MCM50-2230” i spent a bit google searching to no avail. The sub hits pretty hard and sounds good as is for now, Perfect sub for the garage system. Here are some pics of the beast.
  18. ahartig

came out of this cabinet. FYI. Not sure if that helps. It sounds ok…. The driver itself sounds ok. No buzzing.
  19. ahartig

appreciate the input. The green label is puzzling. I dont see any D120s with that color label. I have some hand written literature that came with it. I’ll take some pics and upload. What bad things do you think happened to it. Looks like the dust cap was replaced……
  20. ahartig

Looks like a jbl. 12”. Any idea what model?
  21. ahartig

Low end driver ID

Purchased a Frankenstein subwoofer an estate sale today. Pulled the driver and found this, wondering if anyone has any idea what brand this might be
  22. ahartig

Speaker ID help

Anyone know what kind of speaker this is?
  23. ahartig

The Official Well Tempered Audio Thread

good to know. I will return the belt when i get it. I usually only dabble in direct drive so apologies, not too familiar with the intricacies of belt driven. I’ll try the half twist in my current belt and order the LP gear belt as well.
  24. ahartig

Appreciate the response, $46 seem pretty steep for a belt. I ended up ordering this off eBay…. One of the reviews said it worked fine for the well tempered classic…. Hopefully it works ok...
  25. ahartig

Was listening to zeppelin when the levee breaks yesterday and i could have sworn i heard some slow down…. I can’t test the speed using my cell phone RPM as i normally would due to the platter setup and the weight of the phone…. The belt is the original from the 90s and the owner said he used the...
Back
Top Bottom