Search results

1. rbspop

PrimaLuna

Gentlemen, I have a PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP that is in need of repair. I was told by a person at "Upscale" that PrimaLuna does not have service manuals for their gear. Could this possibly be true? Thanks, bruce
  2. rbspop

Need help with idle current

Trying to check Denon PMA2000ivr idle current and came across this: See attached file. I do not know if I am supposed to connect exactly as shown or do one side at a time? Any help will be most appreciated. TIA bruce
  3. rbspop

Harman Kardon

Hi All, I have a HK 680 that works great. However for future reference; do any of you know of a good HK tech? Thanks, bruce
  4. rbspop

Harman/Kardon HK 680 Transformer

Hello, I am in need of a HK 680 120 volt transformer or a way to up the voltage of a 100 volt transformer? Any ideas or solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, bruce
  5. rbspop

Sony SRT 7065 sound

Hi All, I was doing some a/b (decibel matched) comparing today and noticed that my 7065 didn't have the top end extension of the unit I was comparing (vintage Sansui 881) it to. I proceeded to compare it three other units I have (2 vintage and one modern) and they all played the disk I was using...
  6. rbspop

Wire Wrap 1mm pin connectors

1. Is there a preferred pin connector for connecting wires to 1mm wire wrap pins? 2. I don't need any now, but in the future? Is there an equivalent part for the 33H2 circuit Breaker Bulb as found in the Sony STR 7065 Power Board?
  7. rbspop

Subscription

I was denied a post in Barter Town as it said that I am not a subscriber. However on my "Account Upgrade" page it says that I am a Subscriber until June 3, 2021. Help please? rbspop be43nyc@charter.net
  8. rbspop

Capacitor Value

Could someone please tell me the value of this cap? I know it is a Mylar film cap and the 103 is 10,000pf. But what is the 50k? And what would be a substitute? Oh! And what would the purpose be? I have two Sony 7065's and one has the cap and one doesn't. Thanks
  9. rbspop

Sony 7065 capacitor

Hello, The dreaded capacitor eating monster stopped by last night and got me! I have looked high, low and everywhere in-between and no cap. It goes on the backside of the power amp board between pin "c (red wire)" and "e (black wire)". Which respectively go to red (control board) and black (am...
  10. rbspop

Marantz 7t needs help

Hi All, I just acquired a 7t that is in need of some help to wit: Volume is sort of hit and miss depending on the position. I do not have a power amp so can only use the headphone jack. It only appears to be working in one channel. When I put the jack in I only have sound on the right channel...
  11. rbspop

Replace or not replace passive components

Just wondering, since the board is out and I plan on keeping the receiver, if I should replace the caps, transistors, and diodes in the name of longevity? It is the power amp board from a Sony STR 7065. It actually runs very good and has a 50mv offset. Somebody has done some work on the...
  12. rbspop

Sony STR 7065

Just picked up a unbelievably clean 7065. It appears to be "stock". Although I have noticed some new solder on the Power Amp board. So it has had somebody in it (some of the solder joints look like my dog did them). I have a couple of questions: There is a "hum" on all inputs. Does that mean...
  13. rbspop

Cleaning circuit boards

I have used many products to clean circuit boards; however, I haven't attempted one that appears to have multiple problems such as this one. I used 99.9% isopropyl and removed most of the 'grunge' but not all. Any suggestions for removing the rest? Thanks
  14. rbspop

Speaker wires

Perhaps someone here can enlighten me on why people have to have zillion dollar double aught speaker cables? I was looking at a very expensive Power amp the other day and noticed that the wire going to the speaker terminals was 12 gauge. In construction a 100ft 12ga extension will drive two...
  15. rbspop

nnel works

I have traced the lack of FM signal to the IC "A" on the 045-220 board. The left channel has a FM signal throughout. I replaced the IC in the right channel with the left channel IC and there was a signal (albiet a rather poor one). I don't have a scope just a tracer made from a Radio Shack...
  16. rbspop

MAC 4100 FM Problem

Couple of MAC 4100 tuner problems: I can receive 6/45 FM stations with "Mono" switch out. However with the "Mono" switch depressed I get all of the (45/45) stations in my area. With an FM antenna attached the meters are "dead center and about 8-10 on the strength meter. With the FM Mute switch...
  17. rbspop

MAC 4100

Hi All, Have a tuner problem that two shops don't know how to fix. The FM only work with the Mono button depressed. Suggestions? Thanks, bruce
  18. rbspop

Kenwood KR 8050 Tone Amp X11-1590-10

Hi, Would anyone know where I could get a Tone Amp Board for a KR 8050 (x11-1590-10)? Thanks rbspop
  19. rbspop

MAC 4100 Equalizer

Okay a bit of a situatition that requires some 4100 experts. I have totally recaped my 4100. However, if the equalizer is connected it will not work. All of the power light are lit..not working. If I bypass the equalizer board and hook the connectors that normally go to it directly to the...
  20. rbspop

MAC 4100 IC

I need 5 IC'c for a MAC4100. The Service Manual says they are MC-4558P. PN133028 (They look like Ti. AC/SN7881SP/028/Malaysia and are for the Equalizer board). Any help would be appreciated.
  21. rbspop

MAC 4100 SVC in Northern California

I need the best mac service shop in NORCAL. McIntosh recommends Paradyme in Sacramento. Anybody had any experience with that shop or any others?
  22. rbspop

New 4100 Dilemma (Follow up on 4100 no power thread)

Okay! Recapped the entire unit, repaired the "tape" board and now discovered this with the "Volume" board. First of all it would appear that in the past someone did a 'repair' on said board (pic 1) And althought I can't seem to find fault with the trace repair I am not happy with it. Any...
  23. rbspop

MAC 4100 BOM

Hi All, Just getting back to rebuilding a 4100 and I have a few questions (SN: BY6279). Does any body have a fairly recent BOM? I noticed that most of the "NP" Capacitors are not even thought they are called out in the schematic. Are there any mods, substitions, or mistakes I should be on the...
  24. rbspop

MAC 4100 No Power

I just acquired a MAC 4100 and there is no sound. All of the front panel lights work as do both relays. However none of the Power Leds work except when first powered up. Any suggestions short of sending it back. Thanks ...
  25. rbspop

KR-8050 Tone Amp Board

I just finished a rebuild of a KR-8050 that I had to cannibalize a tone amp board from another unit to finish. I have another almost complete 8050 that is in need of Tone Amp board (X11-1590-10)(A/7). Anybody have one or know someone who might know someone whose brothers uncle might know someone...
Back
Top Bottom