Search results

1. P

MAC 225 and 240 Output Tube Rolling

What were your Maximatcher ratings for those GEs? For some reason the people I have talked who own those units claim that the GEs usually test under 2.2 and sometimes out of the box that way.
  2. P

New Tube Preamp - China - 12AX7

Didn't Stephe run into some problems with her build with 12AX7s and then ran 12au7 tubes in her build? My now passed on tech, (such a great guy...gonna miss him) wrote to me when my CJ7 clone needed a going over.. This is what he wrote concerning the tunes used in it. "This preamp uses 12AX7...
  3. P

Thank you Dave for providing that info. I am using JJ6L6GC in my MC240 and they have been working flawlessly. Question though...would a step up to the JJ7027A in a MC240 circuit be easier on that tube vs the 6L6GC already in there?
  4. P

Also @dcgillespie you have had positive words to say about JJ6L6GC tubes in MC240 amplifiers before so I wonder if those positive experiences still stand.
  5. P

Please share your measurements with us if you still have them.
  6. P

MC30 Tube Choices

Long or short plate?
  7. P

MC30 Tube Choices

Curious about everybody's experience with 12au7s in this amp. I always thought the black plate RCA was warmer than most...
  8. P

The NEW Grado Hum Database

No idea...but I can tell you it's not the arm. It doesn't happen with a genuine 834P and also is good with my MX-110Z....
  9. P

The NEW Grado Hum Database

It probably is Chris, as it's from 1997. It happens in every mono cart with the 834P. With all stereo carts it is tomb quiet.
  10. P

Digital tube testers

I love the testers but I am completely flabbergasted that tubes that I bought matched from reputable sellers that test great (yes I know lower voltage and all) in my Stark 9-66 tube tester (based on the HIckok models - actually licenesed so they are pretty much identical) with high Micromos...
  11. P

Confusion about bias dropping resistor for MC240

I never thought to do so!
  12. P

Confusion about bias dropping resistor for MC240

About 10 years ago I ordered all the parts for a restore on my MC240 from Jim McShane and one of the curious bits was Terry's recommendation for a 470 ohm dropping resistor in series with a diode in the bias supply was not present. I asked a tech up here who had initially done work on it in...
  13. P

New to DACS...help needed with an Oppo Sonica issue.

I have done as you say and it works great now... Bothers me that that's all I can use for my files at this time.... I may have to revisit all of this.... New dac? One where the company doesn't go awol on their products?
  14. P

Yes - sorry - you are right...that seems to be happening right now....I guess it's intermittent. Does anybody think this could be related to how large the external drive is or maybe the cord connecting it to the USB Host port?
  15. P

Searching all over the internet hasn't revealed a problem with this DAC in terms of a hard drive plugged into the USB connector...more like the app crashes...that sort of thing...
  16. P

Is that linked to a specific Topping model or in general with most of them?
  17. P

I was given an Oppo Sonica to try out and see how I liked the experience - and it sounds great except for a few problms.... I have been using a Blue Jean Digital Coaxial cable between my BDP-83 and the Sonica and occasionally it will just lose the signal and the OPPO main menu shows up on the...
  18. P

Idler drive spinning too fast. Is there a speed control for AC motors?

Surely others have controlled the mains frequency haven't they?
  19. P

I do as well. However I suspect this is a real problem as I did hear it as well - a 1% difference is detectable to the ear.
  20. P

Hello! I have a Pioneer MU-7 that seems to be the same motor system in most Pioneer idler drives from the 60s. The problem is that originally it had speed problems and I had a professional lathe me a new pulley for both 44 and 33 speed and he got it to 45 RPM and 33.2 RPM - so close enough. I...
  21. P

Zero Zone tube preamp putting out DC?

Any progress with this?
  22. P

12ax7 tubes for MC240

The E83CC is a great tube. I thought the 803S was a bit brittle in my 240. I like the combo of a Telefunken in the first slot and the JJ E83CC in the last two 12ax7 positions.
  23. P

EAR 834 clone

I didn't have any noise either EXCEPT when hooking up any monophonic cartridge to my SL1200 MK2... It doesn't matter if it's the AT33MonoLP or the Grado Mono that I have - there is a buzz... However with any stereo cartridge - it's silent as can be,,,, A real head scratcher.
  24. P

Which new P-mounts are the go-to today?

Wondering if you could show us a pic of how you did it? That would be wonderful!
  25. P

Where did deadwax info go on Discogs?

Same problem on mine now as well.
Back
Top Bottom